North America Hydrophobic Coatings Market, By Product (Polysiloxanes, Fluoropolymers, Fluoro-Alkylsilanes, Titanium Dioxide, Others), Substrate Type (Metal, Glass, Polymer, Ceramics, Concrete, Textiles), Coating Layer (Single Layer and Multi-Layer), Application Method (Dip Coating, Brushing, Roll Coating, Spraying, Others), Function (Anti-Corrosion, Anti-Microbial, Anti-Fouling, Anti-Icing/Wetting, Self-Cleaning, Others), Grade (Food Grade, Industrial Grade, Others), Distribution Channel (Offline and Online), End-User (Automotive, Electronics, Building & Construction, Marine, Textiles, Healthcare, Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Food & Beverages, Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Hydrophobic Coatings Market
The North America hydrophobic coatings market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 6.3% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 115,545.35 thousand by 2028. The growing adoption of different types of hydrophobic coatings across various industrial sectors has accelerated the demand for such coatings in the North America hydrophobic coatings market.
Hydrophobic coating is a microscopically thin layer which could be applied to a variety of surfaces and thus render them water-repellent. Hydrophobic coatings are a form of nanotechnology that could be used in various industrial domains such as aerospace, automotive, marine, electronics and so on. It can be applied to a wide range of products and materials such as building & construction materials, textiles and more.
The increasing use of hydrophobic coatings in guidewires and catheters in the medical industry, anti-corrosive coatings in maritime industry and protective coatings in the aerospace industry has driven the hydrophobic coatings market in the recent years.
Growing adoption of hydrophobic coating across various industrial domains, increasing utilization of hydrophobic coatings in catheters and guidewires and increasing demand for anti-corrosive coating in the marine structures are the several factors which help to boost the demand of the hydrophobic coatings market. However, stringent government policies and laws for handling the associated chemicals and lack of awareness pertaining to the compatibility between substrate type and coating are expected to hamper the growth of hydrophobic coatings in the North America market.
This hydrophobic coatings market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America hydrophobic coatings market can be categorized into eight notable segments which are based on the product, substrate type, coating layer, application method, function, grade, distribution channel and end-user.
- On the basis of product, North America hydrophobic coatings market is segmented into polysiloxanes, fluoropolymers, fluoro-alkylsilanes, titanium dioxide and others. In 2021, the polysiloxanes segment is expected to dominate as these products have excellent color and gloss retention which makes polysiloxanes dominate the region.
- On the basis of substrate type, North America hydrophobic market can be segmented into metal, glass, polymer, ceramics, concrete and textiles. In 2021, the metal segment is expected to dominate as metal grades tend to be stronger, harder, and more durable than their plastic counterparts.
- On the basis of coating layer, North America hydrophobic coatings market can be segmented into single layer and multi-layer. In 2021, multi-layer segment is expected to dominate as these coatings have multi-layer which are highly resistant to water which boosts its demand during the forecast period.
- On the basis of application method, North America hydrophobic coatings market can be segmented into dip coating, brushing, roll coating, spraying and others. In 2021, spraying segment is expected to dominate the market due to the easy accessibility of small spraying cans in the region.
- On the basis of function, North America hydrophobic coatings market can be segmented into anti-corrosion, anti-microbial, anti-fouling, anti-icing/wetting, self-cleaning and others. In 2021, anti- corrosion segment is expected to dominate the market due to the rising demand of renovation and repairing of historic monuments which boosts its demand during the forecast period.
- On the basis of grade, North America hydrophobic coatings market can be segmented into food grade, industrial grade and others. In 2021, industrial grade segment is expected to dominate due to rising use of industrial paint in automotive sector which increases the demand for industrial grade.
- On the basis of distribution channel, hydrophobic coatings market can be segmented into offline and online. In 2021, online segment is expected to dominate as several grade of coating products as per material are available in online modes, which makes online segment to dominate in the region.
- On the basis of end-user, North America hydrophobic coatings can be segmented into automotive, electronics, building & construction, marine, textiles, healthcare, aerospace, oil & gas, food & beverages and others. In 2021, marine segment is expected to dominate the market because of the growing demand of heavy cargo marine ships.
Hydrophobic coatings market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, product, substrate type, coating layer, application method, function, grade, distribution channel and end-user as referenced above.
The countries covered in the North America hydrophobic coatings market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- In North America hydrophobic coatings market, U.S. is dominating the market due to increasing high metal material substrate products.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Demand of Hydrophobic coatings
Hydrophobic coatings market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in hydrophobic coatings and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the hydrophobic coatings market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Hydrophobic Coatings Market Share Analysis
Hydrophobic coatings market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, North America presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America hydrophobic coatings market.
The major players covered in the report are BASF SE, 3M, Akzo Nobel N.V., PPG Industries, Inc., ALLEGIANCE NANOSOLUTIONS, Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd., NTT Advanced Technology Corporation, NAONIX, CYTONIX, NanoSlic Smart Coatings, GVD Corporation, Lotus Leaf Coatings, Inc., NeverWet, LLC, NEI Corporation, Nanokote, HZO, Inc., P2i Ltd., and Aculon among other domestic and North America players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of hydrophobic coatings market.
- In 2021 June, Akzo Nobel N.V. and TNW began a partnership to connect with the passionate tech innovators. Both the companies work together to join the largest collaborative innovation ecosystem in the industry of paints and coatings. This new venture runs a variety of programs to accelerate innovations. It launches new ideas and solutions for paints and coatings industry. This development has helped the company to enhance its production methodologies by adopting new innovation techniques.
- In 2021 May, HZO, Inc announced that they have entered into a strategic alliance with Dymax, a coatings, and equipment provider. This partnership is mainly focused on the response to market demand for protective coatings. This partnership helps the company to enhance its credibility in the market
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for hydrophobic coatings through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: North America Hydrophobic Coatings Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.