North America Grain Oriented Electrical Steel Market, By Type (Domain Refined, Conventional), Thickness (0.23 MM,0.27 MM ,0.30 MM 0.35 MM, 0.5 MM, 0.65 MM and Others), Form (Laminated Sheets, Wounds Sheets, and Punched Sheets), Silicone Content (Below 3%, and 3% or More), Distribution Channel (Online and Offline), Application (Transformers, Power Generators, Motors, Battery, Shunt Reactors, Wound Cores and Others), End-User (Energy & Power, Automotive, Household Appliances, Building & Construction, Aviation and Others), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Grain oriented electrical steel market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 6.9% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 2,168,002.87 thousand by 2028.
Grain oriented electrical steel is an important material in the production of energy efficient transformers and large, high performance generators. In the form of laminated, wound or punched sheets, it is the essential core material of distribution transformers, power transformers and small transformers. Grain oriented electrical steel materials are typically used in power, instrument and current transformers, as well as cores for High-voltage direct current (HVDC) transmission systems.
Increasing demand of steel in motors of hybrid/electrical vehicles is driving the market growth. Rising demand of the high permeability grades alloy core and weight reduction materials in power industry is acting as a potential market driver for the market. Also, the rising change in electric generation by sustainable energy sources, increasing the sales and profit of the players operating in the market.
The major restraint impacting the grain oriented electrical steel market is the dynamic changes in temperature lowers the strength and magnetic properties. Further, inadequate electronics waste disposal procedures will also restraint the market growth. The opportunities for the grain oriented electrical steel market are the increasing demand for electrical steel in energy storage systems.
This grain oriented electrical steel market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America grain oriented electrical steel market is segmented of the basis into type, thickness, form, silicone content, distribution channel, application and end-user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the grain oriented electrical steel market is segmented into domain refined and conventional. In 2021, domain refined segment is expected to dominate in North America due to its low core loss at high flux density.
- On the basis of thickness, the grain oriented electrical steel market is segmented into 0.23 MM, 0.27 MM, 0.30 MM 0.35 MM, 0.5 MM, 0.65 MM and others. In 2021, 0.23 MM is expected to dominate in North America because as it is more used in rotating electrical machines.
- On the basis of form, the grain oriented electrical steel market is segmented into laminated sheets, wounds sheets and punched sheets. In 2021, laminated sheets is expected to dominate in North America because it increases the electrical resistivity and reduces the current loss.
- On the basis of silicon content, the grain oriented electrical steel market is segmented into below 3% and 3% or more. In 2021, 3% or more is expected to dominate in North America due to growing demand of sustainable products offering balanced electrical and magnetic properties.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the grain oriented electrical steel market is segmented into online and offline. In 2021, offline is expected to dominate because it is considered to be more convenient method in comparison to other channel as the bulk products can be transported easily.
- On the basis of application, the grain oriented electrical steel market is segmented into transformers, power generators, motors, battery, shunt reactors, wound cores and others. In 2021, transformers are expected to dominate due to the increasing demand of electrical power consumption in the region.
- On the basis of end-user, the non-grain oriented steel market is segmented into energy & power, automotive, household appliances, building & construction, aviation and others. In 2021, energy and power are expected to dominate as grain oriented steel is more used in the generators & transformers for the supply of the electrical energy.
Grain Oriented Electrical Steel Market, By Type
North America grain oriented electrical steel market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, thickness, form, silicone content, distribution channel, application and end-user.
The countries covered in the grain oriented electrical steel market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America.
- In the U.S., the demand of the domain refined is increasing due to its low core loss at high flux density. In Canada, the demand of the domain refined is increasing due to rise in demand for high quality electrical steel in various applications. In Mexico, the demand of domain refined is increasing as demand for transformers is increasing for electricity supply & distribution in the country.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growth in the Grain Oriented Electrical Steel Industry
North America grain oriented electrical steel market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for grain oriented electrical steel market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in infant formula regulatory scenarios and their impact on the grain oriented electrical steel market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Grain Oriented Electrical Steel Market Share Analysis
North America grain oriented electrical steel market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to North America grain oriented electrical steel market.
The major players covered in the report are POSCO, thyssenkrupp AG, NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION, JFE Steel Corporation, Cleveland-Cliffs Inc., aperam,TC Metal, Mapes and Sprowl, Tempel, Arnold Magnetic Technologies, NLMK, Lamination Specialties, BRS. (Subsidiary of United States Steel Corporation.), Laser Technologies, Inc. and Baosteel Group, among other players domestic and regional. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In March 2021, Arnold Magnetic Technologies. Announced the acquisition of Ramco Electric Motors, Inc., manufacturer of stators, rotors, and full electric motors. The company expects to diversify its product portfolio and customer base via this acquisition.
- In May 2021, JFE Steel Corporation signed a Memorandum of Understanding with JSW Steel Limited (JSW), a Strategic Alliance Partner, to establish a Grain Oriented Electrical Steel Sheet Manufacturing & Sales Joint-Venture Company in India. With this development company is expecting to enhance its global footprint.
Customization Available: North America Grain Oriented Electrical Steel Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.