Middle East and Africa Drug Delivery Market, By Product Type (Oral Drug Delivery, Pulmonary Drug Delivery, Injectable Drug Delivery, Opthalmic Drug Delivery, Nasal Drug Delivery, Topical Drug Delivery, Implantable Drug Delivery, Transmucosal Drug Delivery), End User (Hospitals, Community Healthcare, Home Healthcare, Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Pharmacy Stores, Direct Tenders, Online Pharmacy), Country (South Africa and Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: Middle East and Africa Drug Delivery Market
Drug delivery market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 8.3% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 36.37 billion by 2027. Rising acceptance of self-administering drugs and increasing awareness about diagnosis and treatment around the globe is a driving factor for the market growth.
The process of introducing a therapeutic effect in the body of human by administering a drug at a specific targeted site is known as drug delivery. By controlling the rate, time and release of drug in the body, the safety and efficacy of drug can be improved. There can be many ways of delivering drugs like, oral, injectable, pulmonary, nasal and others. The drug delivery systems are made advanced by studying and exploiting the properties of nanoparticles, which have made the process of drug delivery more efficient and time saving.
Drug delivery market has increased with rising acceptance of self-administering drugs and increasing awareness about diagnosis and treatment in the developed as well as developing countries. For instance, by 2018 out of top one hundred drugs the sales from biological medicines is projected to account for 49% and also spending on biologics in the United States was seen to be USD 120.10 billion in 2017, which is a 12.5% increase over 2016.
Rising prevalence of chronic and non-chronic disease has increased the market for drug delivery devices as the numbers of people that are being treated are more and also the latest technological development has led to the treatment of very rare and impossible to treat diseases, therefore more people will be attracted towards them. Currently, rising demand for biosimilars and generic drugs has created an opportunities in the drug delivery market. However, risk of needle-stick injuries and side effects related to them like bacterial infection is estimated to restraint the market growth as people are getting more aware of the occupational diseases and the side effects of them hence it is a difficulty for drug delivery devices manufacturers and researchers.
This Drug Delivery Market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Middle East and Africa Drug Delivery Market Scope and Market Size
Drug delivery market is segmented on the basis of product type, end user, and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into oral drug delivery, pulmonary drug delivery, injectable drug delivery, opthalmic drug delivery, nasal drug delivery, topical drug delivery, implantable drug delivery and transmucosal drug delivery. In 2020, oral drug delivery segment is expected to dominate the market due to the high reception of oral drug delivery route of administration by the patients as it is one of the humblest, convenient, and harmless routes for drug administration.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, community healthcare, home healthcare, clinics and others. In 2020, hospitals segment is expected to dominate the market as hospitals are the first contact points for various types of treatments and surgical procedures, also the needs of all the in-house patients are catered.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into hospital pharmacies, pharmacy stores, direct tenders and online pharmacy. In 2020, direct tenders segment is expected to dominate the market as cost benefits are provided to end users by direct tenders as compared to retail sales as well as direct tenders right away supply drug delivery devices from manufacturer to hospitals, dermatological clinics and others.
Drug Delivery Market Country Level Analysis
Drug delivery market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, product type, end user, and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in drug delivery market report are South Africa and Rest of Middle East & Africa. South Africa is leading in the Middle East and Africa as there is an increasing awareness about the diagnosis and treatment amongst the people.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Fractional Drug Delivery
Drug delivery market report also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in Drug delivery and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Drug delivery market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Drug Delivery Market Share Analysis
Drug delivery market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Middle East and Africa drug delivery market.
The major players covered in the report are Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Novartis AG, F. Hoffmann-la Roche Ltd, Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc., 3M, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Merck sharp & Dohme corp. (a subsidiary of Merck & co., Inc.), Nemera and Sanofi among other domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of drug delivery market.
- In January 2020, Bayer AG completed the submission of application for the U.S. approval of nifurtimox, which is a drug to treat pediatric patients with Chagas disease. This will mend the condition of children that are having this disease and also it will profit the company as it is a novel formulation for children and revenue generation will be increased for the organization.
- In December 2019, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd accomplished the acquisition of Spark Therapeutics, Inc. Spark is an organization which is dedicated to investigational gene therapy. This will open new opportunities for Roche and also will lead to more revenues.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for drug delivery through expanded range of size.
Customization Available : Middle East and Africa Drug Delivery Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.