Middle East and Africa Radiotherapy Market, By Type (External-Beam Radiation Therapy, Internal Radiation Therapy, Systemic Radiotherapy/ Radiopharmaceuticals, Others), Product (External Beam Radiotherapy, Internal Radiotherapy Products, Radiotherapy Software, Systemic Radiotherapy & Others), Application (Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Lymphoma, Liver Cancer, Thyroid Cancer, Brain Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Spine Cancer, Others), End User (Hospitals, Radiation Therapy Centers, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Retail Sales, Others), Country (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Israel, Kuwait and Rest of the Middle East and Africa), Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029
Market Analysis and Insights: Middle East and Africa Radiotherapy Market
Middle East and Africa radiotherapy market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 4.5% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 220.32 million by 2029 from USD 157.48 million in 2021. The growing prevalence of cancer disease and increasing adoption of radiotherapy devices for the treatment of cancer are the major drivers which are expected to propel the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Radiotherapy treatment is mainly used for the treatment of cancer disease with the usage of X-rays along with similar forms of radiation technology. In radiotherapy treatment, high-energy based radiation rays are used to damage cells causing cancer and stop them from growing and dividing. Radiotherapy treatment has numerous types of benefits to aim accurately and directly locate cancer wherever it might be in the body. The radiotherapy procedure has seen advancements in terms of launching new treatment planning software and advanced features-based therapy modalities, which require highly skilled and certified professionals to easily operate these products and software.
Radiotherapy demand has increased as compared to the precise year with the increasing demand of radiotherapy in along with the increasing prevalence of cancer disease around the world. In addition, the demand for radiotherapy has increased with rising preference for non-surgical procedures for cancer treatment For Instance: According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, radiotherapy cancer treatment has the potential to improve the cure rates by 3.5 million cancer patients, and it also improves palliative relief for an additional 3.5 million cancer patients, which is increasing by more than 14 million new cancer cases each year. However, the high cost of the radiotherapy device and panels may hinder the usage of radiotherapy and is expected to slow down the growth of the radiotherapy market in the forecast period.
Increasing cases of cancers globally and wide applications of radiotherapies are expected to provide an opportunity for the market. On the other hand, stringent government regulations for radioactive products are expected to act as a challenge for medical devices in the radiotherapy market.
The Middle East and Africa radiotherapy market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief. Our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Middle East and Africa Radiotherapy Market Scope and Market Size
Middle East and Africa radiotherapy market is segmented into five notable segments which are based on type, product, application, end user, and distribution channel.
- On the basis of type, the Middle East and Africa radiotherapy market is segmented into external-beam radiation therapy, internal radiation therapy, systemic radiotherapy/radiopharmaceuticals, and others. In 2022, the external-beam radiation therapy segment is expected to dominate in the market due to the high adoption of external-beam radiation therapy for the treatment of breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, colorectal cancer, lymphoma, liver cancer, thyroid cancer, brain cancer, cervical cancer, and spine cancer, among others.
- On the basis of product, the Middle East and Africa radiotherapy market is segmented into external-beam radiation therapy, internal radiotherapy products, radiotherapy software, systemic radiotherapy, others. In 2022, the external beam radiotherapy segment is expected to dominate the market due to the increasing demand for external-beam radiation therapy devices such as LINAC, proton therapy, cyberknife, gamma knife for the treatment of breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, colorectal cancer, lymphoma, liver cancer, thyroid cancer, brain cancer, cervical cancer, and spine cancer, among others.
- On the basis of application, the Middle East and Africa radiotherapy market is segmented into breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, colorectal cancer, lymphoma, liver cancer, thyroid cancer, brain cancer, cervical cancer, spine cancer, and others. In 2022, the breast cancer segment is expected to dominate the market due to the increasing prevalence of breast cancer across the world. Also, breast cancer is the most common cancer in women worldwide. In addition, according to the World Health Organization, in 2019, it is estimated that 168,690 new cases of invasive breast cancer were diagnosed in Africa.
- On the basis of end user, the Middle East and Africa radiotherapy market is segmented into hospitals, radiation therapy centers, specialty clinics, and others. In 2022, the hospitals' segment is expected to dominate the market as the radiotherapy procedure is performed as an outpatient procedure in the hospital that normally takes less than 60 minutes and hospitals are one of the first contact points and the most trustable option for the patients in various countries for the treatment of cancer disease.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the Middle East and Africa radiotherapy market is segmented into direct tender, retail sales, and others. In 2022, the direct tender segment is expected to dominate the market as most hospitals, radiation therapy centers, specialty clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and academic and research organizations prefer direct tender for the benefits of bulk buying, discounts, and ready availability of products.
Middle East and Africa Radiotherapy Market Country Level Analysis
The Middle East and Africa radiotherapy market is analyzed, and market size information is provided by type, product, application, end user, and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the Radiotherapy market report are South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Israel, Kuwait, and the rest of the Middle East and Africa.
South Africa is expected to dominate the Middle East and Africa radiotherapy market due to the presence of a large number of cancer cases.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of the Middle East and Africa brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Initiatives By Manufacturers Is Creating New Opportunities For Players In The Radiotherapy Market
Middle East and Africa radiotherapy market also provide you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in the aesthetic industry with radiotherapy sales, the impact of advancement in radiotherapy, and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Radiotherapy market. The data is available for the historical period 2011 to 2020.
Competitive Landscape and Radiotherapy Market Share Analysis
Middle East and Africa radiotherapy market competitive landscape provide details by a competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to the Middle East and Africa radiotherapy market.
Some of the major players covered in the report are Elekta AB (pub), RaySearch Laboratories, Brainlab, Koninklijke Philips N.V., General Electric Company, Hitachi LTD., SIT - S.I.T. Sordina IORT Technologies S.p.A., Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd., Xoft, a subsidiary of iCAD, Inc., ZEISS International, among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies worldwide, which are also accelerating the Middle East and Africa radiotherapy market.
- In September 2019, Siemens Healthcare GmbH introduced two dedicated CT systems, Somatom go.Sim and Somatom go.Open Pro for the radiation therapy planning. The new system makes radiotherapy planning more accurate. By launching new products, the company has enhanced its product portfolio and generated adequate revenue into the market
- In April 2019, Koninklijke Philips N.V. launched IntelliSpace Radiation Oncology, which is used to accelerate time from patient referral to the start of treatment. The solution is used to manage the complexity, improve efficiency and enable operational excellence in radiotherapy departments. With launching a new product, the company enhanced its product portfolio and generated adequate revenue into the market
Collaboration, joint ventures, and other strategies by the market player are enhancing the company market in the Radiotherapy market, which also provides the benefit for the organization to improve their offering for radiotherapy.