North America Forestry Equipment Market, By Type (Felling Equipment, Extracting Equipment, On-Site Processing Equipment, Cutting and Loading Equipment and Other Equipment), Product (Delimbers, Feller Bunchers, Stump Grinders, Mulchers, Yarders, Forwarders, Log Loaders, Harvesters, Skidders, Timber Transport Trucks, Chippers for Energy-Wood and Others), Power Source (Petrol, Battery, Electric Corded, Cordless and Others), Material (Metal, Plastic, Wood, Recycled Plastics, Synthetic Resin and Others), Forest Type (Natural, Man-Made, Tree Plantations), System Type (Full-Tree Systems, Short Wood Systems and Tree-Length Systems), Technique (Tree Felling, Topping and Debranching, Debarking, Extraction, Log Making/Cross-Cutting, Scaling, Sorting and Piling, Loading and Others), Distribution Channel (Third Party Distributors, B2B/Direct Sales, E-Commerce, Brand Websites, Specialty Stores and Others), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The forestry equipment market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 5.5% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 3,628.41 million by 2028. Increasing adoption of automation in different industries is aiding the growth of the forestry equipment market.
Forestry equipment are used for logging, the equipment aid in cutting, processing, loading and transportation of logs to desired locations such as mil for further processing as the woods are extremely tall and heavy and require heavy machinery to cut and lift them. Traditionally, the work was done manually but involved several injuries at the site and the project used to take much longer. Logging is the beginning process for providing wood as a raw material to be used in many applications such as housing, energy, construction and consumer paper products. Logging systems are also used for managing forests, reducing the risk of wildfires and restoring ecosystem functions.
The high production of round wood requires forestry equipment for the purpose of cutting, processing, lifting and loading, thus increasing the growth of the forestry equipment market. The high cost put in the harvesting is increased majorly because of the initial cost put in for buying the machinery. These machineries are heavy duty vehicles and require high maintenance cost. The increased cost to the overall production is thus limiting the growth of the forestry equipment market. Over the years, technical developments in forest equipment have led to improved productivity in forestry facilities. This has helped in increasing the productivity and reducing the cost which is acting as a major window of opportunity for the growth of the forestry equipment market. The increase in cost due to hydraulic system leakage is highly challenging for the companies and thus acts as major challenge for the growth of the forestry equipment market.
This forestry equipment market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the forestry equipment market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The forestry equipment market is segmented on the basis of type, product, power source, material, forest type, system type, technique and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the forestry equipment market is segmented into felling equipment, extracting equipment, on-site processing equipment, cutting and loading equipment and other equipment. In 2021, felling equipment segment is dominating as this is basically utilized for tree cutting such as timber, pine trees and is even stated to be the first process of cutting the trees.
- On the basis of product, the forestry equipment market is segmented into delimbers, feller bunchers, stump grinders, mulchers, yarders, forwarders, log loaders, harvesters, skidders, timber transport trucks, chippers for energy-wood and others. In 2021, harvesters segment holds the largest market share in product segment as it is cost effective solution for harvesting trees directly.
- On the basis of power source, the forestry equipment market is segmented into petrol, electric corded, battery, cordless and others. In 2021, petrol segment has been accounted for the highest market share in power source segment as the engines of equipment is powered by petrol for producing more power for work to be done on the field.
- On the basis of material, the forestry equipment market is segmented into metal, wood, plastic, recycled plastics, synthetic resin and others. In 2021, metal segment is dominating in material segment as this equipment is made of metal to provide high strength and durability for work.
- On the basis of forest type, the forestry equipment market is segmented into man-made, tree plantations and natural. In 2021, man-made segment dominates the forest type segment as man-made timber plantations are grown for business where forest equipment is used.
- On the basis of system type, the forestry equipment market is segmented into full-tree systems, short wood systems and tree-length systems. In 2021, full-tree systems segment is the dominating segment in the system type segment as it the most adopted systems for cutting of trees.
- On the basis of technique, the forestry equipment market is segmented into tree felling, topping and debranching, debarking, extraction, log making/cross-cutting, scaling, sorting and piling, loading and others. In 2021, debarking segment is the dominating segment in technique type segment as this is the initial and necessary technique for tree cutting.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the forestry equipment is segmented into B2B/direct sales, third party distributors, specialty stores, brand websites, e-commerce and others. In 2021, B2B/direct sales segment is the dominating segment in the distribution channel segment as it has maximum reach to the customers.
North America Forestry Equipment Market Country Level Analysis
North America forestry equipment market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, type, product, power source, material, forest type, system type, technique and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in North America forestry equipment market report are the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
The U.S. dominates in the North America forestry equipment market as it is the largest manufacturer and service providers of the forestry equipment and heavy research and development investments are taking place in the country.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Forestry Equipment
The forestry equipment market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in forestry equipment and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the forestry equipment market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Forestry Equipment Market Share Analysis
The forestry equipment market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, North America presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America forestry equipment market.
The major players covered in the North America forestry equipment market report are INDUSTRIAS GUERRA, SA, Palmse Mehaanikakoda, CRANAB AB, Komatsu Forest (a subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd.), Quadco Inc., Southstar Equipment, Rotobec, Waratah (a subsidiary of Deere & Company), SP Maskiner, Log Max AB among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of forestry equipment market.
- In September 2020, Komatsu Forest (a subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd.) announced the launch of S162E as a new harvester head. The new harvester head is specially designed for the harvesting of eucalyptus and is equipped with more robust frame construction. The new product increased the product portfolio of the company.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for forestry equipment through expanded range of size.