Middle East and Africa Medical Nonwoven Market By Type (Spunbond, Spun-melt-spun (SMS), Drylaid, Wetlaid, Meltblown, Others), Product Type (Hygiene Technology, Apparel Products), Usability (Disposable, Reusable), Distribution Channel (Direct Tenders, Retail), End-User (Hospitals, Clinics, Home Healthcare, Laboratory, Ambulatory Surgical Centres, Others), Country (South Africa, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Nonwovens are the high-tech and unique engineered fabrics that are made from fibers used for a variety of products and applications. Non-woven fabric offers superior performance due to its design and properties such as absorbency, barrier properties, tear resistance, tensile strength, air permeability and abrasion resistance.
Non-woven fabrics are used as an alternate to the polyurethane foam and their cost is highly dependent on the type and cost of raw materials used in the production process. A large volume of non-woven fabric is produced at a lower cost as compared to other woven and knitting fabrics with the same amount of raw materials. The most popular techniques for medical nonwovens are spunbonding, meltblowing and their composites (SMS) in specific end uses. Due to these technologies, medical nonwovens are used widely in wound care.
Increasing hospital acquired infection (HAI) is favouring the market and is leading to growth in demand for Middle East & Africa medical nonwoven market.
Middle East & Africa medical nonwoven Market is expected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 -2026.
Segmentation: Middle East and Africa Medical Nonwoven Market
Middle East & Africa medical nonwoven market is segmented into five notable segments on the basis of type, product type, usability, distribution channel and end-user.
· On the basis of type, the market is segmented into spunbond, spun-melt-spun (SMS), drylaid, wetlaid, meltblown and others
Ø In January 2019, Owens & Minor, Inc. signed a medical and surgical supply distribution agreement of USD 3.2 billion with Scripps Health. The agreement will help the company to advance their capabilities of supply chain.
· On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into hygiene technology and apparel products.
Ø In August 2019, Hogy Medical Company Limited and Mitsubishi Corporation announced their establishment of joint venture. The partnership will help the company to increase its sale and market its medical products.
· On the basis of usability, the market is segmented into disposable and reusable.
Ø In May 2017, Freudenberg Group expanded its activities in Asia region. The expansion will help the company to build strong its global footprints in regions other than its own.
· On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct tenders and retail.
Ø In July 2019, Dallas Zoo established a partnership with Kimberly-Clark Professional for providing safety and quality while feeding animal in the zoo. The partnership will provide a safe, renewable way to dispose of the gloves used.
· On the basis of end-user, the market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, home healthcare, laboratory, ambulatory surgical centres and others
Ø In October 2015, WPT Nonwovens Corporation expanded its operations at its Kentucky facility. The new production unit will also add a product line to company’s portfolio which will be used to expand capacity and meet increasing demand.
Some of the major players operating in this market are KRATON CORPORATION, Owens & Minor, Inc., Asahi Kasei Corporation, PFNonwovens Czech s.r.o., Freudenberg Performance Materials, Dynarex Corporation, Suominen Corporation, Berry Middle East & Africa Inc., Ahlstrom-Munksjö, Foshan Nanhai Bidefu Nonwoven Co., Ltd., Fibertex Nonwovens A/S, Fitesa, KCWW, TWE GmbH & Co. KG, Abena A/S, WPT Nonwovens Corp, Hogy Medical and others.
· In October 2017, Ahlstrom-Munksjö launched its new product, Ahlstrom-Munksjö PureArmor. The product is a breathable nonwoven fabric that is suitable to be used for applications that are sensitive to particle contamination.
· In June 2014, Avanti launched the customized range of engineered nonwovens. The customized specifications include color and other features of the products.
Research Methodology : Middle East and Africa Medical Nonwoven Market
Primary Respondents: Key Industry Participants, Subject-Matter Experts (SMEs), C-level Executives of Key Market Players, Market Intelligence Managers, National Sales Managers and Industry Consultants.