North America Explosion Proof Mobile Communication Devices Market, By Product Type (Smartphones and Cell Phones, Handheld PC, Tablets, Headsets, Two-way Radios, Speaker Microphone, Smartwatch, Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs)), Material Type (Fire Resistant Composite (FRP), Polymer Matrix Composites (PMC), Glass Reinforced Polyesters (GRP)), Component (Hardware, Software, Services), Connectivity (Bluetooth, LTE, WiFi, NFC), Application (Normal Level Safety, High Level Safety, Extremely High Level Safety), Zone (Zone 0, Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 20 & 21, Zone 22), Location (Indoor, Outdoor), End User (Oil and Gas, Mining, Manufacturing and Processing, Chemical and Petrochemical, Refining, Pharmaceutical, Military and Defense, Energy), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Explosion Proof Mobile Communication Devices Market
Explosion proof mobile communication devices market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 8.3% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 578.26 million by 2027. Awareness on the usage of devices at hazardous places is the major driver which propels the demand of the market in the forecast period.
The wide usage of explosion proof mobile communication due to raising strict regulations imposed by the government and benefits associated in various verticals of usage of mobile communication by the operators and workers is expected to drive the growth. The growing trends with advancement in features and connectivity have established an opportunity for the market. However, varied norms across different geographies acts as restraint the market growth in the forecast period.
The explosion proof mobile communication devices market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Explosion Proof Mobile Communication Devices Market Scope and Market Size
Explosion proof mobile communication devices market is segmented on the basis of product type, material type, component, connectivity, application, zone, location and end user.
- On the basis of product type, the explosion proof mobile communication devices market is segmented into smartphones and cell phones, handheld PC, tablets, headsets, two-way radios, speaker microphone, smartwatch, personal digital assistants (PDAS) and others. All the segments of product type except others are further categorized by zone type into Zone 1, 21 , Zone 2, 22 , Zone 0, 20. In 2020, smartphones and cell phones accounted the largest market share as these devices are widely used due to its calling, messaging and camera applications. Also, it offers most of the connectivity features such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and LTE.
- On the basis of material type, the explosion proof mobile communication devices market is segmented into fire resistant composite (FRP), polymer matrix composites (PMC), glass reinforced polyesters (GRP) and others. In 2020, material type segment is dominated by fire resistant composite (FRP) as it provides higher range of temperature sustenance and has better fire resistance properties. Also, it does not release any combustible vapours during fire which act as a barrier fire situations.
- On the basis of component, the explosion proof mobile communication devices market is segmented into hardware, software and services. Hardware is further sub segmented into cameras, sensor/gyroscope, battery and others. Camera is further segmented into thermal imaging cameras, optical cameras. The services are further sub segmented into testing, maintenance and support and implementation and integration. In 2020, hardware holds largest market share in component segment considering hardware are the main part of the explosion proof mobile communication devices; whereas software and services are add-on part to the hardware segment. Also, hardware requires higher cost than software and services.
- On the basis of connectivity, the explosion proof mobile communication devices market is segmented into bluetooth, LTE, WiFi and NFC. In 2020, bluetooth dominates the connectivity segment considering most of the devices have in-built Bluetooth connectivity and it can work in no network situations also. However, LTE is growing at higher rate as this technology is being rapidly adopted in smartphones for better internet connectivity..
- On the basis of application, the explosion proof mobile communication devices market is segmented into normal level safety, high level safety and extremely high level safety. In 2020, application segment is dominated by high level safety as most of the manufacturers offer devices suitable to high level safety. ,also, high level safety devices can serve most of the hazardous situation.
- On the basis of zone, the explosion proof mobile communication devices market is segmented into zone 0, zone 1, zone 2, zone 20 & 21 and zone 22. In 2020, Zone 1 holds the largest market share in zone segment and is expected to grow at higher rate considering devices manufactured by leading manufacturers are suitable for Zone 1 situations. Also, in zone 1 situations mobile communication devices are allowed to operate which may not be allowed to use in Zone 0.
- On the basis of location, the explosion proof mobile communication devices market is segmented into indoor and outdoor. In 2020, outdoor holds the largest market share in location segment and is expected to grow at higher rate due to occurrence of hazardous situations or explosion situations mostly occur outdoors considering abundant availability of oxygen.
- On the basis of end user, the explosion proof mobile communication devices market is segmented into oil and gas, mining, manufacturing and processing, chemical and petrochemical, refining, pharmaceutical, military and defense, energy and others. In 2020, oil and gas dominates the end user segment and expected to grow at higher rate as oil and gas fields have higher chance of explosions due to inflammable properties which requires rugged devices for low radiation and better safety.
Explosion Proof Mobile Communication Devices Market Country Level Analysis
The explosion proof mobile communication devices market is analysed and market size information is provided by product type, material type, component, connectivity, application, zone, location and end user.
The countries covered in Explosion proof mobile communication devices market report are the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
The North America region holds largest market share in the market due to presence of the U.S. which holds the majority of companies under it performing continuous research and development activities in mobile communication devices.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as sales, ATEX approval, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America rugged and explosion proof mobile devices manufacturers and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Demand for Wireless Connectivity Solution
Wireless technology is employed efficiently to transfer data over long distances. When wireless technology was created, designers had access to a lot of new applications. Since wireless technology is an electromagnetic communication medium, wave frequencies that can be used by satellites and infrared rays do not need cables and are emitted through the air. The growing wireless demand for connectivity and operations to retrieve data and its online monitoring have fuelled the growth of the market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Explosion Proof Mobile Communication Devices Market Share Analysis
Explosion proof mobile communication devices market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to explosion proof mobile communication devices market.
The major players covered in the report are Sonim Technologies Inc., Zebra Technologies Corp., Getac Technology Corp., KYOCERA Corporation, Panasonic Corporation of North America, Ascom, JVCKENWOOD USA Corporation, Caterpillar, Extronics, Extech Safety Systems, AGM Mobile, Aegex Technologies, LLC, FCG Hi-Tech Pvt Ltdand among others.
DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch, approval, partnership and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the explosion proof mobile communication devices market.
- In March 2020, Getac Technology Corp. launched ZX70 tablet in the market which specializes in fully rugged portable laptops to enhance utilities, manufacturing and transport & logistics (T&L) sectors whose purpose is to build productivity and reduce downtime for mobile field professionals. The new product will add new customers to the company.
- In Feburary 2020, Aegex Technologies, LLC and AgilePQ announced its partnership in order to provide cutting edge technologies which provide quantum safe data security on hazardous environment sensors platform. This partnership will help in providing secure connection to its customers adding more customers in its portfolio.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the Explosion proof mobile communication devices market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for explosion proof mobile communication devices.