Middle East and Africa Polypropylene Market By Type (Homopolymers, Copolymers), Application (Packaging, Automotive, Medical, Construction, Consumer Products, Electrical & Electronics, Others), Country (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, South Africa, Egypt, Rest of Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Polypropylene is a linear saturated hydrocarbon polymer that offers many properties such as good chemical resistance, good fatigue resistance, good heat resistance, integral hinge property and translucent behaviour. The polymer provides excellent chemical and electrical resistance to be used in several applications at a very high temperature. Polypropylene polymers are manufactured when monomers of propylene are subjected to heat and pressure in the presence of a catalyst system. Polypropylene homopolymers provide high strength and are stronger and stiffer than copolymers. Growing demand for polypropylene for the packaging of various goods is leading to growth in demand for global polypropylene market.
Middle East & Africa polypropylene market is expected to register a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026.
Segmentation: Middle East and Africa Polypropylene Market
Middle East & Africa polypropylene market is segmented into two notable segments on the basis of type and application.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into homopolymers and copolymers.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into packaging, automotive, medical, construction, consumer products, electrical & electronics and others.
Competitive Analysis: Middle East and Africa Polypropylene Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, Total, PetroChina Company Limited, Exxon Mobil Corporation, SABIC, BASF SE, Borealis AG, Braskem, Celanese Corporation, Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A., LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Niche Polymer, PolyOne Corporation, Reliance Industries Limited, Sasol Limited, SCG Chemicals Co., Ltd., Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Trinseo, Westlake Chemical Corporation among others.
- In September 2019, Trinseo will take part in PTS COATING SYMPOSIUM 2019, which will be held in Germany. The symposium will be attended by various manufacturers across the globe.
- In January 2019, Trinseo showcased their product in the Plastics And Rubber In Automotive Conference, which was held in Novi, Michigan. The company showcased their polypropylene products in this event. With this event, the company gained a huge name in the market.
- In October 2018, Borealis AG announced to expand its product portfolio for polypropylene (PP) and polyethylene (PE) to be used in healthcare industry under a different brand name, Borealis Bormed PL8830-PH. Bormed PL8830-PH is an ethylene-based, octene-1 plastomer and has enhanced compatibility with PP. They are easy in processing, flexibility, clarity, when compared to other elastomers.
Research Methodology: Middle East and Africa Polypropylene Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Distributors, Industrial Professionals. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.