Middle East and Africa Silicone Textile Chemicals Market By Type (Silicon Softeners, Micro Emulsion Silicon and Others), Form (Fluids, Emulsions and Antifoams), Silicone Technology (Polydimethylsiloxanes and Special Silicone Fluids), Silicone Modifications (Methyl Group, Amino Group, Hydrophilic Group, Hydrogen Group, and Other Organo Modifications), Textile Type (Component Fibers, Synthetic Fibers and Inorganic Fibers), Application (Apparel, Home And Office Furnishing, Technical Textiles And Others), Country (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Israel and Rest of Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Silicone textile chemicals are high purity silicone based chemicals which are derived from silicone metal after processing. These chemicals are mostly used for finishing purposes in the textile industry and have various applications in apparel, home and office furnishing, technical textiles and others. Silicone textile chemicals have a very important role as softeners and water repellent agents for fabrics of all kinds. Silicone based chemicals can be used in the form of fluids, emulsions, oils and antifoams.
Silicone technology has brought about a revolution in textile industry by playing a very important role in textile manufacturing process. Silicone softeners are very commonly used for the finishing purposes as they make the fabric feel softer in touch. Textile industry consumes a large amount of water in its varied processing operations. Water usage in textile mills results in generation of gallons of waste-water daily in each country.
Further, silicone textile chemicals are utilized for manufacturing, electronics, semiconductor and healthcare as the specialty gas ingredients nitrogen, helium, oxygen are very important gases for these industries. Specialty gases are also used in the analytical methods such as gas and liquid chromatography.
Growing promotional events and investment towards the textile industries by various governmental bodies, to promote the manufacturers and suppliers in the developments is leading to the growth of the market in the forecast period.
Europe technical textile market is growing CAGR of 5.7% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Market Segmentation: Middle East and Africa Silicone Textile Chemicals Market
MEA silicone technical textile market is segmented into six segments such as type, form, silicone technology, silicone modifications, textile type and application
- On the basis of process, the market is segmented into three notable segments; silicone softeners, micro emulsion silicone and others
- In May, Huntsman Corporation acquired one of the leading companies in terms of methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI) in U.K. IFS Chemicals Limited (IFS). This acquisition will help provide the platform to expand the business in U.K. region.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into three notable segments; fluids, emulsions and antifoams
- In November 2018, Momentive Performance Materials Inc. expanded its distribution agreement with Azelis Canada. Being a pioneer in Canadian distributor for specialty chemicals will help the company to expand its network in the particular region and strength business relationship.
- On the basis of silicone technology, the market is segmented into two notable segments; polydimethylsiloxanes and special silicone fluids
- In September, DowDuPont announced the successful merger between The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont. The single entity Dow DuPont operates with three divisionsdivision’s gricultureagriculture, Materials Science and Specialty Products.
- On the basis of silicone modifications, the market is segmented into five notable segments; methyl group, amino group, hydrophilic group, hydrogen group and other modifications group
- In March, Demilec was acquired by Huntsman Corporation. Demilec is a North America based company involved in manufacturing and distributing spray polyurethane foam. This acquisition will help the company to grow in the international market.
- On the basis of textile type, the market is segmented into three notable segments; component fibers, synthetic fibers and inorganic fibers
- In September, WACKER announced the investment of €2.5 million in Jena Biotech Site. This is done to increase its manufacturing facilities for biopharmaceuticals and addition of new equipment. This will help the company to deliver premium quality and satisfy market needs for cost-efficient production.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into four notable segments; apparel, home and office furnishing, technical textiles and others
- In August, CHT Group, a Germany based Chemical Group engaged in manufacturing wide line of chemicals and silicone based product acquired ICM Silicones Group of companies which include QSi.
Competitive Analysis: Middle East and Africa Silicone Textile Chemicals Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Some of the major players operating in this market are Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Huntsman International LLC, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd., Momentive, Wacker Chemie AG, Archroma Brand & Performance Textile Specialties, Applied Material Solutions, Inc., Changzhou Domlong Chemical Co., Ltd., Crucible Chemical Company, Dongguan City Pacific Textile Products Co., Ltd., Dystar Singapore Pte Ltd, Giovanni Bozetto S.P.A, HT Fine Chemical Co., Ltd., Kolorjet Chemicals Pvt Ltd., The Dow chemical company, Evonik Nutrition and Care GmbH, Elkem Silicone, McCoy Group Of Companies, NICCA U.S.A Inc., Nouryon, Peidmont Chemical Industries, Quantum Silicones, LLC, Rudolf GmbH, Weifang Ruiguang Chemical Co.Ltd ZXCHEM and others.
- In May, HT Fine Chemical Co. Ltd. opened manufacturing and management for the equipment. This will help the company to make stronger portfolio for chemical base.
- In November, Momentive Performance Materials Inc. expanded its distribution agreement with Azelis Canada. Being a pioneer in Canadian distributor for specialty chemicals will help the company to expand its network in in the particular region and strength business relationship.
- In September, WACKER announced the started Cystine manufacturing in WACKER BIOSOLUTIONS (Spain). This will help the company to cope up the increasing demand of the cysteine and cysteine products utilized by various pharmaceutical and food industries.
- In June, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation established Materials Informatics Centre of Excellence (CoE). The main goal of this establishment center is to promote use and proactive application of material informatics.
Research Methodology: Middle East and Africa Silicone Textile Chemicals Market
Primary Respondents: Key industry participants, subject-matter experts (SMEs), C-level executives of key market players, Market Intelligence Managers, National Sales Managers and industry consultants.