Middle East and Africa Patient Handling Equipment Market By Mode (Mechanical Equipment, Non Mechanical Equipment), Product Type (Medical Beds, Patient Repositioning Equipment, Mobility Aid, Bathroom Safety and Ambulatory Aids), Type of Care (Long Term Care, Bariatric Care, Acute and Critical Care, Wound Care, Fall Prevention and Others), Accessories (Hospital Bed Accessories, Medical Bed Accessories, Lifting Accessories, Transfer Accessories, Stretcher Accessories and Others), End User ( Hospital, Home Care Settings, Elderly Care Facilities and Others), Country (South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026Patient handling equipment is devices or machines which provide maximum comfort to the patients while transporting and moving. These are the necessary handling devices that are used to easily support and lift the patient up without any compromise with safety.
Patient handling equipment includes wheelchairs, scooters, medical beds, lifts and slings. The amount and the type of equipment vary from person to person. For example, powered wheelchairs are mostly used by the people as these provide access to easy and independent life. Slings and hoists are used for the people who cannot even move their body. Bariatric beds and wheelchairs are used by the people who are overweight and need extra space.
Middle East and Africa patient handling equipment market is projected to register a healthy CAGR of 9.6% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Middle East and Africa Patient Handling Equipment Market
Middle East and Africa patient handling equipment market is segmented into six notable segments such as mode, product type, type of care, accessories and end user.
- On the basis of mode, the market is segmented into non mechanical equipment and medical equipment. In 2019, mechanical segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In 2019, Hill-Rom announced its collaboration with Microsoft. This collaboration will help healthcare providers in advancing the solutions. This will empower organizations in health care industries.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into mobility aid, medical beds, patient repositioning equipment, ambulatory aids and bathroom safety. The mobility aid is further segmented into wheelchairs and medical scooters. The wheelchairs are further segmented into manual wheel chairs and powered wheel chairs. The medical beds are further segmented into long term care beds, psychiatric care beds, curative care beds and others. The patient repositioning equipment is further segmented into hoists and slings. The hoists are further segmented into mobile hoists, ceiling hoists, bath side hoists and other hoists. In 2019, medical beds segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In 2018, Permobil introduced accessories under its seating and positioning segment. These accessories come with different pad sizes and fabric options which enhance the product quality.
- On the basis of type of care, the market is segmented into bariatric care, acute & critical care, wound care, long term care, fall prevention and others. In 2019, long term care segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In 2017, Permobil acquired Comfort Company which strengthen the company’s product portfolio as it helped in expanding the seating and positioning market.
- On the basis of accessories, the market is segmented into lifting accessories, transfer accessories, medical bed accessories, stretcher accessories, hospital bed accessories and others. In 2019, hospital bed accessories segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In 2018, Stryker acquired Entellus Medical. Entellus Medical Company focuses on delivering physician and superior patients with products specially designed for minimally invasive treatment of nose, ear, and throat disease states.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into home care settings, elderly care settings, hospital and others. In 2019, hospital segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In 2018, Arjo made partnership with Next Step Dynamics. This helped Arjo in providing solutions for elderly people and caregivers.
Competitive Analysis: Middle East and Africa Patient Handling Equipment Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are OpeMed Ltd., Vendlet ApS, V. Guldmann A/S, DJO LLC, Hill-Rom Services Inc, Getinge AB, Invacare Corporation, Etac AB, Permobil, Joerns Healthcare LLC, Handicare, Stiegelmeyer GmbH & Co. KG, Stryker, Sunrise Medical LLC, LINET, Arjo, Mangar Health, Benmor Medical Limited, PARAMOUNT BED CO., LTD., Drive DeVilbiss Sidhil Ltd., Medline Industries, Inc.
- In 2019, Hill-rom services, inc. announced the launch of LINQ, a mobile application. This app will help the patients to easily be in contact with the ones who are treating them. Due to this launch, patient experience with the company will improve and their needs will meet timely.
- In 2018, Drive DeVilbiss announced the addition of Semi‐Electric and Manual Crank beds in its product portfolio. Due to the features like durability, heavy duty, polyethylene mold, these beds serve as an enhancement to the service provided under medical beds category.
- In 2016, Handicare introduced a motorized mobile lift which reduced the carers risk and eliminated load injuries. The invention of this lift enhanced the product portfolio of the company.
Research Methodology: Middle East and Africa Patient Handling Equipment Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturer, Healthcare Professionals, Doctors, Nurses, Medical practitioners. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.