North America Cancer Supportive Care Products Market, By Drug Type (Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor (GCSFs), Erythropoietin Stimulating Agents (ESA’S), Opioid Analgesics, Monoclonal Antibodies, Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs), Bisphosphonates, Anti-Emetics, Antihistamines and Others), Type (Branded and Generics), Cancer Type (Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Liver Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Leukaemia, Melanoma, Ovarian Cancer and Other Cancers), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Hospitals & Academic Institutions and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies and Compounding Pharmacies), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Cancer Supportive Care Products Market
The cancer supportive care products market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 4.7% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 15,822.55 million by 2028 from USD 11,043.65 million in 2020. Increasing usage of cancer supportive care products, growing incidence of cancer disease are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
The cancer supportive care products are the drugs administer during the cancer treatment to improve the health quality of patients. Cancer supportive care products are essential during the cancer chemotherapy treatment as the cancer treatment is associated with severe side effects. Cancer supportive care products are given to the patients to relieve, manage or prevent the adverse effects and accelerate the patient’s comfort during the cancer treatment.
The growing cancer patient pool burden in developed as well as developing country is anticipated to accelerate the demand of cancer supportive care products. Consequently, it will help to bolster up the cancer supportive care products market growth. It is predicted that high prevalence and disease burden of cancer is a major driving factor for the growth of the cancer supportive care products market. The increasing side effects of cancer supportive care medication are acting as a restraint for hampering the demand of the cancer supportive care products market.
The agreement and acquisition is the golden opportunity for the cancer supportive care products market players to elevate their revenue growth. The development of newer versions of the drug could significantly change the compound from the original compound. This approach may also lead to new clinical trials and patent re-applications so the drug's patent expiration is acting as a challenge for the cancer supportive care products market.
The cancer supportive care products market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the cancer supportive care products market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Cancer Supportive Care Products Market Scope and Market Size
The cancer supportive care products market is categorized into five notable segments which are based on drug type, type, cancer type, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of drug type, the cancer supportive care products market is segmented into granulocyte colony stimulating factor (GCSFs), erythropoietin stimulating agents (ESA’s), opioid analgesics, monoclonal antibodies, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), bisphosphonates, anti-emetics, antihistamines and others. In 2021, granulocyte colony stimulating factor (GCSFs) segment is dominating the cancer supportive care products market as it stimulates the bone marrow and generates stem cells as well as granulocytes to discharge it in bloodstream. Moreover, granulocyte colony stimulating factor (GCSFS) is primarily used to treat and cure the neutropenia caused owing to cancer chemotherapy treatment.
- On the basis of type, the cancer supportive care products market is segmented into branded and generics. In 2021, generics segment is dominating the cancer supportive care products market since it is cost effective, easily accessible and primarily recommended by doctors for cancer supportive care products diseases.
- On the basis of cancer type, the cancer supportive care products market is segmented into lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, liver cancer, bladder cancer, leukaemia, melanoma, ovarian cancer and other cancers. In 2021, the lung cancer segment is dominating the cancer supportive care products market due to growing smoking habits among populace in developed as well as developing country.
- On the basis of end user, the cancer supportive care products market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, hospitals & academic institutions and others. In 2021, hospitals segment is dominating the cancer supportive care products market as it provides patients with the best healthcare services. Moreover, hospitals are the primary healthcare service provider for patients suffering from cancer.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the cancer supportive care products market is segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies and compounding pharmacies. In 2021, hospital pharmacies segment is dominating the cancer supportive care products market as most of the medicines are procured through hospital pharmacies. The increasing adoption of prescription based medicines, also acts as driver for the cancer supportive care products market growth.
Cancer Supportive Care Products Market Country Level Analysis
The cancer supportive care products market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, drug type, type, cancer type, end user and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in North America cancer supportive care products market are U.S., Canada and Mexico.
North America is expected to dominate the market due to the high adoption of cancer supportive care products by the patients in the region. The U.S is dominating in the market and leading the growth in the North America due to increased presence of key market players in the region.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Initiatives by Manufacturers is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Cancer Supportive Care Products Market
Cancer supportive care products Market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth. Additionally, it provides data regarding acquisition and agreement among the major market plyers and start-up companies. Moreover, growing impact of research and development activities on cancer supportive care products increases market growth pace. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Cancer Supportive Care Products Market Share Analysis
The cancer supportive care products market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to cancer supportive care products market.
The major players covered in the report Amgen Inc., Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (A Subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.), Pfizer Inc., APR, Novartis AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Acacia Pharma Group Plc., Baxter, Bayer AG, Helsinn Healthcare SA., Heron Therapeutics, Inc., Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd., Acrotech Biopharma, Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Oxford Pharmascience Ltd, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. (A Subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc.), Teva (A Subsidiary of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.), Tersera Therapeutics Llc., Mylan N.V., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., other domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product approval and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the cancer supportive care products market.
- In January 2020, Novartis AG declared the acquisition with the Medicines Company. This acquisition has provided novel opportunity to the company to escalate its geographical presence across the world as well as it has helped in upgrading the product portfolio of the company.
- In October 2019, Heron Therapeutics, Inc. announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval of Heron's supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) for CINVANTI (aprepitant) injectable emulsion. This approval has helped to bolster company footprints in U.S. market.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company impression in the cancer supportive care products market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their sales growth.