North America Leak Detection Market, By Type (Upstream, Midstream and Downstream), Product Type (Handheld Gas Detectors, UAV-Based Detectors, Manned Aircraft Detectors and Vehicle-Based Detectors), Technology (Acoustic/Ultrasound, Pressure-Flow Deviation Methods, Extended Real-Time Transient Model (E-RTTM), Thermal Imaging, Mass/Volume Balance, Vapor Sensing, Laser Absorption and Lidar, Hydraulic Leak Detection, Negative Pressure Valves and Others), End user (Oil and Gas, Chemical Plant, Water Treatment Plant, Thermal Power Plant, Mining and Slurry and Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Leak Detection Market
Leak detection market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 8.1% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 8,542.86 million by 2028.
The term leak or leakage means an unintended crack, hole or porosity in an enveloping wall or joint of the pipes, batteries, sealed products, chambers or storage containers which must contain/transfer different fluids and gases. These cracks or holes allow the escape of fluids and gases from closed medium. The leakages must be identified at earliest to decrease the loss and harm causing to the environment, for which various leak detection sensors and instruments are used. The main function of leak detection system is the localization and size measurement of leaks in sealed products.
High number of pipeline leakages incidents and increasing integration of advanced technology in leak detectors are augmenting the leak detection market. For instance, In January 2020, FLIR Systems Inc. has launched FLIR GF77a, its first uncooled, fixed-mount, connected thermal camera for detecting methane and other industrial gases. With this new launch of optical gas imaging (OGI) series product, company has extended their product portfolio and will increase their customer base.
This leak detection market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Leak Detection Market Scope and Market Size
Leak detection market is segmented on the basis of type, product type, technology and end user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the leak detection market is segmented into upstream, midstream and downstream. In 2021, the midstream segment accounted largest market share as midstream segment basically deals with the transportation of crude oil and natural gas through various modes of transportation such as pipeline. These pipelines are needed to be protected against leakages to avoid leak incidents and cause loss of life and property. Thus, the midstream is dominating the type segment.
- On the basis of product type, the leak detection market is segmented into handheld gas detectors, UAV-based detectors, manned aircraft detectors and vehicle-based detectors. In 2021, vehicle-based detectors accounted largest market share as it can be easily mounted on a vehicle and be used for monitoring the pipelines through the moving vehicle. This is the most economical and fast way of detecting leaking and is therefore dominating the product type segment.
- On the basis of technology, the leak detection market is segmented into acoustic / ultrasound, fiber optic, pressure-flow deviation methods, extended real-time transient model (E-RTTM), thermal imaging, mass/volume balance, vapor sensing, laser absorption and LIDAR, hydraulic leak detection, negative pressure waves and others. In 2021, acoustic / ultrasound accounted largest market share as it offers faster detection of leakage and is low cost solution, moreover, it provides early detection and the loss can be prevented at an early stage, these factors lead to highest growth of acoustic/ultrasound in technology segment.
- On the basis of end user, the leak detection market is segmented into oil and gas, chemical plant, water treatment plants, thermal power plant, mining and slurry and others. In 2021, oil and gas accounted largest market share as this industry is a major user of leak detection system in order to prevent leakage of crude oil and gas and methane emission. The leakage can lead to severe loss of life and property. Moreover, several government regulations to prevent leak incidents have increased the demand of leak detection in oil and gas industry.
Leak Detection Market Country Level Analysis
Leak detection market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, product type, technology and end user.
The countries covered in North America leak detection market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico.
The U.S. accounted for maximum share in the leak detection market, due to presence of large manufacturing companies and strict rules and regulations regarding leak detection.
The country section of the leak detection market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export analysis are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
High Number of Pipeline Leakages Incidents
Leak detection market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in leak detection and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the leak detection market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Leak Detection Market Share Analysis
Leak detection market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to leak detection market.
Some of the major players operating in the leak detection market are FLIR SYSTEMS, Inc., ABB, Honeywell International Inc., Siemens Energy, Pentair, ClampOn AS, Schneider Electric, Atmos International, Xylem, Emerson Electric Co., KROHNE Messtechnik GmbH, PERMA-PIPE International Holdings, Inc., TTK, MSA, HIMA, AVEVA Group plc, Yokogawa Electric Corporation, INFICON, Fotech Group Ltd., Asel-Tech Inc., Hawk Measurement Systems and OptaSense Ltd. and among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of leak detection market.
- In January 2020, FLIR Systems Inc. has launched FLIR GF77a, its first uncooled, fixed-mount, connected thermal camera for detecting methane and other industrial gases. With this new launch of optical gas imaging (OGI) series product, company has extended their product portfolio and will increase their customer base.
Production expansion, new product development and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for leak detection.
Customization Available: North America Leak Detection Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.