North America Corrugated Box Market, By Type (Single-Phase Corrugated, Single Wall Corrugated Box, Double Wallboard and Triple Wallboard), Material (Recycled Corrugates and Virgin Corrugates), Flute (Type A Flute, Type B Flute, Type C Flute, Type E Flute and Type F Flute), Style (Regular Slotted Container (RSC), Full Overlap Container (FOL), Half Slotted Type, Telescope Type, Fold Type & Tray and Others), Printing (Lithography, Flexo, Digital Printing, Rotogravure, Silkscreen and Others), End-User (Food and Beverages, Household Products, Cosmetics, Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care, Shipping & Logistics, Electronics, Textile, E-Commerce and Others), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Corrugated Box Market
The corrugated box market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 5.3% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 17,993.54 million by 2028. Growing use of small and medium-sized corrugated boxes in the food and beverage packaging industry is expected to act as a driver for the corrugated box market in the forecast period.
Corrugated box products are designed to give an extreme protection to the goods such as fragile, heavy, bulky, or high-value products in storage and transit. A corrugated box with several layers provides strength to the packaging product and makes it stronger than average cardboard. Different types of liners are used in the corrugated cardboard to provide the strength such as kraft liners, test liners and chip linear.
Increasing preferences for recycled corrugated products in the packaging industry is expected to act as a driver for the corrugated box market in the forecast period. Fluctuation in the price of wood pulp is expected to restraint the corrugated box market in the forecast period. Growing demand for fit-to-go packaging in the food industry is expected to bring opportunities for the corrugated box market to grow in future. Humid and moist weather decreases the firmness and strength of corrugated boxes which is expected to challenge the corrugated box market to grow in the near future.
This corrugated box market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the corrugated box market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Corrugated Box Market Scope and Market Size
The corrugated box market is segmented based on the type, material, flute, style, printing and end-user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the corrugated box market is segmented into single-phase corrugated, single wall corrugated box, double wallboard and triple wallboard. In 2021, the demand for single wall corrugated boxes are increasing due to the rise in demand for high-strength packaging products.
- On the basis of material, the corrugated box market is segmented into recycled corrugates and virgin corrugates. In 2021, the recycled corrugates segment is dominating due to the lower consumption of wood pulp.
- On the basis of flute, the corrugated box market is segmented into type A flute, type B flute, type C flute, type E flute and type F flute. In 2021, the type C flute segment is dominating as products can easily printable which increases its demand in the region.
- On the basis of style, the corrugated box market is segmented into regular slotted container (RSC), full overlap container (FOL), half slotted type, telescope type, fold type & tray and others. In 2021, the regular slotted container (RSC) segment is dominating the market as products are easy to open and close and give protection to products which makes regular slotted container (RSC) to dominate in the region.
- On the basis of printing, the corrugated box market is segmented into lithography, flexo, digital printing, rotogravure, silkscreen and others. In 2021, the lithography segment is dominating as lithography is cost-effective compared to digital printing.
- On the basis of end-user, the corrugated box market is segmented into food and beverages, household products, cosmetics, healthcare & pharmaceuticals, personal care, shipping & logistics, electronics, textile, e-commerce and others. In 2021, the food and beverages segment is dominating due to the increasing the demand for small-sized corrugated boxes.
North America Corrugated Box Market Country Level Analysis
The corrugated box market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, type, material, flute, style, printing and end-user as referenced above.
The countries covered in the North America corrugated box market report are the U.S, Canada and Mexico.
The U.S. is expected to dominate in the North America corrugated box market due to the large population, which creates a large customer base in the region for the corrugated box market.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growth in the Corrugated Boxes Industry
The corrugated box market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for corrugated box market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in infant formula regulatory scenarios and their impact on the corrugated box market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Corrugated Box Market Share Analysis
The corrugated box market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Middle East and Africa presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to North America corrugated box market.
The major players covered in the North America corrugated box market report are Mondi, WestRock Company, International Paper, Stora Enso, Rengo Co., Ltd., Industrial Development Company sal., Cascades inc., Neway Packaging., EmenacPackaging, Klingele Papierwerke Gmbh & Co. Kg, Smurfit Kappa, DS Smith, Georgia-Pacific., VPK Packaging Group, Packaging Corporation of America, Western Container Corporation, Wertheimer Box Corp. among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many contract and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the corrugated box market.
- In June 2019, International Paper company has decided to collaborate with the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) for the development of science-based targets. This development has assisted the company to upsurge the revenue in near future.
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company footprints in the corrugated box market which also provides the benefit for organization’s profit growth.