Middle East and Africa Cold Sore Treatment Market, By Strain Type (Herpes Simplex Type-1 Virus, Herpes Simplex Type-2 Virus), Therapeutics Type (Antiviral Agents, Analgesic Agents, Others), Drug Type (Branded and Generics), Dosage Type (Oral, Topical and Others), End User (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), Country (Saudi Arabia, South Africa, UAE, Israel, Kuwait, Egypt, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The cold sore treatment market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 5.1% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 34.54 million by 2028. The rising prevalence of herpes simplex virus (HSV) and proliferation in modes of transmission of HSV are the major drivers which has propelled the demand of the cold sore treatment market in the forecast period.
Cold sores or oral herpes are small blisters kind abrasions that occur due to the infection caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). Cold sores generally occur on the face, around the lips, chin, cheeks and nostrils. They generally cause pain and itching before they burst. HSV is one of the most common viruses found to affect the population and it is endemic throughout the world. Up to 90% of people around the world have at least one form of HSV.
The rising awareness programs regarding sexually transmitted diseases acts as driver for the cold sore treatment market. The lack of awareness about the disease would lead to rapid spread of the disease and hence prevention would be difficult. It would result in delay in drug distribution and this factor would hamper the cold sore treatment market growth. The rising disposable income acts as an opportunity for the growth of the cold sore treatment market. The rise in resistance towards acyclovir would result in exploitation of novel drugs being developed for antiviral therapy, this factor will pose as a challenge in the cold sore treatment market.
The cold sore treatment market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the cold sore treatment market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The cold sore treatment market is segmented into six notable segments which are based on the strain type, therapeutics type, drug type, dosage type, end user, distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of strain type, the cold sore treatment market is segmented into herpes simplex type-1 virus (HSV) and herpes simplex type-2 virus (HSV). In 2021, herpes simplex type-1 virus (HSV) segment is dominating due to its rapidly increasing prevalence worldwide.
- On the basis by therapeutics, the cold sore treatment market is segmented into antiviral agents, analgesic agents and others. In 2021, antiviral agents segment is expected to dominate due to the increased count of infectious diseases caused by herpes simplex virus and enhanced product pipeline in antiviral agents.
- On the basis of drug type, the cold sore treatment market is segmented into branded and generics. In 2021, generics segment is dominating because it’s less expensive as compared to branded drugs and due to the economical nature and increased usage for the treatment of cold sores.
- On the basis of dosage type, the cold sore treatment market is segmented into oral, topical and others. In 2021, oral segment is expected to dominate because of its ease of absorption and flexibility to accommodate various types of drugs.
- On the basis of end user, the cold sore treatment market is segmented into hospitals, homecare, specialty clinics and others. In 2021, homecare segment is dominating due to the ease in treatment at home and easy availability of drugs.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the cold sore treatment market is segmented into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy and online pharmacy. In 2021, hospital pharmacy segment is expected to dominate due to the rise in access to cold sore medications and surge in number of prescriptions of cold sore medications on a daily basis.
Cold Sore Treatment Market Country Level Analysis
The cold sore treatment market is analysed and market size information is based on the country, strain type, therapeutics type, drug type, dosage type, end user, distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in Middle East and Africa cold sore treatment market report are the Saudi Arabia, South Africa, UAE, Israel, Kuwait, Egypt, Rest of Middle East and Africa.
South Africa is expected to dominate the cold sore treatment market because of increasing demand for cold sore treatment due to rapidly rising patient population and advancements in technology.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Middle East and Africa brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Initiatives by Manufacturers is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Cold Sore Treatment Market
The cold sore treatment market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in aesthetic industry with cold sore treatment sales, impact of advancement in the cold sore treatment and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the cold sore treatment market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Cold Sore Treatment Market Share Analysis
The cold sore treatment market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to cold sore treatment market.
The major companies providing cold sore treatment are GlaxoSmithKline plc, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Glenmark Pharmaceutical Inc., U.S.A. (a subsidiary of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.), AiCuris, Ortho dermatologics’ (a division of Bausch Health Companies Inc.), Aurobindo Pharma U.S.A. (a subsidiary of Aurobindo Pharma), WOCKHARDT, Novartis AG, Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Hetero Healthcare Limited, Apotex Inc., Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the cold sore treatment market.
- In December 2020, GlaxoSmithKline plc and Sanofi Inc. had declared the delay in the adjuvant recombinant protein based COVID-19 vaccine programme to enhance immune response in the elderly population. This initiative by both the companies would result in delay of the cold sore treatment products, less revenue and less growth in the market.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company market in the cold sore treatment market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for cold sore treatment.
Customization Available: Middle East and Africa Cold Sore Treatment Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.