North America Breast Implants Market By Technology (Inframammary, Peri-Areolar, Trans-Axillary, Transumbilical), Type (Silicone, Saline), Shape (Round Implant Shape, Anatomical Implant Shape, Gummy Bear Shape), Surface (Textured , Smooth), Placement (Subpectoral Insertion, Sub glandular Insertion, Sub muscular Insertion), Surgery (Cosmetic Surgery, Reconstructive Surgery), End User (Hospitals, Cosmetology Clinics), Distribution Channel (Direct , Indirect),Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico). - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Breast implants are medical devices that are being used under the chest muscles or breast tissue to improve or increase breast size or shape or to rebuild breast tissues or muscles after other damage to the breast or mastectomy. They also play a major role in revision surgeries so to boost the results of the original surgeries. There are mainly two types of implants which are being approved by FDA, they are saline-filled implants and silicone gel-filled implants, and they both contain silicone outer shell and are available in various shapes and sizes. Breast implantation is done to enlarge breasts, reinstate breast shape and size and to restore breast symmetry. Breast implantation surgery includes cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. Cosmetic surgeries are done for esthetic purposes whereas reconstructive surgeries are done for the treatment of breast cancer.
North America breast implants market is projected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: North America Breast Implants Market
The North America breast implants market is segmented into eight notable segments which are based on the basis of technology, type, shape, surface, placement, surgery, end user and distribution channel.
- On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into inframammary, peri-areolar, trans-axillary and transumbilical
- In June 2019, GC Aesthetics launched two new products, the first one is Eve 4.0 launched in Brazil and is helpful in breast augmentation or reconstruction. The second product recovery compression solutions launched in Europe is Noa. It is a FDA approved medical grade compression solution that includes a patented 3D compression system which is designed for immediate healing and helps reduce swelling and pain after the surgery As these products are new into the market they are increasing the purchase rate of these implants in the regions and will increase the growth of company
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into silicone and saline
- On the basis of shape, the market is segmented into round implant shape, anatomical implant shape and gummy bear shape
- On the basis of surface, the market is segmented into textured and smooth
- In June 2019, experts of leading breast implant got it published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal and recommended the use of sixth generation Motiva implants. These implants comprises of smooth surface, which overcomes the problems and complications. Due to surface technology enhancement, the implants reduce the risk of anaplastic large-cell lymphoma. The company is looking forward to provide high satisfaction, lower risk and more natural looking breast to patients, this will lead to expansion in market size of the company
- On the basis of placement, the market is segmented into subpectoral insertion, subglandular insertion and submuscular insertion
- On the basis of surgery, the market is segmented into cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals and cosmetology clinics
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct and indirect
Competitive Analysis: North America Breast Implants Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Allergan Plc, Mentor Worldwide Llc, Sientra Inc., Arion Laboratories, Gc Aesthetics Plc, Cereplas, Shanghai Kangning Medical Device Co. Ltd., Polytech Health & Aesthetics Gmbh, Hansbiomed Co. Ltd., Guangzhou Wanhe Plastic Materials Co., Ltd. Establishment Labs S.A. and Groupe Sebbin Sas among others.
- In August 2019, Allergan plc has launched online resource for patients, surgeons and healthcare professionals which are related to the recall of textured breast implants BIOCELL. This feature helps patients to understand the breast implant properly and how it can benefit the patient
- In September 2018, Mentor launched, a new tissue expander with a smooth surface for all the patients undergoing breast implantation. MENTOR has announced that it has launched new product for breast implants with an even surface in United States. There will more cases which will be diagnosed in future and these products will be used to treat the disease
Research Methodology: North America Breast Implants Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Researchers, Distributors, Bakers and Food Industrialists.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and National Sales Managers.