North America Prebiotics for Infant Formula By Type (Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMOS), Galactooligosaccharides (GOS), Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), Mannan-Oligosaccharides (MOS), Polydextrose (PDX), Lactulose (LOS), Inulin), Source (Bacteria, Algae, Fungi, Plants & Vegetables), Grade (Inorganic, Organic), Form (Powder, Liquid), Product Type (Standard Formula, Toddler Formula, Follow Up Formula, Special Formula), Infant Age (0-6 Months, 6-12 Months, 1-3 Years), By Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Market Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market
Prebiotics for Infant Formula market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 6.9% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027and expected to reach USD 700.88 million by 2027. Growing investment in life science industry adopts the utilization of Prebiotics for Infant Formula are the factors for the market growth.
The growth in the number of infants and requirement of the nutritional food products for the growth and development of infant owe to the market growth. North America region is dominating due to increasing number of infant population has up-surged the demand for nutritional products as consumers are more concerned towards healthy products. According to Mead Johnson, almost 80 percent of the U.S. infants consume this formula at some time between 12 months.
This Prebiotics for Infant Formula market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market Scope and Market Size
North America Prebiotics for Infant Formula market is segmented of the basis type, source, grade, form, product type and infant age. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.On the basis of type, the market is segmented into human milk oligosaccharides (HMOS), galactooligosaccharides (GOS), fructooligosaccharides (FOS), mannan-oligosaccharides (MOS), polydextrose (PDX), lactulose (LOS), and inulin. In 2020 Human milk oligosaccharides (HMOS) segment is expected to dominate the market and growing with highest CAGR due to their composition associated with the human milk and benefits adapted for the infant’s immature digestive and immune systems. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have independently permitted the safety and utilization of lacto-N-neotetraose (LNnT) and 2′-fucosyllactose (2′-FL) for administration to babies with the help of infant formulas owing to their market growth.
- On the basis of source, the market is segmented into bacteria, algae, fungi, plants & vegetables, and others. In 2020, plants & vegetables segment is expected to dominate the market due to the high yield of FOS & GOS from Barley, wheat and extraction of Inulin from Chicory roots. The Cargill Incorporated (U.S.) have developed blend of Oligo Fiber extracted from the Chicory roots used in the infant and other food products for health benefits. The preference of the manufacturers to use the plants and vegetables as source in the production of Prebiotics and their demand will leads to the market growth.
- On the basis of grade, the market is segmented into inorganic and organic. In 2020, inorganic segment is expected to dominate the market and in North America organic segment is growing with the highest CAGR, due to the high involvement of enzymatic processing and incorporation of enzymes to extract the prebiotics with the help of fermentation process. The process enhances the overall yield of prebiotics and fulfil the nutritional demand in the infant formula. The rising preference of non-GMO products due to their safety accelerates the population to prefer organic products
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into powder and liquid. For instance, In 2020, powder segment is expected to dominate the market as according Food Additive Safety (HFS-255), FOS is majorly marketed in form of granular form due to their stability and consistency to manufacture the infant formula in off-white color. With the stability and convenience in handling the powder form is mostly preferred among manufacturers than the liquid.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into standard formula, toddler formula, follow up formula and special formula. In 2020, standard formula segment is expected to dominate due to their similar efficiency in growth and development of infants and the formulation composition of prebiotics in standard formulas compare to other shows positive effect in developing the gut bacteria. The standard formula and their adoption among infants of age 0 to 12 months incorporated with FOS and GOS blends provide positive feedback and leading in their health growth.
- On the basis of infant age, the market is segmented into 0-6 months, 6-12 months and 1-3 years. In 2020, 6-12 months segment is expected to dominate the prebiotics for infant formula market due to demand of prebiotics infant formulas is higher for 6 to 12 year age group of infants. In May 2016, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, the breastfeeding rate in the U.S. is only 43% and among them only 13% meets the breastfeed requirement for six months. Such stats clearly show an opportunity for the 0-6 age group prebiotics market in the U.S.
Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market Country Level Analysis
North America market is analysed and market size information is provided by country by type, source, grade, form, product type and infant age as referenced above.
The countries covered in the Prebiotics for Infant Formula market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America.
North America Prebiotics for Infant Formula market is dominating the market due to the growing number of preterm birth rates in United States leading the need of prebiotics formula for the infants brain development. For instance, In 2016, according to the March of Dimes Foundation, the preterm birth rate in the U.S. is 9.6 percent which clearly shows the risks of prematurity in the U.S. nations. The U.S. country with strong economy and healthcare infrastructure facility is witnessing a solid challenge related to premature infant. As a result, the companies like Ingredion Incorporated, Glycosyn LLC and others are highly promoting prebiotics for those premature infant to improve their development and growth
Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market, By Product Type
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growth in Utilization of Clinical Laboratories
North America Prebiotics for Infant Formula market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for prebiotics for infant formula market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in infant formula regulatory scenarios and their impact on the Prebiotics for Infant Formula market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market Share Analysis
North America Prebiotics for Infant Formula market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to North America prebiotics for infant formula market.
The major players covered in the report are Jennewein Biotechnologie GmbH, zuChem Inc., Biosynth Carbosynth, ELICITYL SA, Dextra Laboratories Limited, Glycom A/S, Tereos, Ingredion Incorporated, Royal FrieslandCampina N.V., Südzucker AG, Cargill, Incorporated., Fonterra Co-operative Group, Royal Cosun, COSUCRA, New Francisco (Yunfu City) Biotechnology Corporation Limited, Dana Dairy Group, Glycosyn LLC and DuPont among other players domestic and global. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In May 2019, Glycosyn LLC (U.S.) announced their partnership with BASF (Germany), to develop a new product of human milk oligosaccharides (HMOs) which will be utilized in medical products, nutritional formulation and dietary supplements. . With the new strategic decision company will explore new opportunity of HMOs in infant formula to other application and enhances the potential of the market.
- In November 2018, Glycosyn LLC (U.S.) announced their partnership from Ginkgo Bioworks (U.S.) to enhance their production capacity. The company raised USD 14.00 million for expansion in the production fo HMOs. The expansion in the production facility of company enhances their product portfolio in potential market and aims to reach their customers to fulfil their nutritional demands. Partnership, collaboration and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for prebiotics for infant formula through expanded model range