North America Polypropylene Market By Type (Homopolymers, Copolymers), Application (Packaging, Automotive, Medical, Construction, Consumer Products, Electrical & Electronics, Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Polypropylene is a linear saturated hydrocarbon polymer that offers many properties such as good chemical resistance, good fatigue resistance, good heat resistance, integral hinge property and translucent behaviour. The polymer provides excellent chemical and electrical resistance to be used in several applications at a very high temperature. Polypropylene polymers are manufactured when monomers of propylene are subjected to heat and pressure in the presence of a catalyst system. Polypropylene homopolymers provide high strength and are stronger and stiffer than copolymers. Growing demand for polypropylene for the packaging of various goods is leading to growth in demand for global polypropylene market.
North America polypropylene market is expected to register a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026.
Segmentation: North America Polypropylene Market
North America polypropylene market is segmented into two notable segments on the basis of type and application.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into homopolymers and copolymers.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into packaging, automotive, medical, construction, consumer products, electrical & electronics and others.
Competitive Analysis: North America Polypropylene Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, Total, PetroChina Company Limited, Exxon Mobil Corporation, SABIC, BASF SE, Borealis AG, Braskem, Celanese Corporation, Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A., LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Niche Polymer, PolyOne Corporation, Reliance Industries Limited, Sasol Limited, SCG Chemicals Co., Ltd., Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Trinseo, Westlake Chemical Corporation among others.
- In March 2018, ExxonMobil Corporation expanded its U.S. Gulf Coast manufacturing unit capacity for the production of advanced polypropylene products. The new plant will have a capacity by up to 450,000 tons a year and will produce advanced PP products to be used in high performance packaging and automotive applications.
- In April 2018, Braskem launched New Prisma 6810 Polypropylene plastic that offers stiffness, transparency and toughness to be used in various thermoforming applications. The company showcased its product at the world's leading plastics trade show and conference, NPE 2018.
- In June 2017, Braskem announced the construction of a new manufacturing plant for the production of Polypropylene (PP) in Texas, U.S. The company invested a total sum of USD 675 Million for the construction of this plant. The investment in the construction of this petrochemical plant will add a substantial capacity in the production of PP.
Research Methodology: North America Polypropylene Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Distributors, Industrial Professionals. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.