Middle East & Africa Horticulture Lighting Market, By Offering (Hardware, Software & Services), Deployment (Turnkey, Retrofit), Technology (Fluorescent Lamps, HID Lights, LED Lights, Other), Lighting Type (Toplighting, Interlighting), Cultivation (Fruits & Vegetables, Floriculture), Application (Greenhouses, Vertical Farming, Indoor Farming, Others), Country (Middle East & Africa, South America, Middle East & Africa, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: Middle East and Africa Horticulture Lighting Market
Middle East & Africa horticulture lighting market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 15.2% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 919.51 million by 2027 from USD 296.27 million in 2019. Increasing demand of organic food, accelerates the adoption of farming technologies such as indoor and vertical farming, which drives the market for horticulture lighting in the Middle East & Africa region.
Horticulture lighting allows the cultivation of the plants without any need of daylight through providing them artificial lights for the photosynthesis process in plants. The LED lights are the advanced technology which is used in the horticulture industry as it offers easy installations and low-cost solutions to the customer.
The increasing demand for vertical farming in the Middle East & Africa region has resulted in to surge of horticulture lighting market. Poor weather conditions in the Middle Eastern region hamper the growth of crops, which recognizes the need of indoor farming technology. This need ultimately boosts the demand for horticulture lighting market.
This horticulture lighting market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Middle East & Africa Horticulture Lighting Market Scope and Market Size
Middle East & Africa horticulture lighting market is segmented on the basis offering, deployment, lighting type, cultivation, technology and application. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
Middle East and Africa Horticulture Lighting Market, By Application
- On the basis of offering, the market is segmented into hardware, software, and services. Indoor and vertical farming software has the necessary hardware specification for plant cultivation, such as increasing lamps, shelves among others. This fundamental requirement of hardware for the construction of indoor and vertical farms is the main factor that allows the hardware segment to dominate the Middle East & Africa horticultural lighting market.
- On the basis of deployment, the market is segmented into turnkey solutions and retrofit solutions. The turnkey segment has the largest market share, as it aims to achieve the full crop yield which raises farmers ' yields.
- On the basis of lighting type, the market is segmented into toplighting, interlighting, photoperiodic lighting, supplemental lighting and sole-source lighting. The top-level segment has the largest market share because it serves as an important source of plant growth which allows the plant to prepare its nutrition by artificial method. Top lighting spectrum increases crop's photosynthesis procedure very effectively.
- On the basis of cultivation, the market is segmented into fruits, vegetables and floriculture. Due to increased demand for fresh vegetables are expected to dominate the market, resulting in increased vegetable production. In fact, in indoor farming, these vegetables are easily grown, with less need for water and soil. Thus vegetable segment is dominating the Middle East & Africa market. Vegetables are easily grown in artificial lighting as they need very less amount of water and soil. Thus the adoption of vegetables gives more feasibility in indoor or urban farming. Hence, the vegetable segment dominates the Middle East & Africa region in the forecasted period.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into greenhouses, vertical farming, indoor farming and others. The indoor segment is expected to dominate the demand for horticultural lighting, as the rising lack of arable land for crop production due to the increasing urbanization has increased the development of commercial buildings, which implies that farmers do not have enough land to grow.
Horticulture Lighting Market Country Level Analysis
Middle East & Africa market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, by offering, deployment, technology, lighting type, cultivation and application as referenced above.
The countries covered in the horticulture lighting market report are Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Egypt and Rest of Middle East and Africa.
Middle East & Africa horticulture lighting market is growing due to high demand of nutritious food is expected to grow at the significant growth rate in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027.The market players in the Middle East & Africa horticulture lighting market are taking initiatives to enhance the market. For instance, In May, OSRAM's Fluence introduced horticultural led lighting alternatives for the EMEA (European and Middle East and Africa) industry. These full-spectrum LED lights will substitute traditional lighting and assist growers generate plants of high quality. This will assist OSRAM to expand its client base in both the European and Middle East and Africa (EMEA) markets.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, and regulatory act and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of regional brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Usage of IPM Technology for Crop Protection
Middle East & Africa horticulture lighting market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for horticulture lightings market, impact of technology using life line curves and their impact on the horticulture lighting market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Horticulture Lighting Market Share Analysis
Middle East & Africa horticulture lighting market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Middle East & Africa horticulture lighting market.
The major players covered in the report are Signify Holding, SAMSUNG, Cree, Inc, OSRAM GmbH., among other domestic and regional players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
In August 2019, TE Connectivity launched ELCON Micro Wire-to-Board Solutions which helps to prevent the plugs mating in the wrong way. It can provide current up to 12.5A per pin and is extremely reliable. This product launch helps the company to offer wide range of products to customers which caters the requirement of high current in limited space.
In June 2018, TE Connectivity has launched ELCON Micro Power Connectors which can deliver 12.5A per pin current when used with industry footprint of 3.0mm. These connectors can be useful for switches, servers, testing machines and storage devices. This development helps the company to enhance their product portfolio by providing flexible connectors.
Such product launches enhances the company market share with increased coverage through wide range of product portfolio. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for horticulture lightings through expanded model range