North America Corrugated Board Packaging Market, By Raw Material (Linerboard & Medium), Style (Slotted Box, Telescopes, Folders, Trays, Sheets, Fanfold, Die Cut Bliss & Die Cut Interiors), Grade (Unbleached Testliner, White-Top Testliner, Unbleached Kraftliner, White-Top Kraftliner, Waste-Based Fluting & Semi-Chemical Fluting), End-Use (Processed Foods, Healthcare, Beverages, Chemicals, Textiles, Personal Care, Electrical Goods, Vehicle Parts, Glassware and Ceramics, Wood and Timber Products, Household Care, Fruits and Vegetables, Paper Products, Tobacco, Others), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Corrugated Board Packaging Market
North America corrugated board packaging market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 5.6% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and expected to reach USD 90,311.62 million by 2029. Growing small and medium-sized corrugated board packaging in the food and beverage packaging industry and increasing preferences for recycled corrugated products in the packaging industry. In order to fulfill the growing demand for corrugated board packaging products in the building and construction and electronics industry, some companies are expanding their production capacities by entering into acquisition, joint venture and launching products across different regions.
Corrugated board packaging products are designed to give an extreme protection to fragile, heavy, bulky, or high-value products in storage and transit. A corrugated board packaging with several layers provides strength to the packaging product and makes it stronger than average cardboard. Different types of liners are used in the corrugated cardboard to provide the strength such as kraft liners, test liners, and chip linear. Corrugated paperboard also acts as the cushion for the product in transit. Corrugated packaging products are 100% renewable and cost-effective in nature and used to replace wood and metal packaging. There are several types of corrugated board packaging such as single-phase, single-wall, double wallboard, triple wallboard, and others. Single-phase corrugated board packaging includes a single flute and one or two sheets of the linear board. Single wall corrugated board packaging involves one sheet of the corrugated medium glued and placed in between two sheets of the liner board. Double wallboard refers to that type of corrugated board packaging consisting of two layers of the corrugated medium glued between three layers of the liner board. Triple wallboard refers to that type of corrugated board packaging, which is considered the strongest of all kinds of corrugated board packaging as it consists of three layers of the corrugated medium and the four-layer of the liner board.
Increasing purchases toward light weight corrugated boxes across industries are expected to boost the market growth however, stringent government regulations for packaging of products are expected to restrain the North America corrugated board packaging market. Rise in acquisition & collaboration between companies is expected to create opportunity for the market to grow but Lack of awareness about the sustainability of the packaging is causing a major challenge for the growth of the market.
The corrugated board packaging market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the Corrugated Board Packaging market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Corrugated Board Packaging Market Scope and Market Size
North America corrugated board packaging market is segmented into four notable segments which are based on the grade, raw material, style and end-use. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of raw material, the North America corrugated board packaging market is segmented into linerboard and medium. Linerboard segment is further sub-segmented into natural resources and recycled resources. Recycled resources sub-segment is further divided into OCC, recovery paper, mixed paper and office paper. Medium segment is further sub-segmented into natural resources and recycled resources. Recycled resources sub-segment is further divided into OCC, recovery paper, mixed paper and office paper. In 2022, the linerboard segment is expected to dominate the North America corrugated board packaging market due to the easy processing techniques, improved efficiencies as well as easier usage. However, limited amount of strength restricts consumption in the market.
- On the basis of style segment, the North America corrugated board packaging market is segmented into slotted box, telescopes, folders, trays, die cut bliss, die cut interiors, sheets, and fanfold. In 2022, the slotted box segment is expected to dominate the market owing to its growing application in the food and beverage industry in the North America market. The easy availability in the market drives the slotted box segment in the North America market.
- On the basis of grade segment, the North America corrugated board packaging market is segmented into white-top kraftliner, unbleached kraftliner, white-top testliner, unbleached testliner, waste-based fluting, and semi-chemical fluting. In 2022, the unbleached testliner segment is expected to dominate the market owing to availability in abundance, which maximizes consumption in the North America market. The force's resistance properties maximize application in various areas that drive the unbleached testliner segment in the North America market.
- On the basis of end-use segment, the North America corrugated board packaging market is segmented into processed foods, fruits and vegetables, beverages, personal care, healthcare, household care, chemicals, paper products, electrical goods, glassware and ceramics, wood and timber products, textiles, tobacco, vehicle parts, and others. In 2022, the processed food segment is expected to dominate the market owing to increasing demand for packaged food in developing countries. The easy carrying properties drive the food and beverages segment in the North America market.
Corrugated Board Packaging Market Country Level Analysis
The corrugated board packaging market is analyzed and market size information is provided by the country, raw material, style, grade and end-use as referenced above.
The countries covered in the corrugated board packaging market report are the U.S., Canada and Mexico. U.S. dominates the North America region due to the growing awareness among consumers regarding the usage of environment-friendly products is expected to drive the demand for the corrugated board packaging market in U.S. in the forecast period.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing inclination of purchases toward light weight corrugated boxes across the industry is expected to drive the growth of the market
The corrugated board packaging market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular market. Additionally, it provides the detail information regarding the market players’ strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for historic period 2020.
Competitive Landscape and Corrugated Board Packaging Market Share Analysis
Corrugated board packaging market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Corrugated Board Packaging market.
Some of the major players operating in the corrugated board packaging market are Packaging Corporation of America, WestRock Company, International Paper, DS Smith, Rengo, Cascades Inc., Mondi, NEFAB GROUP, NIPPON PAPER INDUSTRIES CO., LTD, and Wertheimer Box Corp among others.
Many contracts and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ North America which are also accelerating the corrugated board packaging market.
- In January 2021, International Paper decides to sell off its corrugated packaging business in turkey. The agreement was between International Paper and Mondi Group. To serve the market for an advantage position this agreement was done between the companies. The markets will see improvement in packaging industries.
- In August 2021, Mondi rolled out its range of sustainable corrugated packaging solution for online grocery delivery services across Europe. Seven new packaging solution meets the demand for the new packaging solutions for delivery. Company has introduced new product for the delivery purpose during COVID. The market will be nourished by these products for the delivery purpose.
Customization Available : North America Corrugated Board Packaging Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.