Middle East & Africa Prebiotics for Infant Formula By Type (Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMOS), Galactooligosaccharides (GOS), Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), Mannan-Oligosaccharides (MOS), Polydextrose (PDX), Lactulose (LOS), Inulin), Source (Bacteria, Algae, Fungi, Plants & Vegetables), Grade (Inorganic, Organic), Form (Powder, Liquid), Product Type (Standard Formula, Toddler Formula, Follow Up Formula, Special Formula), Infant Age (0-6 Months, 6-12 Months, 1-3 Years), By Country (South Africa, U.A.E, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait and rest of Middle East & Africa), Market Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: Middle East and Africa Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market
Prebiotics for Infant Formula market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 5.3% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 33.08 million by 2027. High utilization of the prebiotic ingredient in the infant formula and growing number of preterm birth in African region accelerates the growth of the market.
The growth in the number of infants and requirement of the nutritional food products for the growth and development of infant owe to the market growth. According to the world health organization (WHO), in 2018, in Asia and South Africa the preterm birth rate accounts more than 60% of total infant birth. The high chances of preterm birth in these regions require enough nutritional formulas to treat the preterm babies augmented to the market growth in forecast period.
This Prebiotics for Infant Formula market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Middle East & Africa Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market Scope and Market Size
Middle East & Africa prebiotics for infant formula market is segmented of the basis type, source, grade, form, product type and infant age. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into human milk oligosaccharides (HMOS), galactooligosaccharides (GOS), fructooligosaccharides (FOS), mannan-oligosaccharides (MOS), polydextrose (PDX), lactulose (LOS), and inulin. In 2020 Human milk oligosaccharides (HMOS) segment is expected to dominate the market and growing with highest CAGR due to their composition associated with the human milk and benefits adapted for the infant’s immature digestive and immune systems. The U.S. food and drug administration (FDA) have independently permitted the safety and utilization of lacto-N-neotetraose (LNnT) and 2′-fucosyllactose (2′-FL) for administration to babies with the help of infant formulas owing to their market growth.
- On the basis of source, the market is segmented into bacteria, algae, fungi, plants & vegetables, and others. In 2020, plants & vegetables segment is expected to dominate the market due to the high yield of FOS & GOS from Barley, wheat and extraction of Inulin from Chicory roots. The Cargill Incorporated (U.S.) have developed blend of oligo fibre extracted from the Chicory roots used in the infant and other food products for health benefits. The preference of the manufacturers to use the plants and vegetables as source in the production of Prebiotics and their demand will leads to the market growth.
- On the basis of grade, the market is segmented into inorganic and organic. In 2020, inorganic segment is expected to dominate the market and in Middle East & Africa and Organic is growing with the highest CAGR, due to the high cost of the organic products the consumers more focused towards the inorganics based infant formulas and rapid growth towards vegan population and safety associated with organic formulas leads population to prefer organic product lead to grow with highest CAGR.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into powder and liquid. In 2020, powder segment is expected to dominate the market as according food additive safety (HFS-255), FOS is majorly marketed in form of granular form due to their stabili ty and consistency to manufacture the infant formula in off-white color. With the stability and convenience in handling the powder form is mostly preferred among manufacturers than the liquid.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into standard formula, toddler formula, follow up formula and special formula. In 2020, standard formula segment is expected to dominate due to their similar efficiency in growth and development of infants and the formulation composition of prebiotics in standard formulas compare to other shows positive effect in developing the gut bacteria. The standard formula and their adoption among infants of age 0 to 12 months incorporated with FOS and GOS blends provide positive feedback and leading in their health growth
- On the basis of infant age, the market is segmented into 0-6 months, 6-12 months and 1-3 years. In 2020, 6-12 months segment is expected to dominate the global prebiotics for infant formula market due to demand of prebiotics is higher for 6 to 12 year age group of infants. Even several studies conducted by the research institution also prefer prebiotics for infant due to its enhanced growth benefits. Infants having age group of 6-12 months requires more content of carbohydrate, protein, vitamin and other nutrition to support their healthy growth.
- In February 2014, United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.) federal national council has proposed a law in which requires their mother to feed their son until the child is of two years. The awareness among the working women was due to the lack of nutrition in infants. The new law will enforced population to adopt the mother feeding and use their mother milk substitutes such as HMO’s
Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market Country Level Analysis
Middle East & Africa market is analysed and market size information is provided by country by type, source, grade, form, product type and infant age as referenced above.
The countries covered in the Prebiotics for Infant Formula market report are U South Africa, U.A.E, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait and rest of Middle East & Africa in Middle East & Africa.
Middle East & Africa Prebiotics for Infant Formula market is dominating the market due to the initiatives taken by the companies engaged in infant formulas to market their products in Middle East region. For instance, In October 2019, BASF SE (Germany) entered in the Human milk oligosaccharides (HMOs) market by introducing new 2’-FL (2’-fucosyllactose) ingredient named as Prebilac. The company developed this product by partnering with Glycosyn. The products offer both nutritional as well as additional benefits for gastrointestinal health. Through this, the company has entered in the prebiotics for infant’s formula market.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growth in Utilization of Clinical Laboratories
Middle East & Africa prebiotics for infant formula market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for electric vehicles market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in infant formula regulatory scenarios and their impact on the Prebiotics for Infant Formula market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market Share Analysis
Middle East & Africa Prebiotics for Infant Formula market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Middle East & Africa prebiotics for infant formula market.
The major players covered in the report are Jennewein Biotechnologie GmbH, zuChem Inc., Biosynth Carbosynth, ELICITYL SA, Dextra Laboratories Limited, Glycom A/S, Tereos, Ingredion Incorporated, Royal FrieslandCampina N.V., Südzucker AG, Cargill, Incorporated., Fonterra Co-operative Group, Royal Cosun, COSUCRA, New Francisco (Yunfu City) Biotechnology Corporation Limited, Dana Dairy Group, Glycosyn LLC and DuPont among other players domestic and global. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In July 2018, Dana dairy group showcased their infant nutrition at CBME 2018 exhibition which was conducted at Shanghai, China. The company showcased their infant portfolio range including , baby biscuits, infant formulae, and infant cereals for Asian market. The introduction of new product DANALAC GOLD will expand their customer based in Asian Market.
- In April 2015, Tereos Starch & Sweeteners showcased their product portfolio in Chinese market. A division of company participated in Food Ingredients exhibition conducted at Shanghai, China. The presence of the company in exhibition will enhance their product visibility among Chinese consumers and enhances their customer base.
Partnership, collaboration and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for electric vehicles through expanded model range