North America Marine Ingredients Market By Product Type (Fish Meal, Fish Oil, Marine Proteins, Marine Peptides, Marine Collagen, Fish Bone, Others), Ingredients (Protein, Ash, Fatty Acids, Vitamins, Fat, Enzymes, Others), Form (Liquid, Powder), Raw Material (Whole Fish, By-Product), Source (Krill, Algae, Fish, Squid, Others), Application (Animal and Aquaculture Feed, Pet Food, Dietary Supplements, Food & Beverages, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care and Cosmetics, Others), Country (U.S., Mexico, Canada) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Marine ingredients are extracted from innumerable marine species which are inhabitants of water bodies such as sea, pond, lake, river and ocean and the marine species includes krill, algae, fishes and squid. The marine ingredients which are highly rich in nutrition are obtained by variety of fishes such as salmon, hoki, tuna, jack mackerel, herring, cod, trout, sandeel, and others. Marine ingredients are nutritious products that are intended for animal feed and human consumption. Marine ingredients consist of marine proteins, marine peptides, marine collagen, fish meal, fish oil and fish bone. The fish meal and fish oil are widely consumed by end users. Marine proteins and peptides are derived by enzyme hydrolysis.
North America marine ingredients market is projected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: North America Marine Ingredients Market
North America marine ingredients market is segmented into six notable segments which are product type, ingredients, form, raw material, source and application.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into fish meal, fish oil, marine proteins, marine peptides, marine collagen, fish bone and others
- On the basis of ingredients, the market is segmented into protein, ash, fatty acids, vitamins, fat, enzymes and others
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into liquid and powder
- On the basis of raw material, the market is segmented into whole fish and by-product
- On the basis of source, the market is segmented into krill, algae, fish, squid and others
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into animal and aquaculture feed, pet food, dietary supplements, food & beverages, pharmaceutical, personal care and cosmetics and others
Competitive Analysis: North America Marine Ingredients Market
Some of the major players operating in North America marine ingredients market are Cargill, Incorporated, Symrise, KD Pharma Group, Omega Protein Corporation, Abyss Ingredients, Algaia, American Seafoods Company LLC, Bio-marine Ingredients Ireland Ltd., COBIOSA, Gonmisol, Hofseth BioCare, Kodiak Fishmeal Company, Nutrifish, OLVEA, Pacific Seafood, Pelagia AS, TerraMar Ingredients, Sea Pride LLC, The Scoular Company, Vesteraalens AS among others.
- In September 2019, Omega Protein Corporation received Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) standards after final consent by an independent adjudicator. This standard is stringent and most reliable indicators of seafood sustainability. This will help to grow the Atlantic Menhaden Fishery business of the company.
- In June 2017, Cargill, Incorporated started newer nutrition research laboratory in Dirdal, Norway. This new lab helps to enhance the aquaculture research as well as development capacity of the company by interaction of nutrients, raw materials and feed manufacturing. This will boost the product development programs and will help to launch new solutions and products.
- In June 2017, Cargill, Incorporated opened an aquaculture feed line. This will strengthen the business of the company. This new line helps customers in agricultural areas of Ha Nam, Thai Binh, Hanoi and the broader North Central Vietnam region. This line decreases delivery time and helps fish farmers to produce healthy seafood, which will ultimately raise their output and will decrease the cost of production per kilogram.
Research Methodology: North America Marine Ingredients Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Food and Beverages Experts, Manufacturers, Researchers, Distributors and Industrialists. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and National Sales Managers.