North America Chlor-Alkali Market, By Type (Caustic Soda Flakes, Caustic Soda Lye and Others), Product (Chlorine, Sodium Hydroxide and Potassium Hydroxide, Caustic Soda, Sodium Hypochlorite, Vinyl Chloride Monomer, Hydrogen Chloride and Others), Production Process (Membrane Cell Process, Diaphragm Cell Process and Mercury Cell Process), Distribution Channel (B2B/Direct Sales, Warehouses, E-Commerce, Specialty Stores and Others), End-User (Soaps and Detergents, Paper and Pulp, Pharmaceuticals, Organics, Inorganics, Textiles, Water Treatment, Chemical Processing and Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Market Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Chlor-Alkali Market
Chlor-alkali market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 6.2% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 38,791.11 million by 2028.
Increasing demand in oil and gas industry with rise in demand of alkali chemicals in chemical industry are the factors for the chlor-alkali market growth.
Chlor-alkali is a process of production of chlorine and sodium hydroxide when electricity is being passed through the solution of brine. The sodium hydroxide obtained from the process is used in the manufacturing of soaps, detergents, paper among others. The products obtained from the chlor-alkali process is been used in different industries such as pharmaceuticals, chemical processing, oil and gas and glass among others.
With rise in production of alumina, the demand of alkali chemicals has been increasing. So the rise in alumina production is driving the chlor-alkali market. The various ill-effects of release of toxic substance in the atmosphere are restraining the growth of chlor-alkali market. With increase in R & D investment in Indian chemical industry and with booming chemical sector of European Union is creating an opportunity for the growth of the chlor-alkali market. With high cost of membrane and with the problem of degradation of the membranes being used in chlor-alkali is creating a situation of challenge for the growth of the chlor-alkali market.
This chlor-alkali market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the chlor-alkali market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Chlor-Alkali Market Scope and Market Size
The chlor-alkali market is segmented on the basis of the type, product, production process, distribution channel and end-user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the chlor-alkali market is segmented into caustic soda flakes, caustic soda lye and others. In 2021, caustic soda flakes segment is dominating due to rise in use of caustic soda flakes in oil and gas industry.
- On the basis of product, the chlor-alkali market is segmented into chlorine, sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide, caustic soda, sodium hypochlorite, vinyl chloride monomer, hydrogen chloride and others. In 2021, caustic soda segment is dominating with rise in use of caustic soda in chemical processing industry.
- On the basis of production process, the chlor-alkali market is segmented into membrane cell process, diaphragm cell process and mercury cell process. In 2021, membrane cell process segment is dominating as it helps in producing a high quality product.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the chlor-alkali market is segmented into B2B/ direct sales, warehouses, e-commerce, specialty stores and others. In 2021, e-commerce segment is dominating as the rising awareness will increase the purchasing power of the individuals.
- On the basis of end-user, the chlor-alkali market is segmented into soaps and detergents, paper and pulp, pharmaceuticals, organics, inorganics, textiles, water treatment, chemical processing and others. In 2021, chemical processing segment is dominating as the region is witnessing a demand of chemical processing with rapid industrial development.
Chlor-Alkali Market Country Level Analysis
North America chlor-alkali market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, type, product, production process, distribution channel and end-user as referenced above.
The countries covered in North America chlor-alkali market report U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- In North America chlor-alkali market, the U.S. is dominating the market due to increasing usage of derivatives of chlor-alkali.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rise in Chlor-Alkali as Disinfectant Chemicals to Sanitize Surfaces.
North America chlor-alkali market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for chlor-alkali market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in requirement of healthcare products, regulatory scenarios and their impact on the chlor-alkali market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Chlor-Alkali Market Share Analysis
North America chlor-alkali market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to North America chlor-alkali market.
The major players covered in the report are among Solvay, Hanwha solutions, Occidental Petroleum Corporation, Olin Corporation, Tosoh Corporation, Tata Chemicals Ltd, Covestro AG, SABIC, Kemira, Ercros S.A, AGC Inc., Westlake Chemical Corporation and other players domestic and global. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of chlor-alkali market.
- In February 2021, Solvay and Leonardo announced the development of novel composite materials. The new products deal with aerospace industry that reduces the impact on the environment. This will help increases sales and revenue for Solvay
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for chlor-alkali through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: North America Chlor-Alkali Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.