Global Underground Utility Mapping Market By Component (Technological Solutions, Services), Technological Solutions (Electromagnetic Induction, Ground Penetrating Radar and Others), Service (Professional Services, Managed Services), Vertical (Oil and Gas, Electricity, Government and Public Safety, Construction, Telecommunication), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Underground Utility Mapping Market
Global underground utility mapping market is set to witness a healthy CAGR of 11.25% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing government initiatives toward the maintenance of underground utilities and rising economic activities are the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Underground Utility Mapping Market
Underground utility mapping is widely used to track the location and position of the public utilities such as lines for telecommunications, pipelines, wastewater pipes and others which are situated underground. Many new techniques such as live line detector, ground penetrating radar, robotic crawler, and other are used in this so that they can valuable utility data. Rising awareness about the safety of underground utilities is the factor fuelling the market growth.
- Increasing concern toward safety of underground utilities will drive the market growth
- Rising demand in maintenance for aging infrastructure will propel market growth
- Growing government initiative for implementation of utility mapping tool will also act as a driver for this market
- Lack of skilled and trained professional will restrain market
- High maintenance cost will also hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Underground Utility Mapping Market
- Technological Solutions
By Technological Solution
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Ground Penetrating Radar
- Professional Services
- Surveying and Mapping
- Training and Education
- Managed Services
- Oil and Gas
- Government and Public Safety
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, Hexagon AB announced the launch of their Leica DSX which is portable ground penetrating radar solutions designed for underground utility detection. It has the ability to simplify data capture and will also help the user to detect the underground utilities safely. The main aim of the launch is to help the user to locate the underground map easily and faster
- In May 2019, IDS GeoRadar announced the launch of their new Opera Duo along with camera so that they can provide advanced integrated solution for Utility Detection surveys. It can also be installed in ground penetrating radar so that it can digitalize the utility detection process. The main aim of the launch is to reduce additional time, allow post analysis and join surface data with detection
Competitive Analysis: Global Underground Utility Mapping Market
Global underground utility mapping market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of underground utility mapping market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global underground utility mapping market are Sensors & Software Inc., Vivax-Metrotech Corp, Enviroscan, MultiView, Inc.Guideline Geo, Ground Penetrating Radar Systems, LLC, Plowman Craven Limited, GSSI Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc, PROSTAR GEOCORP, Technics Group, Parsan., GEOTEC SURVEYS – UNDERGROUND MAPPING, geocarte.in, Maverick Inspection Ltd., Cardno, IDS GeoRadar – Part of Hexagon, SECON Private Limited, , Stanlay, GeoModel, Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Underground Utility Mapping Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved