Global Wood Coating Resins Market By Resin Type (Epoxy Resin, Amino Resin, Alkyd Resin, Polyurethane Resin, Unsaturated Polyester Resin, Saturated Polyester Resin, Acrylic Resin, Vinyl Resin, Other Resins), Technology (Solvent-Borne Coatings, Powder Coatings, Waterborne Coatings, High Solids Coatings, Radiation Curable Coatings, Others), Application (Automotive Coatings, Marine & Protective Coatings, Architectural Coatings, General Industrial Coatings, Packaging Coatings, Wood Coatings, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Wood Coating Resins Market
Global Wood Coating Resins was valued at an estimated USD 28.95 billion in 2018, this value is expected to rise to an estimated USD 42.60 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.95% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This projected rise in market value can be factored to the advancements in technology along with the innovations in the product offerings of the product.
Market Definition: Global Wood Coating Resins Market
Coating resins are a type of chemical compounds that are used as an additive in coatings for their chemical properties and characteristics. They increase the aesthetic appeal of the overall coatings once applied, also help in enhancing the overall characteristics of the whole product such as scratch resistance, overall life of the coatings on the substrate.
- Increase in demand for environmental friendly, efficient coatings from the various end-use industries
- Fluctuating and vulnerable raw material prices used in the production is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Global Coating Resins Market Segmentation:
- By Resin Type
- Epoxy Resin
- Amino Resin
- Alkyd Resin
- Polyurethane Resin
- Unsaturated Polyester Resin
- Saturated Polyester Resin
- Acrylic Resin
- Vinyl Resin
- Other Resins
- By Technology
- Solvent-Borne Coatings
- Powder Coatings
- Waterborne Coatings
- High Solids Coatings
- Radiation Curable Coatings
- By Application
- Automotive Coatings
- Marine & Protective Coatings
- Architectural Coatings
- General Industrial Coatings
- Packaging Coatings
- Wood Coatings
- Graphic Arts
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2017, Polynt and Reichhold announced the combination of both the companies, resulting in a specialised company for various kinds of coatings, and special materials. The combination of both the companies is expected to form a global leader in the coatings market, due to their established infrastructures and capabilities.
- In October 2016, Arkema announced that they are planning to build a production facility for polyester powder coatings situated in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. The facility will include a manufacturing plant and a research laboratory providing all the facilities required to advance the product offerings.
Competitive Analysis: Global Wood Coating Resins Market
Global coating resins market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of coating resins market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Wood Coating Resins Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the coating resins market are DowDuPont; Covestro AG; BASF SE; Evonik Industries AG; Reichhold LLC 2; Arkema; Koninklijke DSM N.V.; ALLNEX NETHERLANDS B.V.; Huntsman International LLC; The Sherwin-Williams Company; Qualipoly Chemical Corp.; Jiangsu sanmu group Co,Ltd.; Arakawa Chemical Industries,Ltd.; Alberdingk Boley; The Nippon Synthetic Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.; Eternal Materials Co.,Ltd.; CBC Co.,Ltd.; Perstorp Orgnr; Wanhua Chemical Group Co.,Ltd.; DIC CORPORATION and Wacker Chemie AG.
Research Methodology: Global Wood Coating Resins Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMRResearch team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved