North America Foot and Ankle Devices Market By Products (Orthopedic Implants and Devices, Bracing and Support Devices, Prostheses), Application (Trauma, Hammertoe, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Others), End User (Hospitals, Trauma Centers, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Speciality Clinics, Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Humans are sometimes at risk of suffering the traumatic incidents in the lower and upper extremities which would sometime cause permanent muscle injuries preventing people from performing some daily activities. Moreover, there are various neuromuscular diseases which require immediate treatment for avoiding more severe and permanent damages. The foot and ankle devices can be used during different foot and ankle surgical procedures or in the treatment of foot and ankle injuries. Various types of foot and ankle surgical procedures are performed including the correction of bunion deformities, arthritic joints, rheumatoid feet, plantar fasciitis and treatment of the diabetes related sores. Growing incidence of diabetes and the foot related disorders is driving the market demand of foot and ankle devices.
North America foot and ankle devices market is projected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: North America Foot and Ankle Devices Market
North America foot and ankle devices market is segmented into three notable segments which are products, application and end user.
- On the basis of products, the market is segmented into orthopaedic implants and devices, bracing and support devices, prostheses.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into trauma, hammertoe, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, others.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, trauma centers, ambulatory surgical centers, speciality clinics, others.
Competitive Analysis: North America Foot and Ankle Devices Market
Some of the major players operating in the North America foot and ankle devices market are Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Arthrex Inc., Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, Wright Medical Group N.V., Smith & Nephew, Ottobock, JEIL MEDICAL CORPORATION, Acumed LLC, Extremity Medical, Osteotec, Response Ortho, VILEX IN TENNESSEE, INC., Globus Medical, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Össur Corporate among others.
- In February 2019, Integra LifeSciences Corporation has announced the launch of the Integra Panta 2 TTC Arthrodesis Nail System for tibio-talocalcaneal (TTC) ankle fusion due to extreme arthritis. The Panta 2 TTC Arthrodesis Nautical System has been designed and produced by orthopaedic theorists James Brodsky, MD, Christian Royer, MD, and Ari Kaz, MD., with implant surgeon and clinician developments in the area of successful tube fusion. With this launch the company introduces a new nautical system in the market to increase their market share and values.
- In July 2018, Globus Medical Inc. Confirmed the extension of their array of orthopedic trauma services with two new product offerings, The ANTHEM Ankle Faulting System and the ANTHEM Proximal Humerus Fracture System. With this launch, their aim is to develop systems to help streamline the workflow, increase flexibility, minimize maintenance time and enhance patient care with every new product release.
- In May 2016, Acumed LLC had introduced innovative products such as Acumed Ankle Plating System 3 and Small Fragment Base Set for treating fractures of the distal fibula and tibia. This launch will help to increase the product line and profit margin of a company.
Research Methodology: North America Foot and Ankle Devices Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Researchers, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Distributors, Medical and Industrial Professionals. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and National Sales Managers.