North America Prepacked Chromatography Columns Market By Product Type (>1 Litre Column, 100-1000ML Column and 1-100ML Column), Techniques (Ion Exchange Chromatography, Hydrophobic Stationary Phase Chromatography, Multimodal Chromatography, Affinity Chromatography and Gel Filtration Chromatography), Application (Sample Preparation, Resin Screening, Protein Purification, Anion and Cation Exchange, Affinity Chromatography and Desalting), End-User (Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nutraceuticals, Food & Beverages, Analytical Laboratories, Agriculture & Environment and Academics & Research), Countries (U.S., Canada and Mexico) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026Chromatography Columns are the column specific apparatus that have main applications in the decontamination procedures of chemical compounds. Prepacked columns are the columns that are pre-filled with accurate proportions of resins and solvents required in sample preparations and drug testing in the research laboratories. The need for better single-used columns and increase in disposable systems in the bioprocessing of compounds is increasing the demand for these prepacked columns thereby increasing the market share potential of the prepacked chromatography columns market.
Column Chromatography is mainly an application of chemistry that is used in separation of elements from a mixture of compounds. Biopharmaceutical and protein purification along with sample preparation using column chromatography techniques requires larger sized prepacked columns in order to provide high quality end user product. The columns move at different rates to get separated in various fractions of compounds which can be used in wide range of solvents. The main advantage of this technique lies in low time requirement with very low maintenance and labor cost providing great operational flexibility.
The healthcare industry is highly dependent on the sample preparation by using variety of chromatography methods. It is considered the most accurate and cost effective technique for the extraction of the compounds from the biological fluids.
North America prepacked chromatography columns market is projected to register a healthy CAGR of 10.3% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: North America Prepacked Chromatography Columns Market
North America prepacked chromatography columns market is segmented into four notable segments which are product type, techniques, application and end-user.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into (>1 Litre Column, 100-1000ML Column and 1-100ML Column.
- In February 2019, Merck is investing USD 70 million for the expansion of the research and development centre in Billerica, Massachusetts. The centre will be committed in innovation & development in the field of oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology. Merck is a well-known name in life science and this expansion is a testament to the state’s global leadership.
- On the basis of techniques, the market is segmented into Ion Exchange Chromatography, Hydrophobic Stationary Phase Chromatography, Multimodal Chromatography, Affinity Chromatography and Gel Filtration Chromatography.
- In May 2017, Phenomenex Inc. opened a new manufacturing facility for the gas chromatography (GC) columns. 15,000-square-foot facility which will be designed and renovated specifically for the company in the location of suburb of El Dorado Hills. This will help to company to expend their business globally.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into Sample Preparation, Resin Screening, Protein Purification, Anion and Cation Exchange, Affinity Chromatography and Desalting.
- In January 2019, Shimadzu Corporation opened a new research and development centre in Keihanna Science City, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan, so that they can expand their innovation team. It will provide several core themes including artificial intelligence innovative biotechnology, brain-science and the five senses.
- On the basis of end-user, the market is segmented into Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nutraceuticals, Food & Beverages, Analytical Laboratories, Agriculture & Environment and Academics & Research.
- In April 2015, Tosoh Corporation announced the expansion of its Bioscience operations. It acquired Indian in-vitro diagnostics company Lilac Medicare Pvt. Ltd. and made it a part of the Tosoh Group. It helped the company in expanding its business by increasing its share in the growing Indian market and strengthening its presence in India.
Competitive Analysis: North America Prepacked Chromatography Columns Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Tosoh Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Cole-Parmer Instrument Company, LLC., sunresin, Purolite, Shimadzu Corporation, YMC Europe GMBH, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Repligen Corporation, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., WATERS, Phenomenex Inc., GENERAL ELECTRIC, Merck & Co., Inc., Danaher, Halma plc.
- In February 2019, Agilent Technologies Inc., launched two new gas chromatography systems that will initiate innovative and intelligent self-aware predictive technology. This new product launch will help to expanding their system intelligent functions globally.
- In January 2019, Shimadzu Corporation announced the launch of its Nexera Prep Series Preparative Purification Liquid Chromatograph (LC). It will help in the extraction of the target molecules in pharmaceutical analysis. It will help in improving the efficiency via effective preparative work using LC or an LCMS. It will help in adding the innovative and upgraded product which meets the demand of market and maintains the product standards of the company.
- In February 2019, Tosoh Corporation launched TSKgel FcR-IIIA-NPR. The product is world’s first FcγR affinity chromatography analysis column for antibody drugs. The company is involved in providing high performance chromatography columns and continues to bring new products to market to become a leading company in the bioscience market.
- In August 2018, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. announced the launch of two chromatography samples for protein purification namely CHT Ceramic Hydroxyapatite XT Media and Nuvia HP-Q. The new products are introduced to fulfil the demand of chromatography technology requirements regarding precision, safety and reproducibility.
- In July 2018, YMC Europe GMBH launched new (U) HPLC RP column. The product is for purification and isolation of proteins, peptides and antibodies with high reproducibility. The company keeps developing products to enhance and scale up the methodology of research and give researchers ideal choice for improving the quality of research.
Research Methodology: North America Prepacked Chromatography Columns Market
Primary Respondents: Key Industry Participants, Subject-Matter Experts (SMEs), C-level Executives of Key Market Players, Market Intelligence Managers, National Sales Managers and Industry Consultants.