North America Human Insulin Drugs and Delivery Devices Market By Drugs (Basal or Long Acting Insulins, Bolus or Fast-Acting Insulins, Traditional Human Insulins, Combination Insulins, Biosimilar Insulins), Device (Insulin Pumps, Insulin Pens, Insulin Syringes, Insulin Jet Injectors), Delivery Devices (Syringes, Pens, Pen Needles), Application (Type II Diabetes, Type II Diabetes), Product (HI Drugs, HI Delivery Devices), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Sales, Diabetes Clinics/ Centers, Other), End User (Hospitals & Clinics, Homecare, Specialty Centers), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: North America Human Insulin Drugs and Delivery Devices Market
North America human insulin drugs and delivery devices market is registering a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. The rise in the market can be attributed due to increase in the number of diabetic people which is a major factor contributing to the growth of the market
Market Definition: North America Human Insulin Drugs and Delivery Devices Market
The rise in the sugar levels of the people due to an unhealthy lifestyle which has become a major factor for diabetes. The surging diabetic rate is a major factor driving the need for human insulin drugs and delivery devices. These insulin drugs and delivery devices are needed for injecting the insulin in the human body. Insulin is generally used to control the sugar levels in the body and is given orally or by delivery devices. The insulin is generally used by doctors to cure Type I diabetes and Type II diabetes.
- The surge in the diabetic patients is driving the market growth
- The technological advancements are fueling the market growth
- The surge in the demand for HI Analogs is boosting the market growth
- Rise in the exposure to key risk factors which leads to diabetes is propelling the market growth
- The manufacturing of delivery devices is high which hiders the market growth
- The various stringent norms for the product approval is hampering the market growth
Segmentation: North America Human Insulin Drugs and Delivery Devices Market
- Basal or Long Acting Insulins
- Bolus or Fast-Acting Insulins
- Traditional Human Insulins
- Combination Insulins
- Biosimilar Insulins
- Insulin Glargine Biosimilars
- Human Insulin Biosimilars
- Insulin Pumps
- Insulin Pump Devices
- Insulin Pump Reservoirs
- Insulin Infusion sets
- Insulin Pens
- Cartridges in reusable pens
- Disposable Insulin Pens
- Insulin Syringes
- Insulin Jet Injectors
By Delivery Devices
- Disposable Pens
- Reusable Pens
- Pen Needles
- Standard Pen Needles
- Safety Pen Needles
- Type I Diabetes
- Type II Diabetes
- HI Drugs
- HI Delivery Devices
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Sales
- Diabetes Clinics/ Centers
By End User
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Specialty Centers
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2019, Novo Nordisk A/S will be launching its new plant in the U.S. of insulin affordability offerings. The NovoLog and NovoLog mixes will be available in the form of pens and vials at the 50% cost deduction. These offering will be for the people who are not covered under insurance. The launch had expanded the product portfolio in the U.S. market and enabled the treatment of people who are not insured at a reduced price.
- In July 2017, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp had announced that it had received the FDA approval for LUSDUNA Nexvue 100 units/mL. It is an insulin glargine injection that has met all the safety and regulatory requirements for nonclinical and clinical safety, quality and efficiency. The launch had expanded the offering in the U.S. market.
North America human insulin drugs and delivery devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of human insulin drugs and delivery devices market for U.S., Canada and Mexico
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the North America human insulin drugs and delivery devices market are Medtronic, BD, YPSOMED, Insulet Corporation, Julphar, Biocon, Eli Lilly and Company, Sanofi, Novo Nordisk A/S, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline plc. and Pfizer Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: North America Human Insulin Drugs and Delivery Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of North America human insulin drugs and delivery devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)