North America Diabetes Care Devices Market By Product (Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices, Insulin Delivery Devices), Distribution Channel (Institutional Sales, Retail Sales), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: North America Diabetes Care Devices Market
North America diabetes care devices market is registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the increases incidence for patients with diabetes and development of the need for a quicker, healthier and effective method of diagnosing and treating diabetes.
Market Definition: North America Diabetes Care Devices Market
Diabetes is a disorder that cannot produce the insulin produced in the serum in the pancreas. Increased blood sugar induces untreated diabetes. Diabetes treatments are used for diabetes diagnosis in particular. Treatment strategies for diabetes are used to stimulate glucose in the body. It is used primarily for the analysis for glucose levels in the body. Blood glucose meters and strips are used to track glucose levels. Diabetes care devices are small in size and also compact.
- Increases incidence for patients with diabetes is driving the growth of the market
- Development of diabetes technology is propelling the growth of the market
- Raising awareness of diabetes care devices is boosting the growth of the market
- Development of the need for a quicker, healthier and effective method of diagnosing and treating diabetes is contributing to the growth of the market
- Lack of compensation or strict rules is hampering the growth of the market
- Low expenditure per person on diabetes is hindering the growth of the market
- Consequences Associated to Insulin delivery devices is restricting the growth of the market
Segmentation: North America Diabetes Care Devices Market
- Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices
- Testing Strips
- Blood Glucose Meters
- Self-monitoring Blood Glucose Meters
- Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices
- Insulin Delivery Devices
- Insulin Syringes
- Insulin Pens
- Insulin Pumps
- Insulin Jet Injectors
By Distribution Channel
- Institutional Sales
- Retail Sales
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2018, Medtronic plc, the world's leading supplier of medical technology, products and applications, today announced that it has earned the U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration) authorization of the Guardian(TM) Connect CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring) program for people with diabetes aged 14 and 75 years of age. The Guardian Connect software is the first CGM1 optimized cognitive device that assists diabetic clinicians with high and low glucose. The Guardian Link program allows people to treat their diabetes more proactively with multiple daily injections (MDI).
- In January 2018, Abbott also confirmed that the FreeStyleLibre Program, the company's revolutionary new CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring) program, is now applicable for Medicare patients who have fulfilled the requirements of medical CGM devices used for U.S. insurance Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The factory-calibrated FreeStyle Libre model is the only Medicare-recognized CGM system that requires no consumer configuration. The program also does not include a daily fingertick. The high precision of the FreeStyle Libre system allows patients to take medication based on the results.
North America diabetes care devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of diabetes care devices for North America.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the North America diabetes care devices market areAbbott, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Dexcom, Inc., Medtronic, ARKRAY, Inc., Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG, AgaMatrix, Bionime Corporation., ACON, Trividia Health, Inc., Rossmax International Ltd., Crownpeak Technology, Inc., Novo Nordisk A/S, Sanofi, among others.
Research Methodology: North America Diabetes Care Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of North America diabetes care devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)