Type (Supraglottic Airway Management Devices, Laryngoscopes, Infraglottic Airway Management Devices, Resuscitators, Bronchoscope/Intubation Scopes, Others), Patient Ages (Adult, Pediatric Patients/Neonates), Procedure (Intensive Care Unit or Emergency Procedure, Non-Emergency Surgical Procedures), Application (Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Others), End User (Hospitals, Homecare, Ambulatory Surgical Center, Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Market Trends and Forecast to 2027.
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Airway Management Device Market
North America airway management device market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a stronger CAGR of 5.6% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 1,579.19 million by 2027. Increased medical procedures in North America and product development in airway management is the factors for the market growth.
Airway management device prevents airway obstruction in patients during surgical or medical procedures. This device ensures an open pathway in patients that allows the gas exchange between a patient's lungs and the atmosphere. Hence these devices are used in fields of anaesthesia, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, emergency medicine, neonatology and many others. Its requirement in medical field is increasing due to high procedures performed in North America hence airway devices manufacturing companies are launching many products in the market. For instance, In January 2017, Teleflex Incorporated launched LMA Gastro Airway with the use of Cuff Pilot Technology. The particular Laryngeal mask is designed to offer esophageal exposure with improved airway protection while performing endoscopic procedures. It consists of an integrated bite block to minimize the chances of endoscopic damage because of biting and even helps to avoid expensive repairs. This launch will strengthen the product portfolio of the company and will maximize the customer base around the world.
This airway management device market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Airway Management Device Market Scope and Market Size
North America airway management device market is segmented on the basis of by type, patient age, procedure, end-user and application. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the North America airway management device market is segmented into supraglottic airway management devices, infraglottic airway management devices, laryngoscopes, bronchoscope/intubation scopes, resuscitators and others. Supraglottic airway management devices are dominating the market because of its higher usage in ventilation of upper airways in patient during anesthesia or other conditions. However, laryngoscopes segment may grow the market due to its improved success rate during medical procedure performance. Many companies are involved in launching laryngoscopes due to its demand as it has ease of operation. For instance, in January, Verathon Inc. launched GlideScope Core, the most detailed and versatile aerial simulation device being designed for virtual multimodal, bronchoscopy and laryngoscopy aerial procedures. With the launch of GlideScope Core, the company has continued to design efficient bronchoscopy and laryngoscopy devices and will improve its role as an airway visualization collaborator for the medical community.
- On the basis of patient age, the North America airway management device market is segmented into adult and pediatric patients/neonates. Adult segment is dominating the market due to higher anesthesia procedures performed among adult patients where oxygenation and ventilation is required and airway management devices plays an important role in providing oxygenation.
- On the basis of procedure, the North America airway management device market is segmented into Intensive care unit or emergency procedure and non-emergency surgical procedures. Intensive care unit or emergency procedure segment is dominating the market because using airway management devices in intensive care unit is important step in order to provide ventilation and oxygenation among patient and it has been observed higher cases of anesthesia and emergency procedure are performed in intensive care unit where these devices are mandate in order to provide basic life functions hence this segment may grow in future. For instance, according to National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey, in 2016 number of patients visits in emergency department in U.S. was 145.6 million.
- On the basis of application, the North America airway management device market is segmented into anesthesia, emergency medicine and others. Anesthesia segment is dominating the market because of higher number of anesthesia procedures are performed in U.S. and airway devices are used in such cases to provide better oxygenation among patients. For instance, In October 2016, a news published by American society of anaesthesiologists, more than one-third of patients in America undergo procedures involving anesthesia. Increased medical procedure in North America is the major factor for the growth of the market as airway devices are basic need while performing medical procedures mainly in anaesthesia process.
- On the end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, homecare, ambulatory surgical center (ASCs) and others. Hospitals segment is further segmented into intensive care units, emergency care departments, operating rooms, and others. Hospitals segment is dominating the market because high number of emergency as well as anesthesia related procedures are performed in hospitals and these devices are meant to use by doctors and clinicians.
Airway Management Device Market Country Level Analysis
Airway management device market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, by type, patient age, procedure, end user and application.
The countries covered in the airway management market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico.
In North America, U.S. country is dominating the market because U.S. is well developed country and one of the major countries in medical field. Major manufacturing companies are well established in U.S. due to advanced product requirement in the U.S. For instance 2018, In February, SonarMed product named AirWave Monitoring System adopted by two children’s hospitals in the U.S. namely CHOC Children’s Hospital (CHOC) and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford. These products adopted for hospitals’ NICU patients. This will help the company to achieve recognition in the market and brand visibility around the U.S.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of regional brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strong Investment in Research and Development Activities and New Technology Penetration
North America airway management device market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in medical and pharmaceutical industry with airway management device product sales, therapy devices sales, impact of technological development in devices and dressings and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the airway management device market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and North America Airway Management Device Market Share Analysis
North America airway management device market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Asia-Pacific presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, concept cars, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America airway management device Market.
The major players covered in the report are Olympus Corporation, BD, Teleflex Incorporated, Armstrong Medical Inc., Medline Industries, Inc., Rudolf Riester GmbH (subsidiary of Halma Plc), GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY, SonarMed, Mercury Medical, Smiths Group plc, Verathon Inc., VBM Medizintechnik GmbH, SunMed, MEDTRONIC, Flexicare (Group) Limited, VYAIRE, Ambu A/S, Intersurgical Ltd. and others. Airway management market share data is available for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa and South America separately. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately
Many joint ventures and developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the North America airway management device market
- In February 2019, SunMed acquired products namely MaxCap Reg and FloCap from Maxtec. MaxCap and FloCap are recognized for their long shelf life and bright color shifts from violet to yellow in the presence of CO2, suggesting careful positioning of the tube while intubation. The introduction of these products would strengthen the SunMed respiratory portfolio.
Partnership, expansion and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for airway management device market products for the welfare of the patients.
Customization Available : North America Airway Management Device Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), product under development data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.