North America Pen Needles Market By Product Type (Standard Pen Needles, Safety Pen Needles), Product Length (Medium Length, Nano Length, Long Length), Usability (Disposable, Reusable), Application (Diabetes, Growth Hormone Deficiency, Others), Therapy (Insulin, Glucagon-Like Peptide-1, Growth Hormones, Others), End User (Home Healthcare, Hospitals, Clinics, Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Needle manufacturers have developed needles to minimize pain and help to reduce skin trauma, majorly by innovating needle length and diameter, to maintain a sufficient inner lumen was the major challenge for needle manufacturers by maintaining acceptable low injection force. To maintain sufficient inner lumen manufacturer made thin needle walls, which reduced the needles robustness and increased chances of needles tip damage during administration, re-usage and during cap removal or handling.
Pen needles are used in pen devices to deliver injectable drug in diabetes and growth hormone deficiency to maintain blood sugar level. The World Health Organization and international diabetes federation has projected more than 50% rise in number of diabetes patients by 2045. Also, United Nation and World Health Organization has projected more than 100% rise in geriatric population in the globe, this rise will lead the global pen needles market.
North America pen needles market is projected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: North America Pen Needles Market
North America oligonucleotides synthesis market is segmented into six notable segments which are based on the basis of product type, product length, usability, application, therapy and end user.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into safety pen needles and standard pen needles.
- On the basis of product length, the market is segmented into medium length, nano length and long length.
- On the basis of usability, the market is segmented into disposable and reusable.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into diabetes, growth hormone deficiency and others.
- On the basis of therapy, the market is segmented into insulin, glucagon-like peptide-1, growth hormones and others.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into home healthcare, hospitals, clinics and others.
Competitive Analysis: North America Pen Needles Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Novo Nordisk A/S, Eli Lilly and Company, Terumo Corporation, MedExel Co., Ltd, ALLISON MEDICAL, VOGT MEDICAL, Digital Medics Pty Ltd., STAT Medical Devices., DOMREX Pharma Inc., A. Menarini Diagnostics srl, Ypsomed AG, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Facet Medical Technologies, KD Medical GmbH, Haselmeier GmbH & Co. KG, pendiq GmbH, MedExel Co., Ltd, Owen Mumford Ltd., HTL-STREFA S.A., LDI, Ltd. LLC and Sanofi among others.
- In August 2018, JDRF partnered with Ypsomed which resulted into increased products of next-generation automated insulin delivery (AID) systems mylife YpsoPump, insulin pump. This will provide connection of mylife YpsoPump. Henceforth, there will be an increased product portfolio and revenue of a company.
- In May 2018, Wilhelm Haselmeier GmbH & Co. KG had announced an agreement with common sensing for injectable medicine. With this there will be recognition of company as well as there will be increased development of innovative mechanical drug delivery solutions.
- In March 2018, Ypsomed opened their subsidiaries into Canada. This resulted into business expansion of a company into North America. The company will commercialize various products in the North America so there will be increased revenue of the company.
Research Methodology: North America Pen Needles Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Researchers, Distributors, Bakers and Food Industrialists. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and National Sales Managers.