Global Wastewater Treatment Chemicals Market By Type (Coagulant & Flocculant, Biocide & Disinfectants, Softeners, Corrosion & Scale Inhibitor, Defoamer, pH Adjuster, Others), Application (Drinking Water, Boiler Water, Membrane Water, Municipal Water, Cooling Water, Others), End-User (Oil & Gas, Power, Mining, Pulp & Paper, Chemicals & Fertilizer, Pharmaceutical, Municipal, Tannery, Textile, Semiconductors, Food & Beverages, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Wastewater Treatment Chemicals Market
Global wastewater treatment chemicals market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 41.70 billion by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increased applications of these chemicals which has been a result of different functionality available with these chemicals.
Market Definition: Global Wastewater Treatment Chemicals Market
Wastewater treatment chemicals are those compounds or substances that are used to purify or remove the polluted substances from the water bodies disposed of after they’ve been utilized in several industrial verticals. These chemicals alone cannot purify the water bodies/resources they are required to be used through certain methods in equipments and machinery designed for water purification.
- Growing decline in the water resources globally amid a significant rise in the demand for water is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Rising levels of industrialization and urbanization resulting in increased demand for water treatment services because of the significant pollution in the water bodies; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Presence of regulations imposed by the governments of various authorities regarding purification and reuse of water bodies; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Requirement of large costs for the treatment of significant amounts of water quantities disposed from the various end-use industries; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Requirement of large-scale maintenance and human resources for the utilization and effective operation of these chemicals; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Wastewater Treatment Chemicals Market
- Coagulant & Flocculant
- Biocide & Disinfectants
- Corrosion & Scale Inhibitor
- pH Adjuster
- Chelating Agent
- Oxygen Scavengers
- Drinking Water
- Boiler Water
- Membrane Water
- Municipal Water
- Cooling Water
- Oil & Gas
- Pulp & Paper
- Chemicals & Fertilizer
- Food & Beverages
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2019, Kurita Water Industries Ltd. announced that they had agreed to acquire U.S. Water Services, Inc. for USD 270 million approximately. Kurita America Holdings Inc. a subsidiary of Kurita Group will acquire the holding company of U.S. Water Services, Inc. namely “Global Water Services Holding Company, Inc. This acquisition will enable Kurita to expand their regional presence in North America and also expand their solutions portfolio for water treatments.
- In January 2019, Solenis announced that they had completed the merger of BASF SE’s “wet-end Paper and Water Chemicals” business operations. The merged organisation will be able to provide expanded levels of chemicals and solutions in a number of industrial applications. BASF will be owner of 49% share while Solenis will own 51% share. The renewed organisation will include a number of production sites in U.K., U.S.A., Mexico, India, Australia and Ireland.
Global wastewater treatment chemicals market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of wastewater treatment chemicals market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global wastewater treatment chemicals market are Kemira; SUEZ; ION EXCHANGE; Thermax Global; Dorfketal Chemicals (I) Pvt. Ltd.; ShanDong XinTai Water Treatment Technology Co., Ltd.; SNF Group; Chembond Chemicals Limited; VASU Chemicals; Kurita Water Industries Ltd.; Ecolab; Akzo Nobel N.V.; Goldcrest; BWA WATER ADDITIVES; Carus Group Inc.; Hydrite Chemical; Lonza; Dow; Veolia; Buckman; Solenis; Shandong Taihe Water Treatment Technologies Co., Ltd.; Feralco AB and Solvay.
Research Methodology: Global Wastewater Treatment Chemicals Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved