North America Burn Care Market By Product Type (Advanced Burn Care Products, Traditional Burn Care Products, Biologics, Other Burn Care Products), Depth of Burn (Partial-Thickness Burns, Minor Burns, Full-Thickness Burns), Burn Type (Thermal Burn, Electrical Burn, Chemical Burn, Radiation Burn, Friction Burn, Others), End User (Hospitals, Burn Care Centres, Homecare, Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Retail), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Burns are the skin damage that causes the affected skin cells to die. The cure of burns is related to the type and amount of the injuries. Burn can be classified into thermal burn, electrical burn, chemical burn, radiation burn, friction burn, scald burn and sun burn. The burn can be treated by using various types of burn treatments which includes water-based treatments, fluids to prevent dehydration, pain and anxiety medications, burn creams and ointments, dressings, drugs that fight infection and tetanus shot, various procedures can be used based on burn procedures which include breathing assistance, feeding tube, easing blood flow around the wound, skin grafts, plastic surgery and others. There is a wide range of burn care products available to treat burn which includes foam dressings, film dressings, hydrogels, alginates, wound contact layer, hydrocolloid, collagen, nanocrystalline silver dressings, dressings, tapes and biologics.
North America burn care market is projected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: North America Burn Care Market
North America burn care market is segmented into five notable segments which are product type, depth of burn, burn type, application, end user and distribution channel.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into advanced burn care products, traditional burn care products, biologics and other burn care products.
- On the basis of depth of burn, the market is segmented into partial-thickness burns, minor burns and full-thickness burns.
- On the basis of burn type, the market is segmented into thermal burn, electrical burn, chemical burn, radiation burn, friction burn and others.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, burn care centres, homecare, clinic and others.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct tender and retail.
Competitive Analysis: North America Burn Care Market
Some of the major players operating in North America burn care market are KCI Licensing, Inc., Smith & Nephew, Mölnlycke Health Care AB, 3M, ConvaTec Group PLC, Accell Group, Anika Therapeutics, Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Cardinal Health, Coloplast Pty Ltd, DeRoyal Industries, Inc., Hollister Incorporated, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Medline Industries, Inc., PAUL HARTMANN AG, Polymedics Innovations Inc. among others.
- In October 2019, 3M announced the acquisition of Acelity, Inc. which is comprised of Apex partners and affiliated to Canada pension plan including debt and other adjustments in the scenario process. The acquisition will help companies in improvement and to deliver better results and care to the patients as per their needs which will help 3M to increase its market share in the global burn care market.
- In June 2019, Mölnlycke Health Care AB acquired a patent from Innovation Skane that will aid in identifying infections in wounds. Once the patent is developed in wound care it will show a key role in decreasing the excessive use of antibiotics. With this Mölnlycke use this patent to help tackle a serious public healthcare issue, and will increase customer satisfaction.
- In June 2018, KCI Licensing, Inc. acquires Crawford Healthcare to create wound care portfolio. Acelity decided to expand its portfolio by positioning itself globally in advanced wound care methodology. The acquisition helped in the growth of the business to help in the improvement of patient’s care with the best and advanced products in the market. It also helped in the expansion of clinicians and better exposure to revivals globally.
Research Methodology: North America Burn Care Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Researchers, Distributors, Doctor, Nurses, Medical Practitioners & Healthcare Professionals. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.