Global Western Blotting Market By Product (Instruments, Consumables), Application (Biomedical & Biochemical Research, Disease Diagnostics, Agriculture, Other Applications), End User (Academic & Research Institutes, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Diagnostic Centers, Other End Users), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Western Blotting Market
Global western blotting market is registering a substantial CAGR of 5.70% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the .surging investments in R&D by biotechnical and pharmaceutical companies and growing incidence of hid/aids.
Market Definition: Global Western Blotting Market
Western blotting is a method used specifically for the evaluation of proteins. The western blotting method uses gel electrophoresis to trigger molecular separation. The separated molecules are transmitted to a second matrix at the end of electrophoresis, which commonly contains polyvinylidene difluoride (PVDF) or membrane of nitrocellulose. Then it is blocked with a particular mechanism to avoid any non-specific binding of antibodies to the membrane surface. A suitable substrate is then introduced to the enzyme as a sample was mixed with an enzyme-labeled antibody, which together generates detectable item such as chromogenic precipitate for colorimetric detection on the membrane.
- Increasing demand for personalized medicine is driving the growth of the market
- Increasing research activities and R&D spending by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Introduction of advanced diagnostic technologies is helping in market growth
- High awareness and escalating prevalence of diseases are fueling the market growth
- Cost-effective, quick diagnostic treatment by western blotting processors drives the market growth
- Requires skilled and professional lab technicians to perform this technique
- It needs high optimization of experimental environment like protein isolation, gel concentration etc.
- Emergence of alternative technologies restraints the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Western Blotting Market
- Other Consumables
- Gel Electrophoresis Instruments
- Blotting Systems
- Wet Blotting Systems
- Semi-Dry Blotting Systems
- Chemiluminescent Imagers
- Fluorescent Imagers
- Other Imagers
- Biochemical & Biomedical Research
- Disease Diagnostics
- Other Applications
By End User
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Other End Users
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, Thermo Fisher Scientific had launched iBright 1500 Imaging System Series for western blot and gel imaging. It has various features which enables the scientist to conduct their research effectively are Powerful, Automatic zoom, high-resolution 9.1-megapixel camera, focus and sample rotation and Core fluorescent blot, protein gel chemiluminescent blot, and DNA gel imaging capabilities. This launch had expanded the product portfolio of the company.
- In May 2018, SYGNIS AG had launched 2view. It is a unique method optimized for western blotting. It allows extended detection within the broad range of used western blot application. This product launch had expanded the customer base of the company as well as surged the market share of the company.
Global western blotting market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of western blotting market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global western blotting market are Cell Signaling Technology, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., General Electric Company, Advansta Inc., LI-COR, Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Bio-Techne, Merk KGaA, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, ProteinSimple, Roche Molecular Systems, Inc., Abcam plc., VWR International, LLC., Azure Biosystems, Inc., Cygnus Technologies, KOMABIOTECH, Rockland Immunochemicals Inc., Precision Biosystems, Aviva Systems Biology Corporation, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Western Blotting Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global western blotting market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)