North America Eco-Friendly Packaging Market, By Type (Recycled Content Packaging, Reusable Packaging, and Degradable Packaging), Material Type (Paper & Paper Board, Plastic, Metal, Glass, Starch-Based Materials, and Others), Product Type (Bags, Pouches & Sachets, Boxes, Containers, Films, Trays, Tubes, Bottles & Jars, Cans, and Others), Technique (Active Packaging, Molded Packaging, Alternate Fiber Packaging, and Others), Layer (Primary Packaging, Secondary Packaging, and Tertiary Packaging), Application (Food, Beverages, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care, Home Care, and Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Eco-Friendly Packaging Market
The North America eco-friendly packaging market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 4.6% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 81,591.40 million by 2029.
Eco-friendly packaging is easy to recycle, safe for individuals and the environment, and is made out of recycled materials. It uses materials and manufacturing practices with minimal impact on energy consumption and natural resources. Consumers are increasingly concerned about the environmental consequences of packaging. Businesses are under pressure from consumers and governments to use eco-friendly packaging for their products.
Eco-friendly packaging solutions aim to: Lessen the amount of product packaging, promote the use of renewable/reusable materials, cut back on packaging-related expenses, eliminate the use of toxic materials in the production of packaging and provide options to recycle packaging easily.
Increasing public awareness about environmental concerns and pollution caused due to conventional packaging such as plastic has resulted in higher demand for eco-friendly packaging, which is largely expected to boost growth in the North America eco-friendly packaging market. The major restraint can be the lack of awareness regarding the benefits of eco-friendly packaging products. Considerable innovations in packaging products are expected to provide opportunities in the market. High cost and poor infrastructure for recycling processes may challenge the North America eco-friendly packaging market.
This North America eco-friendly packaging market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief; our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Eco-Friendly Packaging Market Scope and Market Size
The North America eco-friendly packaging market is segmented into six notable segments, based on type, material type, product type, technique, layer, and application. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the eco-friendly packaging market is segmented into recycled content packaging, reusable packaging and degradable packaging. In 2022, the reusable packaging segment is expected to dominate the North America eco-friendly packaging market because they are cost-efficient. Since reusable packaging is designed for repeated use, it is stronger and more durable than single-use packaging.
- On the basis of material type, the North America eco-friendly packaging market is segmented into paper & paper board, plastic, metal, glass, starch-based materials, and others. In 2022, the paper & paper board segment is expected to dominate the North America eco-friendly packaging market, owing to the advantage of being, in most cases, the least expensive structural material for packaging and a renewable source.
- On the basis of product type, the North America eco-friendly packaging market is segmented into bags, pouches & sachets, boxes, containers, films, trays, tubes, bottles & jars, cans, and others. In 2022, the boxes segment is expected to dominate as boxes have a good strength-to-weight ratio and do a great job of protecting what's inside.
- On the basis of technique, the North America eco-friendly packaging market is segmented into active packaging, molded packaging, alternate fiber packaging, and others. In 2022, the alternate fiber packaging segment is expected to dominate the North America eco-friendly packaging market as they prove to be an environmentally-friendly alternative to paper. It also provides a much-needed alternative to polystyrene, which is detrimental to human health.
- On the basis of layer, the North America eco-friendly packaging market is segmented into primary packaging, secondary packaging, and tertiary packaging. In 2022, the primary packaging segment is expected to dominate the North America eco-friendly packaging market, as it keeps the product sealed from external damage.
- On the basis of application, the North America eco-friendly packaging market is segmented into food, beverages, pharmaceutical, personal care, home care, and others. In 2022, the food segment is expected to dominate as packaging is widely used in the food industry to prevent or reduce product damage and food spoilage.
North America Eco-Friendly Packaging Market Country Level Analysis
The North America eco-friendly packaging market is analyzed, and market size information is provided by country, type, material type, product type, technique, layer, and application.
The countries covered in the North America eco-friendly packaging market report are the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. The U.S. is expected to dominate the North America eco-friendly packaging market due to increased growth for eco-friendly packaging in the region due to high demand for fast-moving consumer goods and inclining consumers' preference towards green packaging. Canada is expected to grow due to industries like food & beverage packaging, personal care, and medicines showing great interest in eco-friendly and green materials, seeing customers shift towards sustainable packaging. Mexico is expected to grow in the North America eco-friendly packaging market due to a rise in consumer consciousness towards environmental protection.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in market regulation that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of North American brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growth in the North America Eco-Friendly Packaging Market
North America eco-friendly packaging market also provides you with a detailed market analysis for every country's growth in the installed base of different kinds of products for the market, the impact of technology using lifeline curves and changes in infant formula regulatory scenarios, and their impact on the eco-friendly packaging market. The data is available for the historical period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and North America Eco-Friendly Packaging Market Share Analysis
North America eco-friendly packaging market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, North America presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company's focus related to the North America eco-friendly packaging market.
Some of the major players covered in the North America eco-friendly packaging report are WestRock Company, Berry Global Inc., Crown Holdings, Inc., Amcor plc, Sonoco Products Company, Ardagh Group S.A., DS Smith, Tetra Pak, Sealed Air, Smurfit Kappa, Huhtamaki, Pactiv Evergreen Inc., Ball Corporation, Printpack, Plastipak Holdings, Inc., Elopak, UFlex Limited, EMERALD PACKAGING, Mondi, Nampak Ltd., and others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In November 2021, Ardagh Group S.A. announced that it had agreed to acquire Consol Holdings Proprietary Limited, the leading producer of glass packaging on the African continent, for an equity value of ZAR10.1 billion ($635 million). It serves a broad range of leading international, regional and domestic customers, principally in the beer, wine, spirits, food, and non-alcoholic beverage sectors. This will strengthen the company's position in the international market
Customization Available: North America Eco-Friendly Packaging Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market, and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.