Global Vascular Grafts and Peripheral Stents Market By Product Type (Vascular Graft, Peripheral Stent), Vascular Graft Raw Material Source (Synthetic, Biosynthetic, Biological), Vascular Graft Indication (Endovascular Aneurysm Repair, Peripheral Vascular Repair, Hemodialysis Access), Peripheral Stent Artery Type (Carotid Artery, Fem-Pop Artery, Iliac Artery, Infrapop Artery), Vascular Graft Application (Coronary Artery Disease, Vascular Occlusion, Aneurysm, Renal Failure, Others), End-Users (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Vascular Grafts and Peripheral Stents Market
Global Vascular Grafts and Peripheral Stents Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 3.14 billion to an estimated value of USD 5.14 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 6.34% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growth in preference and adoption of minimally invasive surgical procedures.
Global peripheral stents market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 2.39 billion to an estimated value of USD 3.94 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 6.45% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the development and commercialization of technologically advanced products globally.
Market Definition: Global Vascular Grafts and Peripheral Stents Market
Vascular grafts are medical devices that are used in the bypass surgery performed on patients to redirect the blood flow from one specific area to other area. These grafts act as a substitute for the abnormal artery in patients so that normal blood flow can be resumed.
Peripheral stents are medical devices that are inserted inside a blocked artery, so that these arteries can be expanded and can resume the normal flow of the blood. These stents expand upon insertion, thereby resulting in expansion of blocked arteries and removal of any blockages.
- Increasing prevalence of geriatric population globally resulting in higher incidences of vascular disorders and diseases; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing prevalence of diabetes, obesity in patients resulting in higher incidences of peripheral vascular diseases; this factor is expected to drive the market growth
- Presence of strict regulations, resulting in product recalls of peripheral stents from major players is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- High levels of cost associated with treatment of vascular disorders along with the complexities in treatment and usage of prosthetic grafts; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Vascular Grafts and Peripheral Stents Market
By Product Type
- Vascular Graft
- Endovascular Stent Graft
- AAA (Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm)
- TAA (Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm)
- Peripheral Vascular Graft
- Hemodialysis Access Graft
- By pass Graft
- Endovascular Stent Graft
- Peripheral Stent
- Covered Stents
- Drug Eluting Stents
- Bare Metal Stents
- Balloon Expanding Stents
- Self-Expanding Stents
By Vascular Graft Raw Material Source
- ePTFE & PTFE (Expanded- Polytetrafluoroethylene & Polytetrafluoroethylene)
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Ovine Collagen with Polyester
- Bovine Vein
- Saphenous Vein & Umbilical Veins
- Tissue Engineered Materials
By Vascular Graft Indication
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Peripheral Vascular Repair
- Hemodialysis Access
By Peripheral Stent Artery Type
- Carotid Artery
- Fem-Pop Artery
- Iliac Artery
- Infrapop Artery
By Vascular Graft Application
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Vascular Occlusion
- Renal Failure
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, LeMaitre Vascular, Inc. announced that they had acquired Cardial, a subsidiary of BD based in Saint Etienne, France, whose product portfolio includes knitted and woven vascular grafts, valvulotomes and surgical glue. The deal was concluded for 2 million Euros. This acquisition is expected to increase the product offerings of LeMaitre and provide enhanced geographical share in the region.
- In August 2018, Boston Scientific Corporation announced that they had agreed to acquire Veniti for an approximate USD 160 million. This deal includes the unique stent system developed by Veniti termed as “Vici” and the additional milestone payments from the total deal value depends on their approval for this product from the US FDA.
- In July 2018, Terumo Corporation announced that they had agreed to acquire Essen Technology Co., Ltd. This acquisition will provide Terumo in providing their customers with coronary stents in the market and will also enable them to expand their geographical presence globally.
- In April 2017, Terumo Corporation announced that they had completed the acquisition of Bolton Medical, Inc. for approximately USD 174 million. Bolton has been incorporated into Terumo’s Vascular Graft operations, and with this acquisition Terumo’s stent graft business operations will be further enhanced and their presence in the US market will be strengthened.
Competitive Analysis: Global Vascular Grafts and Peripheral Stents Market
Global vascular grafts and peripheral stents market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of vascular grafts and peripheral stents market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Vascular Grafts and Peripheral Stents Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the vascular grafts and peripheral stents market are Cook; BD; Terumo Corporation; Medtronic; W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.; Getinge AB; LeMaitre Vascular, Inc.; Cardinal Health; B. Braun Melsungen AG; Biotronik; MicroPort Scientific Corporation; Abbott; Translumina Therapeutics; Boston Scientific Corporation; Heart Medical; Artegraft, Inc.; ENDOLOGIX, INC.; JOTEC GmbH; Cardiatis; Lombard Medical Technologies and VINGMED.
Research Methodology: Global Vascular Grafts and Peripheral Stents Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global vascular grafts and peripheral stents market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)