Product Type (Dressing, Therapy Devices, Biologics, Others), Type of Dressing (Primary, Secondary), Wound Type (Surgical wounds, Ulcers, Trauma wounds, Burns, Others), End User (Hospitals, Wound Care Centers, Ambulatory Centers, Home Healthcare, Clinics, Community Healthcare), Distribution Channel (Direct Tenders, Retail), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Market Trends and Forecast to 2027.
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Advanced Wound Care Market
North America advanced wound care is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a stronger CAGR of 4.6% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 4,611.54 million by 2027. Rising healthcare expenditure and increasing prevalence of diseases in North America are the major factors for the advanced wound care market growth.
Increasing diseases in North America are particularly ulcers attributed to either diabetes, venous disease, or arterial disease has been observed to be major factor for the market growth. In North America region, U.S. has higher cases of diseases where requirement of advanced wound care products are more hence major companies have more focus in this country. It has also been observed that major companies are generating their higher revenue from U.S. country for this market. It has been also found that the U.S. country in North America has highest healthcare expenditure across the world. For instance, Center for Medicare and Medicaid has estimated that the healthcare expenditure of U.S. has grown by 3.9%, reaching $3.5 trillion in 2017. With high healthcare expenditure, the country has better treatment facilities among patients.
This advanced wound care market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Advanced Wound Care Market Scope and Market Size
North America advanced wound care market is segmented of the basis of product type, therapy devices, type of dressings, wound type, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- Based on the product type, the North America advanced wound care market is classified into dressing, biologic and therapy device, others. Dressing segment is taking high share in North America market mainly due to the increasing utilization of dressing products for wounds, ulcers and more because of the multiple benefits offered during wound treatment such as ease of use, moisture retention feature and high healing power. Apart from these companies are involved in providing more advanced products such as therapy devices which are more efficient in healing wounds. For instance, according to CDC, it has been estimated that fatal injuries was treated in hospitals in U.S. and accounted for around USD 214 billion in treatment.
- Based on the type of dressings, the North America advanced wound care market is classified into primary and secondary. Primary type of dressing segment is dominating the North America advance wound care market because it is considered to be the first step in wound treatment as well as plays an important role in wound management. After primary wound dressing, secondary type is done to cover the wound.
- Based on the wound type, the North America advanced wound care market is classified into surgical wounds, ulcers, trauma wounds, burns and others. Surgical wound segment is dominating the market as well as growing with the highest CAGR due to rising cases of the surgical wounds amongst the people worldwide. People with surgical wounds mostly prefer advanced wound care because of its better treatment and high healing capability. According to CDC , It has been estimated that around 110,800 surgical site infections (SSIs) associated with inpatient surgeries in 2015.
- Based on the end user, the North America advanced wound care market is classified into hospitals, wound care centers, ambulatory centers, home healthcare, clinics and community healthcare. The hospital segment holds maximum market share as higher number of patients prefer to visit hospitals for different cases such as surgical wound, burns, ulcers and others. However, wound care center segment is growing with highest growth rate because of the availability of better facility and treatment of patient for wounds. For instance, According to American Burn Association (ABA), in 2016, approximately 4, 86,000 American patients have undergone medical treatment for burn wounds in hospital and others. The foams are widely used in healing and prevention of burn wounds
- Based on the distribution channel, the North America advanced wound care market is classified into direct tenders and retail. The direct tender segment is dominating the North America advanced wound care market and is growing with the highest CAGR as majority of the products related to advanced wound care is directly distributed to various places such as hospitals, wound care center and others.
Advanced Wound Care Market Country Level Analysis
Advanced wound care Market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, by product type, therapy devices, type of dressings, wound type, end user and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the advanced wound care market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America.
North America is dominating the advanced wound care market due to its benefits in healing wound among patients. Major companies are launching their product in the U.S. as its requirement in the U.S. is higher due to increase in prevalence of diseases. For instance, According to Agency of Healthcare Research and Quality, it has been estimated that every year more than 2.5 million people in the U.S. develop pressure ulcers. Pressure ulcers are treated easily with advanced wound care products which ultimately grow the market in the U.S.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strong Investment in Research and Development Activities and New Technology Penetration
North America advanced wound care market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in medical and pharmaceutical industry with advanced wound product sales, therapy devices sales, impact of technological development in devices and dressings and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the advanced wound care market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Advanced Wound Care Market Share Analysis
North America advanced wound care market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Asia-Pacific presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, concept cars, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to North America advanced wound care market.
The major players covered in the report are Smith and Nephew, 3M, Medline Industries, Inc., Mölnlycke Health Care AB, ConvaTec Group PLC, Organogenesis Inc., Coloplast Group, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., MEDTRONIC, B. Braun Melsungen AG, PAUL HARTMANN Limited, Cardinal Health, Advanced Medical Solutions Group plc, MiMedx, Advancis Medical UK, Hollister Incorporated, Zimmer Biomet, AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION, Baxter and others. Advanced wound care market share data is available for countrywise in North America and they are U.S., Canada and Mexico separately. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many joint ventures and developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the North America advanced wound care market.
- In March 2017, Ethicon US, LLC. launched wound repair packages with DePuy Synthes to enhance effectiveness and patient outcomes of orthopedic surgery. The new wound closure kits, including the STRATAFIX Knotless Tissue Control Devices and the DERMABOND PRINEO Skin Closure Package allows full customization. The extensive reach of DePuy Synthes in the field of orthopedics enabled the company to showcase the benefits of advanced wound closure products from Ethicon to many more health systems and care sites.
Partnership, expansion and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for advanced wound care products for the welfare of the patients
Customization Available : North America Advanced Wound Care Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), product under development data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.