Middle East and Africa Laxative Market, By Type (Osmotic Laxatives, Stimulant Laxatives, Bulk Laxatives and Lubricant and Emollient laxatives), Flavors (With Flavor and Without Flavor), Source (Natural, Synthetic and Others), Indication (Chronic Constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation, Opioid-Induced constipation, Acute constipation and Others), Mode of Purchase (Prescription and Over-the-Counter), Dosage Form (Tablets, Capsules, Powder, Liquid and Gels, Suppositories and Others), Route of Administration (Oral and Rectal), Population Type (Children and Adults), Sales Channel (Hospitals, Elderly Care Centers, Home Healthcare, Pharmacy Stores, Grocery/Health and Beauty Stores and Others), Distribution channel (Direct Sales, Wholesalers and Others), Country (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Kuwait, Israel and Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
Middle East and Africa laxative market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 4.9% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 396.24 million by 2028. High level safety associated with laxative products and rising emphasis on production of laxatives from natural, synthetic and biodegradable materials are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Laxative are the agents which either increase/stimulate bowel movement or loosen stools. They help in accelerate intestinal transit, which speed up the movement of digestive tract to stimulate bowel movement. Itis used for treating constipation, a condition characterized by difficult, infrequent and sometime painful bowel movement. The laxatives are available as Over the Counter (OTC). The four main types of laxative are osmotic laxative, a stimulant laxative, bulk laxative, lubricant, and emollient laxative.
Laxatives comprise features such increasing need for safe and effective product will impact in launching new product by the manufactures into the market which enhance its demand as well as increasing investment in research and development leads to the market growth. Currently various research studies are taking place which is expected to create a competitive advantage for manufacturers to develop new and innovative products which is expected to provide various other opportunities in the laxative market. However, availability of alternative products and fewer efficacies of laxatives for opioid induced constipation are factors expected to restrain the market growth in the forecast period.
Laxative market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an analyst brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Middle East and Africa laxative market is categorized into ten notable segments based on the type, flavors, source, indication, mode of purchase, dosage form, route of administration, population type, sales channel and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the Middle East and Africa laxative market is segmented into osmotic laxative, bulk laxative, stimulant laxative and lubricant and emolloient laxative. In 2021, stimulant laxatives segment is dominating the market because these laxatives function are used to clean out the intestines before a bowel examination/surgery.
- On the basis of flavors, the Middle East and Africa laxative market is segmented into with flavor and without flavor. In 2021, with flavor segment is dominating the market because of its market acceptance and popularity among the consumers.
- On the basis of source, the Middle East and Africa laxative market is segmented into natural, synthetic and others. In 2021, synthetic segment is dominating the market due to increased availability of synthetic laxatives as over-the-counter medications.
- On the basis of indication, the Middle East and Africa laxative market is segmented into chronic constipation, irritable bowel syndrome with constipation, opioid-induced constipation, acute constipation and others. In 2021, chronic constipation segment is dominating the market because easily availability of OTC drugs for constipation.
- On the basis of mode of purchase, the Middle East and Africa laxative market is segmented into prescription and over the counter. In 2021, over-the-counter segment is dominating the market because of lower costs and it allows customization of the medicine as per patients' need.
- On the basis of dosage form, the Middle East and Africa laxative market is segmented into tablets, capsules, powder, liquids & gels, suppositories and others. In 2021, tablets segment is dominating the market as it is the most economical method of drug administration.
- On the basis of route of administration, the Middle East and Africa laxative market is segmented into oral and rectal. In 2021, oral segment is dominating the market as it is the safest, most convenient, and economical method of drug administration.
- On the basis of population type, the Middle East and Africa laxative market is segmented into children and adults. In 2021, adults segment is expected to dominate the Middle East and Africa laxative market due to changes in a regular routine, such as traveling or eating or going to bed at different times.
- On the basis of sales channel, the Middle East and Africa laxative market is segmented into hospitals, elderly care centers, home healthcare, pharmacy stores, grocery / health and beauty stores and others. In 2021, hospitals segment is expected to dominate the Middle East and Africa laxative market as the hospital is a healthcare institution with an organized medical and professional staff. It provides medical, nursing, and other health-related services to patients.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the Middle East and Africa laxative market is segmented into direct sales, whole sales and others. In 2021, direct sales segment is expected to dominate the Middle East and Africa laxative market as it results in direct contact with the seller and enables selling of products directly to the customer.
Laxative Market Country Level Analysis
The laxative market is analyzed and market size information is provided on the basis of type, flavours, source, indication, mode of purchase, dosage form, route of administration, population type, sales channel and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the laxative market report are the Saudi Arabia, South Africa, UAE, Israel, Kuwait, Egypt, and rest of Middle East & Africa.
In Middle East & Africa region, South Africa and Kuwait is expected to grow with the highest growth rate in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 because of rising geriatric population and high beverage consumption causing constipation problems in the region.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Middle East and Africa brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rise in Geriatric Population is Boosting the Market Growth of Laxatives in Middle East and Africa Region
Laxative market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in laxative product industry with laxative drugs sales, impact of advancement in the laxative technology and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the laxative market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Laxative Market Share Analysis
Laxative market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to laxative market.
The major companies which are dealing in Middle East and Africa laxative market are Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Bayer AG, Fresenius Kabi Austria GmbH, Procter & Gamble, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Sanofi Aventis U.S. LLC (a subsidiary of Sanofi), Mallinckrodt, Abbott, Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd, Cipla Inc., Albert David Ltd, Aspen Pharmacare Australia Pty Ltd, and RECORDATI S.p.A among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the laxative market.
- In January 2018, Bayer AG had introduced MiraLAX, the popular drug for constipation. MiraLAX had received the reprieve from the FDA. The FDA states that the drug will be sued for another 6 months. Bayer AG had discontinued distributing the laxative medication, since it had caused side effects such as behavioral problems. Hence, it resulted in loss of net income and negative growth in market.
- In October 2021, Abbott had launched the Duphalac laxative in India. Duphalac Bears in strawberry flavor is a laxative cum food supplement and has met with the FSSAI regulations. It delivers the advantages of a trusted prebiotic and motivates the growth of good bacteria in the digestive system. The product launch would pave an important step in the children’s health improvement. It will result in increased net sales and more product range.
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the laxatives market which also provides the benefit for organization to improve their offering for laxatives.
Customization Available : Middle East and Africa Laxative Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.