Middle East and Africa Heparin Market By Product Type (Unfractionated Heparin, Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH), Ultra-Low Molecular Weight Heparin (ULMWH), Mode of Administration (Oral Administration, Parenteral Administration), Source (Bovine, Porcine), Ingredients(Sodium, Calcium, Others), Availability (Raw, Processed), Treatment (Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism, Arterial Thromboembolism, Others), Application (Pre-Surgical Procedures, Post-Surgical Procedures, Kidney Dialysis, Diagnostic Tests, Others), Therapeutics (Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Oncology, Nephrology, CNS, Others), Strength (10 Unit, 100 Unit, 1000 Unit, 5000 Unit, 10000 Unit, 25000 Unit, Others), Type (Generics, Brands), Container (Bottles, Bags, Vials, Others), Packaging (Glass, Plastic), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Homecare, Ambulatory Surgical Centres, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy & Drug Store, Online Pharmacy, Others), Country (South Africa, rest of Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Heparin is medication is used to prevent and treat blood clots. It is used to treat blood clotting disorders. It is also used to prevent blood clots after surgery, during blood transfusions, dialysis, and blood samples. It helps in smooth blood flowing by releasing anti-clotting protein. It is known as an anticoagulant. It is also used in diagnose and treatment of disseminated intravascular coagulation, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, and arterial thromboembolism. It cannot dissolve blood clots but only prevent the clots from becoming larger and causing more serious problems. Heparin is an animal-derived product, derived from mucosal tissues of slaughtered meat animals.
Heparin is used for Diagnosis of heart attacks and unstable angina, Inhibition of cancer, metabolic disorders and hepatitis, as an anti-inflammatory drug in injuries as Anti-Coagulants in blood sampling.
Middle East and Africa heparin market is projected to register a steady CAGR in the forecast period 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Middle East and Africa Heparin Market
Middle East and Africa Heparin market is segmented into fourteen notable segments which are product type, mode of administration, source, ingredients, availability, treatment, application, therapeutics, strength, brands, Type, container, packaging, end user, distribution channel.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into unfractionated heparin, low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) and ultra-low molecular weight heparin (ULMWH)
- On the basis of mode of administration, the market is segmented into oral administration and parenteral administration
- On the basis of source, the market is segmented into bovine and porcine
- On the basis of ingredients, the market is segmented into sodium and calcium and others
- On the basis of availability, the market is segmented into raw, and processed
- On the basis of treatment, the market is segmented into deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, arterial thromboembolism and others
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into pre-surgical procedures, post-surgical procedures, kidney dialysis, diagnostic tests and others
- On the basis of therapeutics, the market is segmented into cardiovascular, respiratory, oncology, nephrology, CNS and others
- On the basis of strength, the market is segmented into 10 unit, 100 unit, 1000 unit, 5000 unit, 10000 unit, 25000 unit and others
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into generics and brands
- On the basis of container, the market is segmented into bottles, bags, vials and others
- On the basis of packaging, the market is segmented into glass and plastic
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, homecare, ambulatory surgical centers and others
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy & drug store, online pharmacy and others
Competitive Analysis: Middle East and Africa Heparin Market
- Some of the major players operating in this market are Sanofi, Pfizer Inc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd , Mylan N.V., Aspen Holdings, Changzhaou Qianhong Bio-pharma Co., ltd., Eisai Co., Ltd., Fresenius Kabi AG, Hebei Changshan Biochemical Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, LEO Pharma A/S, Nanjing Jianyou Biochemical Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Novartis AG, OPOCRIN S.P.A, SARIA SE & Co. KG, Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co., Ltd, Shenzhen Hepalink Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd., Shenzhen Techdow Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Yino Pharma Limited, and among others.
- In 2019 Aspen Holding (South Africa) has transferred manufactures of Fraxiparine and Mono-embolex vials to Port Elizabeth site. Transfer of Mono-embolex prefilled syringes to its Notre Dame de Bondeville site. The main purpose of this transfer is to enhance the production capacity.
- In April 2018, Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC (Jordan) announced that it has signed a licensing agreement with Laboratorios Farmaceúticos Rovi SA for their enoxaparin biosimilar.
- In 2015 Aspen holding (South Africa) acquired rights of Mono-Embolex from Novartis AG (Switzerland) Mono-Embolexis an injectable anti-coagulant. It is low molecular weight the main focus of this product acquisition is to expand the therapeutic area portfolio.
Research Methodology: Middle East and Africa Heparin Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Researchers, Distributors and Pharmacologist, Industrialists.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.