North America Medical Nonwoven Market By Type (Spunbond, Spun-melt-spun (SMS), Drylaid, Wetlaid, Meltblown, Others), Product Type (Hygiene Technology, Apparel Products), Usability (Disposable, Reusable), Distribution Channel (Direct Tenders, Retail), End-User (Hospitals, Clinics, Home Healthcare, Laboratory, Ambulatory Surgical Centres, Others), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Nonwovens are the high-tech and unique engineered fabrics that are made from fibers used for a variety of products and applications. Non-woven fabric offers superior performance due to its design and properties such as absorbency, barrier properties, tear resistance, tensile strength, air permeability and abrasion resistance.
Non-woven fabrics are used as an alternate to the polyurethane foam and their cost is highly dependent on the type and cost of raw materials used in the production process. A large volume of non-woven fabric is produced at a lower cost as compared to other woven and knitting fabrics with the same amount of raw materials. The most popular techniques for medical nonwovens are spunbonding, meltblowing and their composites (SMS) in specific end uses. Due to these technologies, medical nonwovens are used widely in wound care.
Increasing hospital acquired infection (HAI) is favouring the market and is leading to growth in demand for North America medical nonwoven market.
North America medical nonwoven market is expected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 -2026.
Segmentation: North America Medical Nonwoven Market
North America medical nonwoven market is segmented into five notable segments on the basis of type, product type, usability, distribution channel and end-user.
· On the basis of type, the market is segmented into spunbond, spun-melt-spun (SMS), drylaid, wetlaid, meltblown and others
Ø In January 2019, Fibertex Nonwovens acquired spun lace production plant in South Carolina, U.S. The acquisition of the new manufacturing plant will help the company to expand its footprints in North American market.
· On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into hygiene technology and apparel products.
Ø In November 2018, Fibertex Nonwovens invested in its research and development for the expansion of its manufacturing capacity to produce unique products for the filtration and medico industries.
· On the basis of usability, the market is segmented into disposable and reusable
Ø In August 2016, Berry Plastics Group, Inc. entered into an agreement with AEP Industries Inc., under which all the shares of AEP Industries Inc. were acquired by Berry for an amount of USD 765 million.
· On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct tenders and retail
Ø In April 2014, DeRoyal Industries, Inc. announced its agreement with MENODYS for supplying MENODYS’s LT10G reusable Magnetic Surgical Mat in over 70 countries.
· On the basis of end-user, the market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, home healthcare, laboratory, ambulatory surgical centres and others
Ø In August 2013, DeRoyal Industries, Inc. along with DeRoyal Global Healthcare Solutions, Limited announced their partnership agreement with Seaborne Group, Ltd. The partnership will help the company and its customers to get their products delivered in shorter lead times.
Some of the major players operating in this market are KRATON CORPORATION, Owens & Minor, Inc., Asahi Kasei Corporation, PFNonwovens Czech s.r.o., Freudenberg Performance Materials, Dynarex Corporation, Suominen Corporation, Berry North America Inc., Ahlstrom-Munksjö, Foshan Nanhai Bidefu Nonwoven Co., Ltd., Fibertex Nonwovens A/S, Fitesa, KCWW, TWE GmbH & Co. KG, Abena A/S, WPT Nonwovens Corp, Hogy Medical and others.
· In February 2019, WPT Nonwovens launched bi-component fiber nonwovens to be used in the products of feminine hygiene. The company developed an innovative technology that utilizes high quality bi-component fiber to produce feminine hygiene products.
· In January 2018, Dynarex Corporation announced the launch of innovate and bring fresh products to the market that enhance your medical care.
Research Methodology: North America Medical Nonwoven Market
Primary Respondents: Key Industry Participants, Subject-Matter Experts (SMEs), C-level Executives of Key Market Players, Market Intelligence Managers, National Sales Managers and Industry Consultants.