Middle East & Africa Medical Foods for Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market By Products (Amino Acid, Low Protein Food, Glytactin with GMP Amino Acid-Modified Infant Formula with Iron, Low-Calcium/Vitamin D-Free Infant Formula with Iron, Others), Age Group (Infants, Weaning, Adolescent, Adults), Diseases (Phenylketonuria (PKU), Tyrosinemia Types I and II, Maple Syrup Urine Disease (MSUD), Homocystinuria, Glutaric Acidemia Type I, Urea Cycle Disorders, Methylmalonic Acidemia, Isovaleric Acidemia, Organic Acidurias, Renal Disease, Propionic Acidemia, Disorders of Leucine Metabolism, Others), Form (Powder, Liquids, Others), Packaging (Can, Packets, Bottle, Jar, Others), Distribution Channel (Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, Drugs Stores, Online Pharmacies, Others), Country (South Africa, U.A.E, Qatar, Oman, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: Middle East and Africa Medical Foods for Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market
Middle East & Africa medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market are expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 6.2% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 143.64 million by 2027. Increasing incidence of IEM and high disposable income in is helping the market to grow in the forecast period.
Inborn errors of metabolism are congenital disease which is recognized by deficiencies in vital enzymes that are needed to facilitate normal metabolism. Number of diseases have been confirmed and comes in this categories are phenylketonuria (PKU), maple syrup urine disease, homocystinuria, and methylmalonic academia among others. Mainly amino-acid based medical foods are being produced by manufacturers and they are helpful for the treatment of such diseases. Increasing cases of IEM has increased the demand of medical foods and hence revenue generation has increased.
This Medical Foods For Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Middle East & Africa Medical Foods for Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market Scope and Market Size
Medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market is segmented into six notable segments which are bifurcated on the basis of products, age group, diseases, form, packaging and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of products, the market is segmented into amino acid, low protein food, glytactin with GMP amino acid-modified infant formula with iron, low-calcium/vitamin D-free infant formula with iron and others. In 2020, amino acid segment is dominating the market as it improves the metabolic activity of patient suffering from inborn errors of metabolism. Amino acids are main source of protein and recommended by the doctors as well.
- On the basis of age group, the market is segmented into infants, weaning, adolescent and adults. In 2020, infants segment is dominating the market as prevalence of diseases related to IEM is more in infants or in new born.
- On the basis of diseases, the market is segmented into phenylketonuria (PKU), maple syrup urine disease (MSUD), homocystinuria, methylmalonic acidemia, organic acidurias, propionic acidemia, isovaleric acidemia, disorders of leucine metabolism, glutaric acidemia type I, renal disease, tyrosinemia types I and II, urea cycle disorders and others. In 2020, phenylketonuria (PKU) segment is dominating the market as its incidence is high in all diseases in inborn error of metabolism. High cases of PKU demands for wider range of medical foods for proper treatment and manufacturers are developing products for this disease, thus the segment is dominating the market.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into powder, liquids and others. In 2020, powder form is dominating the market as powder form can be easily consumed and has long shelf life and it is easy in transportation as well.
- On the basis of packaging, the market is segmented into can, jar, packets, bottle and others. In 2020, can segment is dominating the market as it provide proper safety to the product and it is also easy to maintain its shelf life for long period of time as it has proper air locking.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, drugs stores, online pharmacies and others. In 2020, retail pharmacy segment is dominating the market as the medical foods only taken under prescription by doctors or healthcare professionals. Once the prescription has been given, patients frequently visit retail pharmacies to buy the product.
Middle East & Africa Medical Foods for Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market Country Level Analysis
Middle East & Africa medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market is analysed and market size information is provided by products, age group, diseases, form, packaging and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the market report are South Africa, UAE, Qatar, Oman, and rest of Middle East and Africa.
South Africa is dominating the market as of high healthcare expenditure in this region and patient are more inclined in taking medical food rather than enzymatic therapy. Along with these, disposable income is high through which it is easy for the patients to afford the medical foods in their daily diet.
The country section of the meat extract market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
The major players covered in the report are Abbott and Nutricia (A Subsidiary of Danone) among other domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Customization Available: Middle East and Africa Medical Foods for Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.