Global Vision Processing Unit Market, By Application (Drones, Surveillance Cameras, Autonomous Vehicles, Smartphones, Wearable Devices, Domestic & Commercial Robots), By Vertical (Consumer, Industrial, Automotive), By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Vision Processing Unit Market
The Global Vision Processing Unit Market is expected to reach USD 1527.82 Million by 2025, from USD 102.0 Million in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 40.26% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Vision Processing Unit Market
Vision processing unit is defined as the microprocessor which intends to accelerate machine vision with artificial intelligence technologies. Vision processing unit is appropriate for different types of machine vision algorithms namely video processing, image processing and others. It is also used to identify memory of an object, providing programmable use for visualizing the object in all 3 dimensions.
According to the article published by IEEE, autonomous road visual processing is done in three stages namely extracting edges , comparing the extracted edge points with geometric model of the road and then updating the geometric road model. Furthermore algorithm is done at frequency range of 15 Hz.
Companies such as Movidius(U.S) provides Myriad 2 product for vision processing unit. It is used in hardware accelerators to process image signals, eye tracking of image, easy recognition of object in 3D depth , visualize the navigation and others. The benefit of this Myriad 2 product is high performance VPU, power assessment in software profiling and others.
Hence, such companies like Movidius(U.S.) focuses on manufacturing vision processing unit which will serve various purposes to its end users and in turn will affect the growth of this market in future.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increasing demand for high computational capability
- Growing demand for computer vision applications
- Rising adoption of artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies
- High capability of GPUS and CPUS for industrial vision systems
Market Segmentation: Global Vision Processing Unit Market
- The global vision processing unit market is segmented based on application, vertical and geographical segments.
- Based on application, the market is segmented into drones, surveillance cameras, autonomous vehicles, smartphones and wearable devices, domestic & commercial robots
- On the basis of vertical, the market is segmented into consumer, industrial, automotive
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Vision Processing Unit Market
The global vision processing unit market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of vision processing unit market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Vision Processing Unit Market
Some of the major players operating in the global vision processing unit market are MediaTek Inc (Taiwan), Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (US), CEVA Logistics (US), Synopsys, Inc. (US), Movidius (US), Inuitive (Israel), Lattice Semiconductor (US), VeriSilicon Limited (China), and Imagination Technologies Limited. (UK). among others.
Research Methodology: Global Vision Processing Unit Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.