Global Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market, By Product (Instruments, Consumables, Services), Process (High-Level Disinfection, Intermediate/Low-Level Disinfection), Type of Probe (Linear Transducers, Convex Transducers, Phased Array Transducers, Endocavity Transducers, TEE Transducers, Others), End-User (Hospitals, Diagnostic Imaging Centers, Maternity Centers, Ambulatory Care Centers, Academic & Research Institutes, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market
Global Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market is estimated to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 315.70 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 1441.10 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 20.90% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the rising number of ultrasound imaging practices and the need for proper disinfection of ultrasound probes.
Market Definition: Global Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market
Ultrasound probes are devices that are used to form images of internal organs through sound waves; the sound waves are sent from these probes which then bounce back from the internal organs and received by the probe which then sends the signal to the computer which construct the sound waves into images which are known as sonograms. These probes can be found in a number of different shapes and sizes, which need to be completely disinfected before they can be used again. These probes undergo different disinfection procedure so as to avoid any bacterial contamination or transfer between patients.
According to Center for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2015 there were an estimated 687,000 cases of hospital-acquired infections in USA’s acute care hospitals. Of which around 72,000 patients died during their time period under hospital care due to these hospital acquired infections.
- Increasing number of ultrasound imaging practices and procedures are expected to drive the market growth
- Increasing incidences of health-care associated infections (HCAI) caused due to the improper reprocessing and disinfection is also expected to drive the market growth
- High cost of automated probe reprocessors and disinfection procedures is expected to restrain the market growth
- Lack of adoption of automated probe reprocessors instead of manual disinfecting is also expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market
- By Product
- Automated Reprocessors
- UV-C Disinfectors
- Manual Reprocessors/Soaking Stations
- Ultrasound Probe Storage Cabinets
- Disinfectants (By Formulation)
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Disinfectant Liquids
- Disinfectant Sprays
- Disinfectants (By Type)
- High-Level Disinfectants
- Intermediate/Low-Level Disinfectants
- Enzymatic Detergents
- Non-Enzymatic Detergents
- Disinfectants (By Formulation)
- By Process
- High-Level Disinfection
- Intermediate/Low-Level Disinfection
- By Type of Probe
- Linear Transducers
- Convex Transducers
- Phased Array Transducers
- Endocavity Transducers
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE) Transducers
- Pencil Transducers
- Concave Transducers
- Sector Transducers
- By End-User
- Diagnostic Imaging Centers
- Maternity Centers
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Independent Associations
- Government Organizations
- Sports Academies
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2016, Canon Inc., announced that they had planned to acquire Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation; turning it into a subsidy with the approvals already received from the regulatory authorities. This acquisition is aimed at combining the product portfolio and imaging capabilities of both the companies.
- In June 2018, Koninklijke Philips N.V. announced that they had established an agreement for the acquisition of EPD Solutions, with the acquisition helping in expanding imaging products and solutions portfolio.
Competitive Analysis: Global Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market
Global ultrasound probe disinfection market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of ultrasound probe disinfection market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in ultrasound probe disinfection market are Nanosonics, CIVCO Medical Solutions, Tristel, Ecolab, GERMITEC, Parker Laboratories Inc., Schülke & Mayr GmbH, CS Medical LLC, Virox Technologies Inc, STERIS plc, Advanced Sterilization Products Division Ethicon US LLC., Metrex Research LLC., GENERAL ELECTRIC, Siemens AG, Koninklijke Philips N.V., CANON MEDICAL SYSTEMS CORPORATION, and Hitachi Medical Systems Europe.
Research Methodology: Global Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global ultrasound probe disinfection market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)