Middle East and Africa At-Home Testing Kits Market, By Test Type (Pregnancy Test, HIV Test Kit, Diabetes, Infectious Diseases, Glucose Tests, Ovulation Predictor Test Kit, Drug Abuse Test Kit and Other Test Types), Type (Cassette, Strip, Midstream, Test Panel, Dip Card and Other Form Types), Age (Pediatric, Adult and Geriatric), Sample Type (Urine, Blood, Saliva and Other Sample Types), Usage (Disposable and Reusable), Distribution Channels (Retail Pharmacies, Drug Store, Supermarket/Hypermarket and Online Pharmacies), Country (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Israel, Egypt and Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
At-home testing kits market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 3.7% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 339.62 million by 2028. Increasing use of latest technologies to make self-tests more accurate and reliable is augmenting the market growth.
At-home testing kits means testing instruments which help person to perform tests at home and give them rapid results in a minute. It also includes health monitoring equipment to continuously check and control the health of the diabetic patient. At-home tests are very convenient to perform with comfort at home and are available at very affordable rate.
Self-tests are usually the advance versions of rapid, point-of-care test kits that were originally designed for healthcare professionals and can be performed by common person. Their processes, packaging and instructions have been simplified so as to guide the person through the steps of taking a test. Various at-home test kits are available including HIV tests, pregnancy test, diabetes, ovulation test, infectious diseases such as malaria, COVID-19 and others. For performing these rapid at-home tests, blood, urine and oral fluid can be taken as a sample.
Middle East and African countries are adopting self-testing kits due to increases awareness towards health and early diagnosis for HIV, COVID-19 and other infectious diseases is further augmenting the growth of the market.
This at-home testing kits market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The at-home testing kits market is segmented into six notable segments which are based on the test type, type, age, sample type, usage and distribution channels. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of test type, the at-home testing kits market is segmented into pregnancy test, HIV test kit, diabetes, infectious diseases, glucose tests, ovulation predictor test kit, drug abuse test kit and other test types. In 2021, glucose tests segment augment the at-home testing kits market with the largest market share followed by the infectious diseases segment owing to the upsurge in the adoption rate by the diabetes patient the most. Moreover, rise in the health consciousness amongst people to remain fit in the pandemic situation also led to the rise in the at-home testing kits market growth.
- On the basis of type, the at-home testing kits market is segmented into cassette, strip, midstream, test panel, dip card and other form types. In 2021, cassette segment dominates the overall at-home testing kits market due to the increase in the usage of such self-testing kits by varied customers in different test types such as HIV, pregnancy test and others owing to its simpler operation, ease of use and low cost.
- On the basis of age, the at-home testing kits market is segmented into pediatric, adult and geriatric. In 2021, adult segment holds the maximum at-home testing kits market share due to the increase in the various incidences such as HIV, diabetes, drug abuse, pregnancy amongst adults which has led to enhance the acceptance of self-testing kits at home.
- On the basis of sample type, the at-home testing kits market is segmented into urine, blood, saliva and other sample types. In 2021, urine segment dominates the at-home testing kits market with the largest market share as most of the self-test kits are based on urine sample which give faster results majorly in pregnancy, ovulation and others.
- On the basis of usage, the at-home testing kits market is segmented into disposable and reusable. In 2021, disposable segment augments the at-home testing kits market with maximum market share owing to the increase in the presence of such kits due its one time use properties and several environmental factors associated with it.
- On the basis of distribution channels, the at-home testing kits market is segmented into retail pharmacies, drug store, supermarket/hypermarket and online pharmacies. In 2021, retail pharmacies segment holds the strong at-home testing kits market share due to the customers’ convenience and ease of the availability of self-testing kits at such place. However, online pharmacies segment will grow with the highest CAGR owing to the change in the preference of buying activity amongst customers mainly at the pandemic situation.
At-Home Testing Kits Market Country Level Analysis
At-home testing kits market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, test type, type, age, sample type, usage and distribution channels.
The countries covered in the Middle East and Africa flexible sensor market are South Africa, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Israel, Egypt and Rest of Middle East and Africa.
South Africa accounted for the largest market share due to the increased awareness of people towards importance of HIV, diabetes, drug abuse and other infectious diseases is increasing the demand of at-home testing kits services.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export analysis are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increased Awareness towards Health
At-home testing kits market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for at-home testing kits, impact of technology using life line curves and changes regulatory scenarios and their impact on the at-home testing kits market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and at-home testing kits Market Share Analysis
At-home testing kits market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to at-home testing kits market.
The major players covered in the report are Abbott, BD, Cardinal Health, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Piramal Enterprises Ltd., Siemens Healthcare GmbH, Bionime Corporation, SA Scientific, ARKRAY USA, Inc., Nova Biomedical, Eurofins Viracor, Inc., Atlas Medical UK, TaiDoc Technology Corporation, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Atomo Diagnostics, RUNBIO BIOTECH CO.,LTD, Sterilab Services, Mylan N.V. (A Subsidiary of Viatris Inc), MP BIOMEDICALS, VedaLab, Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG among others players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of at-home testing kits market.
- In October 2020, Eurofins Scientific announced that Clinical Enterprise Inc. has received an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for their at Home COVID-19 Nasal PCR Test. The EUA authorized self-collection kit gives consumers a minimally invasive, convenient and quick option to test from the comfort of their home. Results are provided via email within 24 hours of sample receipt.
Partnership, geographical expansion and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for at-home testing kits through expanded product range.
Customization Available: Middle East and Africa At-Home Testing Kits Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.