North America Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Devices Market By Procedure Type (Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP), Prostatic Urethral Lift, Prostatectomy, Laser Surgery, Transurethral Microwave Therapy (TUMT), Transurethral Needle Ablation of the Prostate (TUNA), Prostatic Stenting/Implants, Others), End User (Hospitals and Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026Benign prostatic hyperplasia is also called as BPH which is a condition in men where the prostate gland is enlarged and is not cancerous. Benign prostatic hyperplasia is also known as benign prostatic obstruction or benign prostatic hypertrophy. The prostate usually goes through 2 main growth stages as a man ages. The first stage happens early in puberty, when prostate doubles in size, whereas the second phase of growth occurs around the age of 25 and continues through most of a man’s life. BPH often happens with the second stage of growth.
North America benign prostatic hyperplasia devices market is expected to reach at a CAGR of 11.9% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: North America Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Devices Market
North America benign prostatic hyperplasia devices market is segmented based on procedure type and end user.
- On the basis of procedure type, the market is segmented into transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP), prostatic urethral lift, prostatectomy, laser surgery, transurethral microwave therapy (TUMT), transurethral needle ablation of the prostate (TUNA), prostatic stenting/implants and others. Laser surgery is sub-segmented into holmium lasers, green light laser/PVP and thulium laser based devices. The others segment is sub-segmented into water-induced thermotherapy, high-intensity frequency ultrasound (HIFU), prostatic artery embolization (PAE) and others. Prostatectomy segment is growing at the highest CAGR of 12.7% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In October 2015, Lumenis launched pulse laser systems which can be used for the prostate and stones treatment. The Pulse 50H laser and Pulse 100H systems is designed for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and stones. The additions of pulse products show a key development to current urological solutions. This addition will help in increasing the company’s product line.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals and clinics and ambulatory surgical centers. Hospitals and clinics are growing at the highest CAGR of 12.2% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In February 2019, Teleflex Incorporated’s subsidiary Neotract, Inc (U.S.) expanded its UroLift business. Humana which is a one of the nation’s largest private health insurers is now providing insurance coverage for the UroLift system. This will help the company in grasping more customers.
Competitive Analysis: North America Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Devices Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG, Olympus Corporation, Richard Wolf GmbH, Lumenis, Urologix, LLC, Boston Scientific Corporation, Coloplast Corp, LISA Laser Products GmbH, Medifocus, Inc., Coloplast Corp, Teleflex Incorporated, Urotech Devices, BD, PROCEPT BioRobotics Corporation, Biolitec AG and others.
- In January 2019, Boston Scientific Corporation has launched Rezūm water vapor therapy and the randomized clinical trial results shows that it offers long-lasting results in minimally invasive treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). This product launch will increase the company’s product line.
- In March 2017, Biolitec has launched XCAVATOR laser fiber which can be used in the benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) treatment. The laser fiber can remove tissue on the prostate at a rate of 3 to 4 grams per minute. This new technological advanced product will offer the urologist an attractive option for their surgery and this will help to increase the company’s product line.
- In January 2016, Medifocus Inc. announced the engagement of the Tanaka Kapec Design Group, Inc. as a lead designer of the next generation Prolieve Thermodilatation System. This combinational therapy helped in offering both immediate and the long term relief in the BPH related symptoms.
- In October 2015, Lumenis launched pulse laser systems which can be used for the prostate and stones treatment. The Pulse 50H laser and Pulse 100H systems is designed for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and stones. The additions of pulse products show a key development to current urological solutions. This addition will help to increase the company’s product line.
- In September 2014, Lisa Laser USA has launched RevoLix 200watt for the BPH treatment. It uses the wavelength of 2013 nm, which targets the water in the tissue, providing superior vaporization, cutting and hemostasis of the prostate. The company will be benefitted from the launch as the product launch will increase the company’s product portfolio.
- In 2011, Urologix signed an exclusive worldwide license for Prostiva RF Therapy System which is used for BPH treatment from Medtronic, Inc. This helped in expanding the product portfolio of the company.
Research Methodology: North America Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Devices Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturer, Healthcare Professionals, Doctors, Nurses, Medical practitioners.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.