Middle East and Africa Food Certification Market, By Risk (High-Risk Foods And Low-Risk Foods), Type (Iso 22000, BRC, SQF, IFS, HALAL, KOSHER, Free-From Certifications, Haccp, Vegan and Others), Application (Bakery Products, Confectionary Products, Baby Foods, Meat & Poultry Products, Convenience Food, Nuts & Dried Fruits, Milk & Dairy Products, Tobacco, Honey, Tea & Coffee, Cereals, Grains & Pulses, Herbs & Spices and Others), Category (Organic Food Certification And Sustainable Food Certification), End User (Growers, Manufacturers, Retailers, Food Service Organizations and Others) Country (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Egypt, and Rest of Middle East & Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
Middle East and Africa food certification market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 6.6% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 752.99 Million by 2028. Growing demand for food certification in various industries is driving the growth for the Middle East and Africa food certification market.
Food certifications are the certificates provided to food manufacturers, growers, retailers and others and it shows that the food has fulfilled all the food safety process and the food is safe for consumption. Different governmental accreted bodies are involved in providing food certification for different purposes. The food certification is of different types such as BRC, halal, SQF, vegan, organic, gluten-free and others. FSSAI, WHO and others are the governmental bodies which inspect the food products and after ensuring the risk of food and if it’s safe to consume, then only governmental body will provide certification for particular products. The food products should meet all the criteria for regulations which are laid down by the governmental body in order to get food certification.
Consumers are getting more inclined towards clean-label and organic food which is increasing the demand for food certifications and thus increasing the growth of the global food certification market. Moreover, rising consumer awareness regarding food safety, stringent food certification and standards, and a rising number of government initiatives to ensure food safety are expected to propel the market growth in the forecast period.
However, the high cost of food certification which makes it hard to afford for small farmers along with lack of technical expertise among small enterprises and lack of uniform food safety standards may hamper the growth of the market.
This food certification market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the food certification market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Middle East and Africa food certification market is segmented into five notable segments which are based on the basis of risk, type, application, category, and end user.
- On the basis of risk, the Middle East and Africa food certification market is segmented into high-risk foods and low-risk foods. In 2021, the high-risk foods segment is expected to dominate the food certification market due to the increasing consumer demand for food certification owing to the high risk associated with the food which can cause various diseases.
- On the basis of type, the Middle East and Africa food certification market is segmented into ISO 22000, BRC, SQF, IFS, HALAL, KOSHER, free-from certifications, HACCP, vegan and others. In 2021, the ISO 22000 segment is expected to dominate the food certification market due to increasing demand for safety food products in Middle East and Africa region.
- On the basis of application, the Middle East and Africa food certification market is segmented into bakery products, confectionary products, baby foods, meat & poultry products, convenience food, nuts & dried fruits, milk & dairy products, tobacco, honey, tea & coffee, cereals, grains & pulses, herbs & spices and others. In 2021, the confectionary products segment is expected to dominate the food certification market due to high demand of clean based confectionary products.
- On the basis of category, the Middle East and Africa food certification market is segmented into organic food certification and sustainable food certification. In 2021, the sustainable food certification segment is expected to dominate the food certification market due to increase in sustainable service providers in region which ensures the safety of the environment.
- On the basis of end user, the Middle East and Africa food certification market is segmented into growers, manufacturers, retailers, food service organizations and others. In 2021, the manufacturers segment is expected to dominate the food certification market due to stringent regulations laid by the governmental bodies on various food products.
Food Certification Market Country Level Analysis
Food certification market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, risk, type, category, application and end user as referenced above.
The countries covered in the Middle East and Africa food certification market report are the South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Egypt, and Rest of Middle East & Africa.
- In Middle East and Africa food certification market, South Africa is expected to grow with the highest share in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 because of the increasing awareness of food safety in the region is propelling the growth of food certification market.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growth in the Food Certification Industry
The food certification market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for food certification market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in infant formula regulatory scenarios and their impact on the food certification market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Food Certification Market Share Analysis
Food certification market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Middle East and Africa presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to food certification market.
Some of the major players operating in the Middle East and Africa food certification market are GFSI, UL LLC, SCS Global Services, Lloyd's Register Group Services Limited, Eagle Certification Group, GROUPE ECOCERT, NSF International, Bureau Veritas, SGS SA, Intertek Group Plc, TÜV NORD GROUP, DNV GL, DEKRA, Mérieux NutriSciences, Eurofins Scientific, ALS Limited, Control Union Certifications and Germany gmbh among others domestic and Middle East and Africa players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of food certification market.
- In May 2021, GROUPE ECOCERT participated in virtual Sustainable Food Submits organized by Ecovia Intelligence to address issue in sustainability and eco-labels in the food industry.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for food certification through expanded range of size.