Global Wound Contact Layer Dressings Market By Coating Material Type (Silver, DACC, Chlorhexidine, Honey, Others), Application (Surgical Wounds, Diabetic Ulcers, Burns, Pressure Ulcers, Venous Ulcers, Others), End-User (Hospitals, Wound Care Centers, Ambulatory Centers, Home Healthcare, Clinics, Community Healthcare), Distribution Channel (Direct Tenders, Retail), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Wound Contact Layer Dressings Market
Global Wound Contact Layer Dressings Market is expected grow significantly during the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the increasing number of road accidents and growing incidences of burn cases.
Market Definition: Global Wound Contact Layer Dressings Market
Contact layer dressing is a thin and non-adherent sheet which is placed usually on an open wound bed for protecting the direct contact of tissue with the other dressings or agents applied on the wound. They can be used as a primary dressing by applying directly on the wound and then if required can be enclosed with a secondary dressing for further absorption.
- Rising volume of surgeries is a major factor leading to industry growth
- Growing occurrence of chronic wounds including diabetic foot ulcer, venous ulcer & pressure ulcer and increasing prevalence of diabetes will act as a major market driver
- Availability of different substitutes for wound dressing market is acting as a major restraint for the market
Segmentation: Global Wound Contact Layer Dressings Market
- By Coating Material Type
- By Application
- Surgical Wounds
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Venous Ulcers
- By End User
- Wound Care Centers
- Ambulatory Centers
- Home Healthcare
- Community Healthcare
- By Distribution Channel
- Direct Tenders
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2018, Hollister Incorporated announced the opening of a new distribution center in Netherlands. This strategy will help the company to enhance its customer base and expand its business.
- In February 2018, HARTMANN Limited expanded its product portfolio by including a new antimicrobial option named Proximel Ag with its Proximel line of silicone foam dressings.
The global wound contact layer dressings market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of wound contact layer dressings market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the wound contact layer dressings market are 3M, KCI Licensing Inc., Hollister Incorporated, Elkem Silicones, Cardinal Health, Advanced Medical Solutions Limited, Finesse Medical Ltd., Avery Dennison Corporation, Medline Industries, Inc., HARTMANN Limited, BSN medical, Smith & Nephew, Molnlycke Health Care AB, Convatec Group PLC, Kestrel Health Information Inc., Advancis Medical UK, Noble Biomaterials, Inc., Alliqua, Derma Sciences, Inc., Lohmann & Rauscher and Integra LifeSciences.
Research Methodology: Global Wound Contact Layer Dressings Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Healthcare IT Solution Providers, Healthcare IT Vendors, Healthcare IT Service Providers, Hospitals and Physician Offices, Diagnostic Laboratories, Healthcare Payers, Government Institutes, Market Research and Consulting Firms, Venture Capitalists and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global wound contact layer dressings market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)