North America Powered Surgical Instruments Market By Power Source (Electric Instruments, Battery-Powered Instruments, Pneumatic Instruments), Product (Handpieces, Power Sources and Controls, Accessories), Application (Orthopedic Surgery, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Neurosurgery, ENT Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: North America Powered Surgical Instruments Market
North America powered surgical instruments market is registering a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. The rise in the market can be attributed due to the surging number of minimally invasive surgeries and increasing robotic aided surgical procedures have contributed to the growth of the market.
Market Definition: North America Powered Surgical Instruments Market
Powered surgical instruments are instruments which are used to assist in various kinds of surgeries. Powered surgical instruments are either pneumatic or electrical by a power source. These instruments provide greater efficiencies and hence reduce the time required for surgery. It can be used to clean, inspect and sterilize at the time of the procedure. The various development and innovations in the fields of neurology, dentistry, cardiology, orthopedics and otology have increased the demand for the powered surgical instruments.
- The rise in the elderly population is driving the market growth
- There has been a surge in the arthroscopy & minimally invasive procedures which has boosted the market growth
- The advent of technology and innovation in surgical robotics has fueled the market growth
- The increase in the surgical procedures has contributed to the market growth
- The surging incidences of lifestyle diseases have propelled the market growth
- The excise duty tax has been imposed in the U.S. which hinders the market growth
- The competition for high prices has restraint the market growth
- Lack of skilled professionals is hampering the market growth
Segmentation: North America Powered Surgical Instruments Market
By Power Source
- Electric Instruments
- Battery-Powered Instruments
- Pneumatic Instruments
- Drill Systems
- Saw Systems
- Reamer Systems
- Power Sources and Controls
- Electric Consoles
- Pneumatic Regulators
- Surgical Accessories
- Electrical Accessories
- Other Accessories
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Ent Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, Medtronic had acquired Titan Spine which will enable spinal procedures and improve outcomes through complete procedural solutions. The companies will together provide the best solutions for the surgeons. The acquisition had strengthened and brought technological advancements in spinal procedures and position the company as an innovator in the market.
- In February 2019, Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. had acquired Auris Health, Inc.to combat advancements and innovations in lung cancer which will deliver a wonderful patient experience and meet the surgical needs in the market. The acquisition had enabled the entry into the robotics market as well as expansion in various other interventional applications.
Powered surgical instruments market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of powered surgical instruments market for U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the North America powered surgical instruments market are Medtronic, Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Stryker, Smith & Nephew Inc., Zimmer Biomet, CONMED Corporation, Abbott, DePuy Synthes, De Soutter Medical, Allotech Inc., adeor medical AG, Exactech Inc., MicroAire Surgical Instruments LLC., GST Corporation Limited and In’Tech Medical among others.
Research Methodology: North America Powered Surgical Instruments Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of North America powered surgical instruments market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)