North America Heparin Market By Product Type (Unfractionated Heparin, Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH), Ultra-Low Molecular Weight Heparin (ULMWH), Mode of Administration (Oral Administration, Parenteral Administration), Source (Bovine, Porcine), Ingredients(Sodium, Calcium, Others), Availability (Raw, Processed), Treatment (Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism, Arterial Thromboembolism, Others), Application (Pre-Surgical Procedures, Post-Surgical Procedures, Kidney Dialysis, Diagnostic Tests, Others), Therapeutics (Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Oncology, Nephrology, CNS, Others), Strength (10 Unit, 100 Unit, 1000 Unit, 5000 Unit, 10000 Unit, 25000 Unit, Others), Type (Generics, Brands), Container (Bottles, Bags, Vials, Others), Packaging (Glass, Plastic), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Homecare, Ambulatory Surgical Centres, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy & Drug Store, Online Pharmacy, Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Heparin is medication is used to prevent and treat blood clots. It is used to treat blood clotting disorders. It is also used to prevent blood clots after surgery, during blood transfusions, dialysis, and blood samples. It helps in smooth blood flowing by releasing anti-clotting protein. It is known as an anticoagulant. It is also used in diagnose and treatment of disseminated intravascular coagulation, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, and arterial thromboembolism. It cannot dissolve blood clots but only prevent the clots from becoming larger and causing more serious problems. Heparin is an animal-derived product, derived from mucosal tissues of slaughtered meat animals.
Heparin is used for Diagnosis of heart attacks and unstable angina, Inhibition of cancer, metabolic disorders, and hepatitis, as an anti-inflammatory drug in injuries as Anti-Coagulants in blood sampling.
North America heparin market is projected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: North America Heparin Market
North America Heparin market is segmented into fourteen notable segments which are product type, mode of administration, source, ingredients, availability, treatment, application, therapeutics, strength, brands, Type, container, packaging, end user, distribution channel.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into unfractionated heparin, low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) and ultra-low molecular weight heparin (ULMWH)
- On the basis of mode of administration, the market is segmented into oral administration and parenteral administration
- On the basis of source, the market is segmented into bovine and porcine
- On the basis of ingredients, the market is segmented into sodium and calcium and others
- On the basis of availability, the market is segmented into raw, and processed
- On the basis of treatment, the market is segmented into deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, arterial thromboembolism and others
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into pre-surgical procedures, post-surgical procedures, kidney dialysis, diagnostic tests and others
- On the basis of therapeutics, the market is segmented into cardiovascular, respiratory, oncology, nephrology, CNS and others
- On the basis of strength, the market is segmented into 10 unit, 100 unit, 1000 unit, 5000 unit, 10000 unit, 25000 unit and others
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into generics and brands
- On the basis of container, the market is segmented into bottles, bags, vials and others
- On the basis of packaging, the market is segmented into glass and plastic
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, homecare, ambulatory surgical centers and others
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy & drug store, online pharmacy and others
Competitive Analysis: North America Heparin Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Sanofi, Pfizer Inc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd , Mylan N.V., Aspen Holdings, changzhaou Qianhong Bio-pharma Co., ltd., Eisai Co., Ltd., Fresenius Kabi AG, Hebei Changshan Biochemical Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, LEO Pharma A/S, Nanjing Jianyou Biochemical Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Novartis AG, OPOCRIN S.P.A, SARIA SE & Co. KG, Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co., Ltd, Shenzhen Hepalink Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd., Shenzhen Techdow Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Yino Pharma Limited, and among others.
- In August 2018, Fresenius Kabi launched four new Heparin Sodium in freeflex containers. It is advance IV-container technology. The major advantage of this product launch is to expand the portfolio of convenient, ready-to-administer medicines in non-DEHP bags as well as in prefilled syringes.
- In December 2017, Mylan N.V. received FDA approval for its Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDAs) for Heparin Sodium Injection USP, 1,000 USP/mL, 5,000 USP/mL, 10,000 USP/mL, and 20,000 USP/mL, all of which are packaged in multi-dose vials. Adding this product in their product line will generate revenue for the company and help the company in expanding its product portfolio in the market.
- In February 2015, Pfizer Inc. spent USD 17,000 million to acquire Hospira which deals with biosimilar—generic versions of biologic drugs, made from living cells biologic drugs. The deal includes the commercial rights for anticoagulant heparin sodium which will help the company in generating the revenue and growth in the heparin market.
Research Methodology: North America Heparin Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Researchers, Distributors and Pharmacologist, Industrialists.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.