Global Waterborne Coatings Market By Type (Acrylic Coatings, Polyester Coatings, ALKYD Coatings, EPOXY Coatings, Polyurethane Coatings, PTFE Coatings, PVDF Coatings, PVDC Coatings, Others), Application (Architectural, Automotive, General Industrial, Protective, Wood, Marine, Packaging, Coil, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Waterborne Coatings Market
Global waterborne coatings market is set to witness a substantial CAGR of 5.09% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Development in bio- based products and rising government support due to VOC emission are the factors for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Waterborne Coatings Market
Waterborne coatings are a surface treatment which usually uses water as a solvent so that they can spread the resin which is used for the manufacturing of coating or paints. They usually have low VOC content and are mainly used to make the painting and coating easy to apply. It is used in plastic and wood substrates. These coatings has the ability to provide high gloss, provide corrosion protection, have low toxicity & flammability, good pigmentation and provide resistance to heat and abrasion. They are widely used in applications such as automotive, architectural. Packaging, coil, wood and others.
- Rising demand from building and construction industry will drive the market growth
- Increasing adoption of low VOC, eco- friendly and non- hazardous coating will also accelerate the growth of this market
- Growth in automotive industry will also enhance demand of this market
- Rising infrastructure activities worldwide will also contribute as a factor for the growth of this market
- Availability of cheaper substitute in the market will restrain the market growth
- Sensitivity of water- borne coating towards humidity will hamper the growth of the market
- Complexity associated with the flow and viscosity control will also hinder the market growth
Segmentation: Global Waterborne Coatings Market
- Acrylic Coatings
- Polyester Coatings
- ALKYD Coatings
- EPOXY Coatings
- Polyurethane Coatings
- PTFE Coatings
- PVDF Coatings
- PVDC Coatings
- General Industrial
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In November 2018, Beckers Group announced the launch of their new waterborne basecoat Beckqua Color which is specially designed for mirror caps, door handles and bumpers. This new coating has excellent solid content and with smooth film surface and good hiding capability it will also improve the appearance
- In October 2017, Axalta Coating Systems announced the addition of Tufcote Hydro 2.1 HG and Tufcote Hydro LV HG waterborne acrylic products to their industrial Tufcote product portfolio. These coatings can be used in the metal, wood and plastic surfaces of the hotels, hospitals, schools, libraries and others. They will also has the ability to provide better adhesion and gloss level
Global waterborne coatings market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of waterborne coatings market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global waterborne coatings market are Akzo Nobel N.V., Arkema, Axalta Coating Systems, BASF SE, Benjamin Moore & Co., Berger Paints India Limited, Hempel Group, Jotun, Kansai Paint Co.,Ltd., KCC CORPORATION, PPG Industries, Inc., The Sherwin-Williams Company, Sika AG, Covestro AG, Dow, Solvay, Silberline Manufacturing Co., Inc., Hexion, The Lubrizol Corporation, Eastman Chemical Company and others.
Research Methodology: Global Waterborne Coatings Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved