North America Multiple Sclerosis Treatment Market, By Disease Type (Relapsing–Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS), Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (SPMS), Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (PPMS) and Severe Relapsing–Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RES)), Treatment (Preventive Therapies, Abortive Therapies/Treatment of Acute Exacerbations and Symptomatic Therapies), Drug Type (Branded and Generic), Route of Administration (Oral and Parenteral), End User (Hospital, Homecare, Specialty Centers and Others), Distribution Channel (Retail Sales and Direct Tender), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Multiple sclerosis treatment market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 8.5% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 4,430.79 million by 2027.
Extensive research and development activity in multiple sclerosis treatment, increasing prevalence of multiple sclerosis, increasing need for better multiple sclerosis treatment options are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Multiple sclerosis is a type of autoimmune, chronic, inflammatory disease which affects the central nervous system, specifically brain and other tissues of the body. Multiple sclerosis is a type of demyelinating disease in which insulating damaged of nerve cells in the brain as well as spinal cord. In multiple sclerosis the treatment focuses on fast recovery, slowing the progression of the disease and reduces the symptoms of multiple sclerosis.
The symptoms of multiple sclerosis are depends on the amount of damage to the nerves and the form and position of affected nerves. The multiple sclerosis causes various types of symptoms, including vision loss, pain, fatigue and impaired coordination. This duration of disease, symptoms and severity are varying from person to person
Multiple sclerosis treatment demand has increased as compared to the precise year with increasing prevalence of multiple sclerosis along with the increasing need for better multiple sclerosis treatment options and rising government initiatives. Further, high cost of treatment and panels is expected to restraint the demand of multiple sclerosis treatment and expected to slow down the growth of the Multiple sclerosis treatment market in the forecasted period.
The multiple sclerosis treatment market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Multiple Sclerosis Treatment Market Scope and Market Size
North America multiple sclerosis treatment market is categorized into six notable segments which are based on disease type, treatment, drug type, route of administration, end user and distribution channel.
- On the basis of disease type, the North America multiple sclerosis treatment market is segmented into relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS), secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS), primary progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS) and severe relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis (RES). In 2020, relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) segment is dominating the multiple sclerosis treatment market because relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) has the highest prevalence rate. It is the most common form of multiple sclerosis at onset and accounts for about 85% of all cases.
- On the basis of treatment, the North America multiple sclerosis treatment market is segmented into preventive therapies, abortive therapies/treatment of acute exacerbations and symptomatic therapies. In 2020, preventive therapies segment is dominating the multiple sclerosis treatment market because of high R&D expenditure by large companies and as the immune system eats away at the protective covering of nerves, prevention is highly sought after.
- On the basis of drug type, the North America multiple sclerosis treatment market is segmented into branded and generic. In 2020, branded segment is dominating the multiple sclerosis treatment market because of large number of products which are being launched from time-to-time by several companies making it difficult for generics to take over the market.
- On the basis of route of administration, the North America multiple sclerosis treatment market is segmented into oral and parenteral. In 2020, oral segment is dominating the multiple sclerosis treatment market because of the large number of medication available in oral dosage form which promotes patient satisfaction and increases therapeutic compliance.
- On the basis of end user, the North America multiple sclerosis treatment market is segmented into hospital, homecare, specialty centers and others. In 2020, hospital segment is dominating the multiple sclerosis treatment market because hospitals are the primary place for the diagnosis and treatment of multiple sclerosis. Large number of patients visited the hospitals due to the presence of skilled professionals and advanced technology for the diagnosis.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the North America multiple sclerosis treatment market is segmented into retail sales and direct tender. In 2020, retail sales segment is dominating the multiple sclerosis treatment market because of the large number of products available according to the patient requirement. Moreover, retail sales focus heavily on the costs associated with overhead and they provide instant gratification.
Multiple sclerosis treatment Market Country Level Analysis
The multiple sclerosis treatment market is analysed and market size information is provided into six notable segments which are based on disease type, treatment, drug type, route of administration, end user and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the Multiple sclerosis treatment market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico.
The U.S. is expected to grow with the fastest CAGR in the forecasted period as in the North America, the demand for multiple sclerosis treatment is increasing very rapidly due to rapidly increasing geriatric population and increasing awareness regarding the treatment of multiple sclerosis.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Initiatives by manufactures is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Multiple sclerosis treatment Market
Multiple sclerosis treatment market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in aesthetic industry with multiple sclerosis treatment sales, impact of advancement in the multiple sclerosis treatment and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Multiple sclerosis treatment market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Multiple Sclerosis Treatment Market Share Analysis
Multiple sclerosis treatment market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Multiple sclerosis treatment market.
The major players covered in the North America multiple sclerosis treatment market report Genzyme Corporation (a subsidiary of Sanofi), Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (a subsidiary of Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Merck KGaA, Mallinckrodt, Pfizer Inc., Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Par Pharmaceutical (a subsidiary of Endo International plc), Mylan N.V., Novartis AG, Biogen, CELGENE CORPORATION (a subsidiary of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company), Lannett, Zydus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (a subsidiary of Zydus Cadila), Bayer AG, Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC and other North America players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the North America multiple sclerosis treatment market.
- In August 2020, Mylan N.V. launched the generic drug Dimethyl fumarate delayed release capsules 120 mg and 240 mg for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS). The newly launched drug is therapeutically equivalent to the Biogen's Tecfidera capsules. This new FDA approved drug launched by the company during the COVID-19 pandemic has increased its credibility in the market
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the multiple sclerosis treatment market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for North America multiple sclerosis treatment market.
Customization Available: North America Multiple Sclerosis Treatment Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.